+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taylor Twins commit to UAB

Puppy uabfan is an unknown
    I didnt realize that Donnel can play the point. 6-5 point guards are hard to come by.

Still, with their rankings, I would have thought more interest than just UAB & LA Tech.
    Who else was involved ?

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    You guys can have them. I'm sure they are great and all but we have a lot of players at guard anyway. We need to sign some more HS players and this should give us a chance to recruit them. Our resident Basketball expert (Dawg04) said they came only as a package deal and that is the reason most schools backed off.

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar
    That's a great pickup for UAB. Both of the twins can play 3 postions. I know Richard wanted them but thier mother lives in Birmingham so......... hopefully the same reason will let us land Paul Millsap.

We still need to bring in a quality point guard since Bruce Edwards will be the only point on the roster next year.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    Jay Jackson sounds good to me at the point. I'll take him and possibly the transfer over the twins b/c of the extra years we'll have. If Brown transfers and sits out this year would he be eligible for next season? Then Jay could redshirt and back-up while Brown was here then start. Sounds like a good plan. The only problem is neither have committed or signed-what's the hold up? Good luck Coach Richard!

Puppy uabfan is an unknown
    They were pleased with them. Said they both could play really good defense.

Still, UAB NEEDS big men in a very big way. Plus, Too many jucos are what got Murry Bartow in trouble.

Since these guys are brothers, perhaps it wont affect team chemistry as much.

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar
    Jay wants to wait to sign in the spring, but every school except Tech that is listed with him already has gotten commitments from point guards. At one point it was said to be Tech and Tulane neck in neck. Since then Tulane has gotten commits from 3 guards, including 2 points.

I noticed that about all the other schools recruiting Jay and I don't see how any of them can afford to sign another PG regardless of how good Jay is really. That should help our chances, but waiting generally I would say isn't in our favor.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar
    dawg04, in your opinion, what top 4 guys do the coaching want? now that troy aaron, the taylor twins, and the james kid have commited elsewhere, it seems the options are limited.

i would say the transfer with 3 years left, milsapp, and jackson would not be bad, with the 4th guy being hodge or another g/f like the kid from white castle.

i dont think we should sign a 5th player now, because the talent pool has gotten smaller. they might want to let brian martin come back for that 5th year and then have 3 scholarships available when he, zach, and sykes leave. what do you think?

Here's my assesment

1)Millsap- I'd put money he's coming
    2) Jackson- I know he's been one we've been after hard.
    3) Brown- (transfer)- From talking to him he liked what he saw here. He commented several times on the food, and said that when the players took him out Friday night they tried to get him to eat a frog leg.

He also said (after leaving the BB&B tailgate) that people down here are really nice. He said it's a shock after being from Los Angeles and playing in New York.

The only thing is Richard has never seen him play and Richard does not sign players he personally hasn't see play. Coach Forbes brought Brown in because he had recruited him before for a JUCO.

4) Your guess is as good as mind. Maybe Hodge, although he will have to prop. I think we have backed off of Arnold Gore from White Castle, but it may have been his choice.

I wouldn't be surprised if we signed a JUCO with the 4th scholarship. Richard likes to bring in at least one a year and we will have a younger roster next season. There is very little JUCO information out there so it is hard to track.

That said here's a possibility (don't know how much).

Brown had a roomate at prep school named Julian Sensley. Sensley is one of the top JUCO's in the country. Sensley was orignally from Hawaii. He followed Brown to Iona but didn't have the grades. Brown told me that Sensley tried to get him to go to Fresno with him but Sensley still didn't have the grades so he's at Southern Nevada JC.

When I asked Brown about the possiblity, he said "probably, he's followed me everywhere else."

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    --

I know Jay Jackson has taken a visit to ULL but have not heard that he committed. Do you remeber where you saw that.

ULL recently got a commitment from Jay Walker -a point guard from California.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weunice
    I read that Jackson signed with ULL recently so I guess that puts a damper on recruiting him.
    Just to clarify, a player can only "committ" before signing day. On signing day, that player can actually "sign" with a school.

The difference is that a "committment" is non-binding while a "signee" is bound by a written scholarship agreement.

Journalists are the world's worst about using the incorrect term and confusing people.

8-)

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    I may have made a mistake there ... I will delete my post. Stuff like this can turn into rampant rumors that can affect recruiting. You may want to do the same.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar
    so what do you think about using that 5th scholarship. it looks like we will need two big guys to replace sykes and zach in 2004. that being said, this sensley guy could fill one of those spots:

Rivalshoops.com 2001 Recruiting Class
    Kailua (HI)
    Diablo Valley College (CA)
    position
    Power forward

height 6-foot-9
    weight 230 pounds

Bio Notes and Stats: Julian Sensley, one of the top players from the class of 2001, prepped at St. Thomas More in Connecticut for two years.

He signed with Cal for the 2001-2002 school year but was not allowed to enroll when the NCAA denied his appeal of their partial qualification decision. California does not accept non- or partial qualifiers. He enrolled as a part time student at Diablo Valley College (CA) and was practicing with the team.

RivalsHoops.com
    Rating
    NR

RivalsHoops.com
    Position Rankings
    current: NR

Has committed to Fresno State.

I believe Zach can get a year back if he graduates on time. Anyone know for sure? I think he was a prop.

+ Reply to Thread