RUSTON - The Louisiana Tech men's basketball team hit the court today at the Thomas Assembly Center from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.for their second scrimmage of the preseason.

The Bulldogs practiced for 45 minutes before conducting three 10-minute periods of live scrimmage.

"This Saturday was better than last Saturday's scrimmage so I'm pleased about that," said Louisiana Tech head coach Keith Richard. "We've corrected some things that we didn't do well last weekend but we've still got a lot of work to do. But overall, I'm encouraged because of the progress from last week's scrimmage."

The experience of the Bulldogs was evident during the session as the six senior players played strongly in the scrimmage.

"We have a senior-laden squad and this is their team. So you should see some experience out there," Richard said. "Without question, we are going to go as they go this season."

Especially noticeable was senior forward Antonio Meeking who returns for his fourth and final season with the Bulldogs.

"I think Antonio is moving better than any time that he has in his career which is nice to see," Richard said.

The Bulldogs have also welcomed four newcomers this season with Corey Dean, Jeremy Johnston, Eric Woods and medical redshirt Joe Sykes all competing for playing time this season.

"The new guys are doing fine. It's been a shock to them with the level of intensity at the college level but they've responded well," Richard said. "As soon as they learn how to play at this level, then they'll be able to help us. Overall, I'm real happy with them."

The Bulldogs open their season in the Preseason NIT on Nov. 19 at Florida on ESPN.