+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hint on formatting your messages

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    I know we rolled this board out quick and didn't get a chance to put together tutorials, but I can't remember if I mentioned this.

One of the things that is different about this board that makes it easier to formate your messages is that you can highlight text and then hit a button to put the beginning and ending format codes on it. On the previous board, this deleted the text. That doesn't happen now.

Just thought I would let y'all know.

TDF

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    So, if I want my message to be bold faced, I just have to...

Let me try something, now.

[scroll:0e0569da8b][glow=red:0e0569da8b]GO BULLDOGS!!!!![/glow:0e0569da8b][/[/scroll:0e0569da8b]

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Well, that worked better than last time. I still would like to know how to get the letters huge like some I had seen. I tried using font size pull down, but apparently it didn't work.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar
    [scroll:e27c17584d][glow=red:e27c17584d]GO BULLDOGS!!![/glow:e27c17584d][/scroll:e27c17584d]

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    Well, that worked better than last time. I still would like to know how to get the letters huge like some I had seen. I tried using font size pull down, but apparently it didn't work.
    I'm actually trying to work on that. I don't know how familiar you are with html, but what the BBCode does is uses the bracket code we are putting in our messages and applies html code to it through the program. So the [ size=36] SHOULD be the same as the html 36 pt. But for some reason it isn't. I don't know why and I'm TRYING to figure it out, but haven't gotten there yet.

You'll know when I get it figured out.

That would be good. For some reason, the TECH spellout each week just doesn't seem too spirited. The larger letters gave more of a sense of shouting. These smaller letters seem more like a bunch of timid fans. Hmmmmm ops:

Varsity Bulldog techdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around here
    step by step, how are we doing the grey quote thing?? I attempted and failed on my last post. Thanks

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Find the post you want to quote and click on the "quote" box on the top right of that post.

A "posting" box will open with the quoted text and code already included. Then, just type your message.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar
    Is there a way to put spaces on schedules to format.
    So the date, oponnent, time and TV information will be spread out

November 6 Spirit Express (Exhibition) 8:00 p.m.
    November 12 VASDA (Exhibition) 7:00 p.m.
    November 19 @ #7 Florida Gators Preseason NIT (ESPN2) 6:00 p.m.
    November 21 2nd Rond Preseason NIT
    November 24 Millsaps College 2:00 p.m.

Is there a way to put spaces on schedules to format.
    So the date, oponnent, time and TV information will be spread out

November 6 Spirit Express (Exhibition) 8:00 p.m.
    November 12 VASDA (Exhibition) 7:00 p.m.
    November 19 @ #7 Florida Gators Preseason NIT (ESPN2) 6:00 p.m.
    November 21 2nd Rond Preseason NIT
    November 24 Millsaps College 2:00 p.m.
    You can do something like this:
    <table border="1" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="4" >
    <tr><td>November 6</td> <td>Spirit Express (Exhibition)</td><td>8:00 p.m.</td></tr>
    <tr><td>November 12 </td><td>VASDA (Exhibition)</td><td>7:00 p.m.</td></tr>
    <tr><td>November 19</td><td>@ #7 Florida Gators Preseason NIT (ESPN2)</td><td>6:00 p.m.</td></tr>
    <tr><td>November 21</td><td>2nd Round Preseason NIT</td></tr>
    <tr><td>November 24</td><td>Millsaps College</td><td>2:00 p.m</td></tr></table>

To do that, click the box to enable HTML in posts. Then use a HTML table with the appropriate formatting to create the table. You may want to create the table in something like FrontPage which is a little easier and then just copy the HTML code over. Remember to use the &lt; &gt; instead of the [] for your code. This table was done with the properties border=1, cellspacing=4, and cellpadding=1.

TDF (Chris)

Varsity Bulldog techdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around here
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ
    Find the post you want to quote and click on the "quote" box on the top right of that post.

A "posting" box will open with the quoted text and code already included. Then, just type your message.

thanks

Hey it doesn't look right on my computer, is that just because I posted it, or is it done wrong? Thanks again

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by techdrummer
    Hey it doesn't look right on my computer, is that just because I posted it, or is it done wrong? Thanks again
    Make sure you do NOT check the "Disable BBCode in this post" box under the message when you post.

It should work then! 8-)

I've got the basketball schedule done. It took me some time because it originally had a lot of blank space at the top of the post, but it's fixed.
    http://www.latechbbb.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=215#215

I'll work on Women's BB next, then baseball (still a long way from that).

Thanks David. We appreciate the help! :wink:

+ Reply to Thread