+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Penalties...Discipline...Unacceptable

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar
    I can take the poor performance by our players (somewhat). BUT I CANNOT take NINE Penalties in the first 1.5 quarters. Our discipline is...well we have NO discipline.

Any thoughts? As I feel this starts at the top and with ALL the Staff.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Add turnovers to the list... :veryfuri:

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar
    Bicknell called his shot in the postgame interview. When asked about the stupid penalties, he said "It ends today."

So, we'll see.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    I'm sure you heard Dave say it was the worst officiated WAC game he'd seen. I think I heard him say Nevada got 9 first downs by penalty. We better send a game film to the WAC office this week for review, not that it will help much. Is it just me or has the officiating seemed really bad in alot of confences this year. The officiating is under fire in the big 10 this year and I heard the Arkansas announcers talking about how bad some of the calls were today in the Ole Miss game.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar
    Because...

[shadow=red:2250755652]WE WON![/shadow:2250755652]

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Its gotta be embarassing for the WAC when they see the game film and see an obviously bounced pass called a touchdown!

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    Sometime I think our fans go overboard in the criticism of officiating, especially at Techster games. For that reason, I rarely comment on the officials. However, that was the worst officiating I have ever seen, bar none. A great deal of the bad calls were “no calls.” As mentioned earlier, there was the bounce pass for a touchdown. In the series that Tech had the ball before the bounce pass, there was a Nevada defender who literally tackled the Tech receiver before the ball got there. Corey would have intercepted a ball in the end zone on one series in which Nevada scored, but the intended receiver pushed Corey before the ball got there in order to stop the interception. The list goes on, and on, but these were blatant misses by the officials.

Bicknell was on the head official pretty hard after the bounce pass touchdown. I kept finding myself hoping Bick would lose his cool and nail that sucker. Fortunately, he has more poise than I would have.

P.S. How 'bout that defense!!!!!!!!!!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    The refs were horrible!

or, maybe, they did their job as instructed by the WAC front office. I don't know. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but those were black helicopters hovering over Aillet today.....

Just kidding!

Yep, the refs were awful. The no-calls were just as bad as some of the calls against us. The short-hop TD, for one, the tackle of our WR, for another, at least two blatant offensive interferences against them that were not called, and the list goes on.

They also held the ball for 40 mins, and we gave away 3 TD's, how the heck did we win this game?

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    80, to call that a "short hop" would be an understatement. It was a bounce pass.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    I already knew WAC officials were bad. Before today I thought Big12 and SEC had them beat. I was WRONG. This was the worst crap I have ever seen. I don't thing we got one single judgement call our way all day and we got more than our share of calls from the black helecopter.

Puppy Junkyard Dawg is an unknown Junkyard Dawg's Avatar
    I have only seen one or two games all year where the officiating wasn't blatently disgusting. What has happened the last few years?

Puppy Junkyard Dawg is an unknown Junkyard Dawg's Avatar
    And I'm talking about all teams in all conferences

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light
    I agree. I am the last one who would use the "refs cost us the game" excuse, but had we lost, that is exactly what I would have thought. I still think there are discipline problems, but the pass int calls, no holding calls, etc. where just unbelieveable. That crew should be ashamed.

Reddawg

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar
    It's plain , simple, and obvious. Bicknell has no discipline w/ this team. From the deal in Boise w/ the players staying up all night, it still shows, he has no discipline.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    It's plain , simple, and obvious. Bicknell has no discipline w/ this team. From the deal in Boise w/ the players staying up all night, it still shows, he has no discipline.
    He will have it by the time we kickoff at SJS. Major changes are about to take place. We will have a very disciplined team for the rest of the year.

+ Reply to Thread