+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nevada is Beatable

Puppy Navalbronco is an unknown
    Nevada is a winable game for you guys. Nevada has a solid team this year but they are MUCH tougher at home than on the road. And Ruston is a long way from Reno.

Keep your heads up, don't meltdown just because the team seems to have. What happened to the La Tech fans that were so rabid last year prior to the H-Bowl? I froze my @ss off for you guys last year at the H-Bowl, don't give up so easy!

Big Dog Buddy1972 is an unknown
    Thanks, NB.

The majority of us won't give up the ship.

We expect our team to over-achieve and we are disappointed when our beloved Bulldogs don't leave it all on the playing field. That doesn't happen often.

Most sailors I knew on active duty didn't hesitate to complain, but always pulled together when it came time to perform the mission. Real Tech fans are the same way. We'll complain, but we dearly love our school. We'll be there on game day and we'll be rabid. Just like we were in Boise (which I didn't think was that cold).

Better end this before I start barking.

Puppy Navalbronco is an unknown
    I have to wipe snow off my metal bleacher seat to sit my scrawny butt down.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute
    Don't get our hopes up NB! Rice and SMU were winnable games too.

What is so disappointing is that I could forgive the Rice loss because I think our players were beaten up physically and mentally headed into that game. We should have seen it coming. But the SMU game! We had a week off the get excited about the WAC race, to refocus on the long-term goals and really turn this season around. I expected to see the Dawgs come out like rabid dawgs flying all over the place and making plays. It just didn't happen. They looked as bad against SMU as they did against Rice. They were sleep-walking out there. I think the players have mailed it in this year. They know they have nothing left to play for this year, and the rest of the games may get real ugly real fast.

One would think that they would come out Saturday to make a statement about their character---but I am afraid that they don't have the fire in the gut to do that. That is about the only blame I put squarely on the coaching staff.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar
    every wac game this year is/was a winnable game for us. now i dont think we will beat boise on the road, but we can still win the rest if we try a lot harder.

Puppy Junkyard Dawg is an unknown Junkyard Dawg's Avatar
    Not just every WAC game. But every game this year has been winnable. With the team I saw in the 4th quarter against OSU firing on all cylinders, and the coaches doing their jobs, we really could have posted wins everywhere we played this year. Everywhere. We were in every game at halftime or later. Every game. We just expect alot from our teams because we are always on the border. That is the reason these losses are so tough to swallow. We are not even coming close to our potential. We have some very good athletes on this team, we're not just using them well. Oh well, there's always next season.

+ Reply to Thread