+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: blue balls

Varsity Bulldog techdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around here
    I was very pleased to NOT see the blue footballs on the grass hill for the Nevada game. Are they intended to just be a TV game thing, or did we wise up and decide that they look silly? Comments...........concerns...........

Champ LouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant future
    I am with you --- kinda look like big easter eggs---didnt like that at all---that money could have been used on our new jumbo tv that we need so we can see how we are getting licked by those officials yesterday

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    This was on the NewStar website this morning:

"Footballs disappear: At Tech's first home game, the hill in the south end zone was adorned with 12 large blue footballs with each commemorating a great moment in Tech football history.'

However, Tech athletics director Jim Oakes decided to mothball the footballs after a less than enthusiastic response from Tech supporters."

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar
    Props to Jim for being proactive and trying to do something to spruce up JA stadium. Bigger props to Jim for listening to the fans and having them removed.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    If the blue balls were gone, what was there?

Big Dog Buddy1972 is an unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    If the blue balls were gone, what was there?
    Nothing, the hills were bare.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    I have seen the hills bare and think that plain ole grass looks nice.

That doesn't mean that something classy couldn't be placed there in the future though.

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light
    EJ,
    Some hedges that spell out TECH and/or DAWGS would be nice, but bare is MUCH better than the Letters or Balls.

Reddawg

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Fans would look nice too.

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar
    I talked to the guys who put the blue balls out and they told me that they put them out on Thursday and on Friday Jim Oakes told them to take them back down.

We paid $35,000 for them I was told and used them once. I think they should be put on the stretch beside the track on Tech drive on game days so we can get some use out of that money.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    35K!! WOW! Are you sure about that? It never surprises me as to what people will do (overcharge) to make a buck, but I find that figure hard to believe. That job could have been done for well under 10k by a local carpenter and painter. Probably for less than 5k. $3500 sounds more realistic. They may have even found a Booster to donate the stuff if they looked around a little.

BTW, it was nice to meet you yesterday.

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar
    when the guy told me I swore he said 35,000. I hope I misheard and it was 3500. ..I really do....

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light
    If we spent 35k on those and it only would cost 50k to replace the band uni's, I am disgusted :evil: I hope that is not true. Even at 3500, with my 1000 pledge (to the campaign that doesn't exist :? ) that would already be 4500 and on our way to true BLUE uniforms for the band.

Reddawg

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    There's no way they paid $35,000 for those balls - they were simple. If we paid anything more than a few thousand I'd be shocked.

Puppy stephch2 has turned a few heads around herestephch2 has turned a few heads around here stephch2's Avatar
    If they really are that "valuable" how about mounting them somewhere on the walls of the stadium. It could be under the stands either side. They would be visible to anyone who might have contributed to their creation. I think hedges or painted designs of the State T and the WAC logo would be appropriate for the empty hills.

+ Reply to Thread