+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rabedeaux steps down at UTEP

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar
    He needed to go. He has run that program into the ground and run off something like 5 players and 3 assistants in 3 years.

Rumors are flying around the UTEP board that Nolan Richardson will be announced as coach within the week.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar
    i wondered if he would try to go back to el paso. i think he would be good for the wac.

Champ LouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant future
    I dont know about all of that Dawg but i do know that since i been coaching AAU, he is the best recruiter i have ever met.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Mike -

How big would that be for the WAC as a whole to have Nolan at a school?

I've heard he had a clause in his buy-out agreeing that he wouldn't coach any where for X period of time - with one exception - UTEP...

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    I assume you mean Nolan is the best recruiter you've ever met.

Champ LouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant future
    That would be big for the WAC. It would be the same as Bobby Knight going to the Big 12. They said on the radio tonight that Nolan was going to be on campus tomorrow. No Dawg, i was talking about Jason.

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar
    He has left the program in horrible shape. Here's an exerpt from the UTEP preview on my page-

"Before the recent defections I was predicting that this team would win about 15 games. Now I believe that the team will win fewer games than they did last year. No one in the backcourt has any Div 1 experience. No one is a proven outside shooter. The team’s best player, Roy Smallwood, has not consistently shown the desire to play since his freshman season, and its second best player, Justino Victoriano, is foul prone. There are only 9 scholarship players on the team (Clausen and Duran are walk-ons), and it appears that two of those players, Joe Devance and Alex Anthis, are not Div 1 caliber players."

Why do you care dawg04? As i was saying he is a great recruiter---all asst coaches dont make great head coaches--but you have to look at the fact that he recruited 6 of the top 7 players that were on OU final four team. Again why do you care how he left that program. :roll:

I care because with a horrible team they are going to pull our RPI down. Last year in one week we BEAT Boise and UTEP on the road and our RPI dropped. The stronger all the WAC teams are, the better off we are.

He has brought in good recruting classes at UTEP- He just didn't translate that to wins as a head coach.

And to leave with less than a month before the season starts... makes you wonder what's going on behind the scenes. He had to resign- UTEP couldn't afford to buy out his contract.

The UTEP board is reporting that he has 2 paternity suits filed against him in court in El Paso.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    How do they think they will afford Nolan then?

You can bet if Nolan go there, Wal-Mart will pick up the check. They LOVE him.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    I need a check from Wal-Mart too. I bet they would love me! :heart:

The Fox News just said Nolan said no. Said "the timing was not right". Now its Tim Floyd.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaSelect
    The Fox News just said Nolan said no. Said "the timing was not right". Now its Tim Floyd.
    Tim Floyd would be an incredible hire.

+ Reply to Thread