+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The offensive coordinator looks good when...

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar
    The OC looks good when the recievers catch the ball and Luke throws it to them. He looks bad when we drop passes and don't block.

Conroy is not the one who throws interceptions instead of taking a sack or throwing the ball out of bounds.

We need to stop blaming the coaches for players' mistakes.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    I will agree that some of the blame is on the players, but I'll bet Conroy will admit he has some of the blame as well. I support the coaches, do not support angry rantings by posters, but do not mind constructive criticism. With that said, the play calling got better in the fourth quarter of the SMU game, and continued with that trend today. I will give Conroy credit for calling a good game today.

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    Regardless of who called it, it appeared to me that many calls today were exactly the same things MANY, MANY people on the board have been desperately calling for for many weeks.

If Conroy did indeed call the plays today, why did it take so ong for what was needed to sink in????

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pup60
    Regardless of who called it, it appeared to me that many calls today were exactly the same things MANY, MANY people on the board have been desperately calling for for many weeks.

If Conroy did indeed call the plays today, why did it take so ong for what was needed to sink in????
    Exactlly! He spread the ball and thus the box out more today and threw deeper routes!

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar
    The play calling / execution was good enough to win, but I was suprised and disappointed in not seeing any motion in our sets. I don't think we put a guy in motion not one time during the entire game. We line up and go - this makes it too, too easy for a defense to match their skill players up against ours thus any advantage we could have is wasted.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar
    I saw motion. It was there.

Varsity Bulldog beef is on the way down beef's Avatar
    Hey sportdawg, does your dad think I suck? Because after I mentioned coaching changes at the luncheon he said that what we need is for all of our coaches to stay for a long time. I disagree and figure that he thinks I suck. And even though we disagree I don't think he sucks.
    BUSH CHENEY 2004

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg
    The OC looks good when the recievers catch the ball and Luke throws it to them. He looks bad when we drop passes and don't block.

Conroy is not the one who throws interceptions instead of taking a sack or throwing the ball out of bounds.

We need to stop blaming the coaches for players' mistakes.
    So, in your opinion (or do you know), who has been putting those terrible play selections in the huddle for our DAWGS up until yesterday's game? We really do want to know!

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar
    He thought the question sucked. Not you.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Jack "admitted" to overly tinkering with the offensive play calling during the QB club meeting and said that he has quit it...

I wish he would start tinkering with the substitution pattern of the linebackers -

McConathy makes THREE outstanding plays and then doesn't see the field for two more series...

Play number 44 until his tongue drags the ground...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Little League football. We don't need any parents or kids to get their feelings hurt. Avance should be out there every down also. BTW, where was Nash? I didn't even see him on the sideline. He wasn't reported as being injured. Did I miss him coming into the game?

Big Dog macp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nice macp38's Avatar
    I agree on McConathy and Avance. They were playmakers yesterday.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute
    Hey maddog,

McKay talked to McConathy and Hogue after the game. They said that Nash was hurt. Sorry I missed ya'll. Didn't get to the game until late 2nd quarter. What a game.

+ Reply to Thread