+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LSU Fans

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
    >>>most visiting fans sit in the South End zone, with some in the upper decks. Unfortunately, that's also where a lot of the "working-class" LSU fans sit. They tend to get good and drunk during the day and often get rowdy in the evening. <<<

1967-1972 My memories of the South endzone seats was of half of Pointe Coupe Parish Tuscalousa(Sp?) trend windfall recipiants that thought they had to drink their profits all up Saturday nights at Tiger Stadium. (Some of these were my friends). Later years (1972-1976) I visited the stadium with different people, better seats, but gave up tiger football when, after Tech became (now) 1A for a short time, the then AD said they would not schedule Tech because they only scheduled "quality" programs. From that point, I've boycotted "chigger" games. Now that the AD has scheduled in-state schools, a lot of my animosity has chilled. Actually, after our second consecutive win over 'Bama, I began to think we don't need to play LSU, so what the hay. But, for good ole LA, it is a good deal for these in-state match ups, as long as they can be reasonably competitive.

BTW, glad you enjoyed your weekend. As far as your girl friend there is hope - My wife wasn't much of a football fan our days at Tech (caused me to miss a game our Sr. year), but God bless her, she's a DAWG fan now!!!!

Puppy dhisaw is an unknown
    it was pointed out to me several years ago that many times the fans who are the most irrational and fanatical never ever set foot in a classroom at that particular school -- they are just alum wannabees

Varsity Bulldog Screenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your time
    Tiger Stadium is an incredible place to view college football. i've never seen a fight at LSU games, nor have i ever seen anyone do anything this fan was mentioning (from USC). However, i am sure that it goes on. I have seen similar actions at other stadiums...Ark, Alabama, bowl games...people who love their teams passionately act stupid when intoxicated. As for the stereotype about LSU fans...it is ridiculous. sure, 10 people act like total idiots at the game, but that's like .1% of the crowd and an even smaller part of the actual LSU fan base. I've seen some real jerks at Tech games as well.

I think it is ridiculous for Tech to criticize LSU in anything because frankly, which is the better athletics program? I doubt anyone can argue with that.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute
    And why shouldn't they be?

1. State-legislated "flagship" university...no competition allowed
    2. A member of the $EC, which is a member of the BC$
    3. An annual athletic budget of somewhere in the $30-40 million range

With resources to burn, lsu SHOULD be the top program in the state.

I only wish we had the same opportunities as lsu. I bet we'd do a better job than they've done.

Varsity Bulldog beef is on the way down beef's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3
    And why shouldn't they be?

1. State-legislated "flagship" university...no competition allowed
    2. A member of the $EC, which is a member of the BC$
    3. An annual athletic budget of somewhere in the $30-40 million range

With resources to burn, lsu SHOULD be the top program in the state.

I only wish we had the same opportunities as lsu. I bet we'd do a better job than they've done.
    You are really confident man, betting that TECH would do the better job. Personally, I think if you gave Oakes $40 million he would just give half to Bicknell and the other half to whoever Davi-, err, influental alumni wanted him to.
    BUSH CHENEY 2004

Puppy dhisaw is an unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by Screenname
    Tiger Stadium is an incredible place to view college football. i've never seen a fight at LSU games, nor have i ever seen anyone do anything this fan was mentioning (from USC). However, i am sure that it goes on. I have seen similar actions at other stadiums...Ark, Alabama, bowl games...people who love their teams passionately act stupid when intoxicated. As for the stereotype about LSU fans...it is ridiculous. sure, 10 people act like total idiots at the game, but that's like .1% of the crowd and an even smaller part of the actual LSU fan base. I've seen some real jerks at Tech games as well.

I think it is ridiculous for Tech to criticize LSU in anything because frankly, which is the better athletics program? I doubt anyone can argue with that.
    so that is why Skip Bertman is sending letters to season ticket holders asking them to encourage better fan behavior and even be willing to call the authorities if someone around them is acting out -- re Baton Rouge Morning Advocate Saturday, November 10, 2002!!!! The article said that lswho had received numerous complaints about the behavior of tiger fans especially in the south end zone ...

Varsity Bulldog Screenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your time
    if you read the article correctly, he mentions that it is only a few fans. he's a good AD, he wants it to be a great experience for all 91000, not just for 90090....which is why he sent out the letter.

Puppy BTR Bulldog is an unknown
    Once again, you North Louisiana guys and your hatred for LSU humors me. Tech's program is in absolute disarray. Underfunded and underperforming.

So what should we talk about? How bad LSU (oops, I mean LSWHO... man that never gets old..ha,ha {insert tobacco spit here}) sucks.

I said at the beginning of the year that LSU was one of the 10 ten programs in the South and was nearly scoffed off this board. Teams such as Georgia Tech and Clemson were two of the teams (not to mention the two Texas teams that I don't like to conceed as being "Southern" rather than "Texan") that were listed as better than LSU.

Although LSU should have lost yesterday, you guys are as blindly against LSU as you are for Tech and neither one is healthy.

May the bashing begin.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by BTR Bulldog
    Once again, you North Louisiana guys and your hatred for LSU humors me. Tech's program is in absolute disarray. Underfunded and underperforming.

So what should we talk about? How bad LSU (oops, I mean LSWHO... man that never gets old..ha,ha {insert tobacco spit here}) sucks.

I said at the beginning of the year that LSU was one of the 10 ten programs in the South and was nearly scoffed off this board. Teams such as Georgia Tech and Clemson were two of the teams (not to mention the two Texas teams that I don't like to conceed as being "Southern" rather than "Texan") that were listed as better than LSU.

Although LSU should have lost yesterday, you guys are as blindly against LSU as you are for Tech and neither one is healthy.

May the bashing begin.

You got something against people who chew tobacco???

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    This topic was dead until "screenname" made a post 10 DAYS since the last one.

Let it go... who cares... we have our own problems to worry about...

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BTR Bulldog
    Once again, you freakin moron, you didn't say that LSU was one of the top 10 programs in the South. You said that they were historically one of the top 10 football programs in the South. There is a big difference.

Frankly, I could care less what LSU does or has. More power to them as far as I'm concerned. As EJ said, we have more important things to worry about. We definitely don't need any LSU sycophants over here touting the LSU party line. If you people don't like what is said about LSU over here, then carry your rears elsewhere.

+ Reply to Thread