+ Reply to Thread

Thread: JBIII LOOKING FOR ANOTHER WORD

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar
    On the Growl last night there were some great questions including a story about a guy, when he was a child his mom in south la. would threat him with tabasco on the tongue if he used certain words..that led to asking Jack about the word frustated and his constant use of it....after Dave said Benny T on the sidelines could bring the tabasco Jack promised to look for another word to use. A caller also got the question of why Luke is all alone on the sidelines instead of pumping up the offense..Jack handled it pretty well describing Luke as the hardest worker on the team and leading by example from wind sprints to weight room etc....and that Luke was trying to "process" the game plan...Jack said some leaders lead by cheerleading -some by example. Also the caller did get to the point of using Maxie when Luke isn't doing well....Jack had none of that and "never thought about it" he said he has all the faith in the world in Luke and never thought about benching him....Coach Smith did an excellent job of describing the Defensive side and did put the blame on HIMSELF for the last big pass play for the t.d at SMU - he indicated the safety was out of position and that was the coach fault and also he may have left him in too long and he was not at 100%. Did enjoy hearing some actual X and Os from Coach Smith. By the way Dr. Jarrell was in the audience--

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    I just don't get it why Bicknell will not pull Luke when he is having a terrible game. I guess after he and Bicknell stink up the place again next year we can look for a turn around in 2004 with a new coach and a new QB. BTW, Luke passed Terry Bradshaw on the career Interceptions last week and now has 44 in his 2.5 year career. I look for him to pass Matt Dunigan for second place real soon and will easily break Jason Martin's record of 55 before he is through. This is very frustrating for me to listen to on the radio, much less watch, and that's why I won't be at the game this weekend. It's just too damn frustrating to see the team fail doing the same thing over and over and over.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    DonW,

That last post says a lot about you.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar
    Thanks for being such a good fan Don!

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    I don' think my neighbors would want to hear the words I use to describe Bicknell when he refuses to make changes, so that's why I am going fishing instead. I know that I won't be able to hold it in. If Bicknell was actually trying to coach and make changes during the game, I could handle it. But, I just can't stand seeing him on the sidelines doing nothing while we are getting our ass kicked. I can't stand to see Joe Smith not getting the ball when he is averaging 10 yards/carry. I can't stand to see Luke McCown throw his 3rd int. and Bicknell will not pull him and give someone else a chance.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    Thanks Tech Cajun-
    Sounds like the only growl I have missed turned out to be the best one. I was really looking forward to hearing from Coach Smith. Is the crowd improving any? I doubt the losses help much in that regard.

Big Dog macp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nice macp38's Avatar
    In another growl report they said it was a poorly attended Growl.

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar
    Luke passed Terry Bradshaw on the career Interceptions last week and now has 44 in his 2.5 year career. I look for him to pass Matt Dunigan for second place real soon and will easily break Jason Martin's record of 55 before he is through.
    How many passes did Bradshaw or Dunigan or Martin throw in their career. I bet its not as many as Luke will end up throwing. I think the more important stat to look at would be INTs / attempt

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DONW
    I don' think my neighbors would want to hear the words I use to describe Bicknell when he refuses to make changes, so that's why I am going fishing instead. I know that I won't be able to hold it in. If Bicknell was actually trying to coach and make changes during the game, I could handle it. But, I just can't stand seeing him on the sidelines doing nothing while we are getting our ass kicked. I can't stand to see Joe Smith not getting the ball when he is averaging 10 yards/carry. I can't stand to see Luke McCown throw his 3rd int. and Bicknell will not pull him and give someone else a chance.
    Don,

I don't get that at all. There is no excuse for missing a game for a true Dawg fan. No matter what. I guess we should all adopt a defeatist attitude and stay home. I just cannot do that. I will never give up on the bulldogs. NEVER!

I don't think the # of passes is important. 75% of the passes Luke throws are those little dinks. Even you and I could complete those. When he does throw down the field, he gets intercepted. Bradshaw would sometimes throw only 4 passes in an 80 yard drive. And the 4th one was a TD. Same thing with Matt Dunigan. He just about always threw down the field.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    I wish I could go fishing, too. The leaves are magnificent on the trees along the rivers and lakes of the Ozarks right now.
    But I may be driving through Conway sometime between 4 a.m. and 7 a.m. in an attempt to get to Ruston in time to grab a bite at the tailgate and maybe find a few people who still don't have their pride pins.
    Call me if you change your mind!

Varsity Bulldog Papadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the ears Papadawg62's Avatar
    Aurb.---spoken like a TRUE fan---considering that you probaly worked until 12 or 1. Hope to see you at the tailgate.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DONW
    I don't think the # of passes is important. 75% of the passes Luke throws are those little dinks. Even you and I could complete those. When he does throw down the field, he gets intercepted. Bradshaw would sometimes throw only 4 passes in an 80 yard drive. And the 4th one was a TD. Same thing with Matt Dunigan. He just about always threw down the field.
    As much as I love Tim Rattay, I think Dunigan is my all-time favorite Tech QB. You had to watch that guy play to fully appreciate his ability, and his competiveness. He did have a lot of INT's, which I mentioned several times before. Most of those INT's came when he was freshman (1979) and a sophmore (1980). By his senior season, I'd say he had a normal # of INT's. But, as you say Don, Dunigan was throwing down field 80% of the time. Those deep crossing patterns, 25-30 yards downfield, are riskier than the dinks. Sometimes one of his bullets would bounce off the hands of a WR and be intercepted on the deflection.

We also had a running game, so Dunigan didn't have to throw 50 times a game. If he had, Dunigan's career numbers in yardage, etc would be more Rattay-like.

I think Luke is a fine college QB. I still think he has untapped potential in him. Unfortunately, he doesn't appear to be getting the coaching that he needs to be completely successful. Players like Dunigan and Rattay can succeed more on their own, without the need for great coaching. Others can be great, with the proper coaching, which appears to be Luke's case.

But, Luke still has his senior season to go. If he can maintain a confidence level, I still think a break-out season is very possible.

Who heard of David Carr in his junior year?

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    I don't get that at all. There is no excuse for missing a game for a true Dawg fan. No matter what. I guess we should all adopt a defeatist attitude and stay home. I just cannot do that. I will never give up on the bulldogs. NEVER!
    Guess I'm not a true fan either. Got all the way to my parents' and ready to head to Ruston for the game... but this wimp decided I didn't want to watch in the rain and headed back to Baton Rouge. If our team looked like they cared much (i.e. they would've played better the last two weeks) I know I'd have been there with bells on but I just weenied out. Hopefully the weather wasn't as yucky at game time and there were plenty of more hearty fans than myself there!

+ Reply to Thread