From The Daily News in Bowling Green, Kentucky...
http://www.bgdailynews.com/cgi-bin/v...0021017+sports

...Somewhere in the near future, the Sun Belt, Mountain West and Western Athletic conferences are expected to get together and swap some teams.

“There’s still a lot of discussion going on about that,” Selig said. “Now, the Sun Belt is in a position to be a pretty solid player when it comes to orchestrating what these new leagues are going to look like.”

Selig said the pressures of missed class time and travel costs likely would force the far-flung leagues to trade out some teams to become more geographically compact.

With the new additions, the Sun Belt hypothetically stretches from Miami (Florida International) to Idaho. The WAC goes all the way from Hawaii to Ruston, La.

According the Selig, the most likely scenario would see the Sun Belt getting Tulsa, Rice, Southern Methodist and Louisiana Tech as all-sports members.

The SBC would lose Denver to the Mountain West and Idaho, Utah State and New Mexico State to the WAC.

Selig said it also was possible that Conference USA would get into the mix with schools like Alabama-Birmingham and Southern Mississippi as possible new SBC members.

“There’s no telling what will happen with Conference USA. I think that is potentially a very volatile league as well,” Selig said.

Just when will all these changes take place?

“That’s the million dollar question. I don’t think anybody can look into a crystal ball and tell exactly when this will all happen,” Selig said. “I do think we will see some significant movement in the next two years.”