+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have to login every time?

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    I'm having to login every time I come to the site. This apparently happened with the improvements made recently. Before that, it left me logged in. Anything I'm doing wrong? I have checked the login next time too thing where I logged in.

Thanks!

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    The next time you log in, check the box that says "Log me on automatically each time I visit"

That should do it!

If not, let us know and we will check on it.

Puppy Flutedawg is an unknown Flutedawg's Avatar
    The same thing happens to me everytime, even after I click on the little "log me on automatically" box. HELP!!!

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ
    The next time you log in, check the box that says "Log me on automatically each time I visit"

That should do it!

If not, let us know and we will check on it.
    I do click that box - every time - and it just wastes my time. I still have to log in every time.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Do you log in at the bottom of the page? OR do you click on the "login" link at the top of the page and then login on a separate page?

Try them both while we check on the problem.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ
    Do you log in at the bottom of the page? OR do you click on the "login" link at the top of the page and then login on a separate page?

Try them both while we check on the problem.

Thanks.
    I login at the top of the page and it does create a new page. I'll try it the other way and see what happens.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    Since these seem to be isolated problems, I think they are cookie related. Try taking your internet security to the lowest level and log on, making sure the box is checked. After that, close your browser and reopen, coming back to the site to see if you are logged in. If so, then change your security back to the previous level.

Revisit the link in the Announcements on the start page to find out the details.

TDF

That apparently wasn't it. I set it at "low" and it still didn't work.

Puppy Flutedawg is an unknown Flutedawg's Avatar
    I've tried everything you've suggested so far, and nothing has worked. It's not that big a deal, but would be nice. Thanks for your help so far. Hope y'all are able to figure out what's wrong.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of
    Let me chime in that I'm having the same problem -- so it's not completely isolated.

Happens on two different computers too.

After switching domains, everyone will have to login again so that the cookie can reset itself.

And the problem still continues. Guess there are bigger problems in the world, but I was spoiled not doing it for a while then when y'all made the next to last change it quit working. Then, this most recent switchover didn't change it for the better. At least I got my "new" messages back - that would've been a more aggravating permanent "problem".

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    And the problem still continues. Guess there are bigger problems in the world, but I was spoiled not doing it for a while then when y'all made the next to last change it quit working. Then, this most recent switchover didn't change it for the better. At least I got my "new" messages back - that would've been a more aggravating permanent "problem".
    Can you tell me if RIGHT NOW are you having to log in? And are you getting to the message board through a favorites or by going to www.latechbbb.com?

TDF (Chris)

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of
    Mine seems to be working now. I killed all of my cookies. Logged in. Left the page. Came back by entering www.latchbbb.com directly. Then marked the page with a bookmark.

Not sure what the magic part of the formula was.

All of the above! :twisted:

+ Reply to Thread