+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Magazine rankings

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar
    ESPN/Dick Vitale's Basketball Preview
    (only ranked 10)
    1. Connecticut
    2. Tennessee
    3. Georgia
    4. Purdue
    5. Duke
    6. Notre Dame
    7. Rutgers
    8. Texas Tech
    9. Virginia
    10. LSU

Women's Basketball News Service

1. Connecticut
    2. Tennessee
    3. Georgia
    4. Notre Dame
    5. Purdue
    6. Duke
    7. Old Dominion
    8. Texas Tech
    9. Rutgers
    10. LSU
    11. Louisiana Tech
    12. Xavier
    13. Iowa State
    14. Mississippi State
    15. George Washington
    16. Virginia
    17. Vanderbilt
    18. Stanford
    19. Wisconsin
    20. Clemson
    21. Southwest Missouri State
    22. Michigan
    23. UC-Santa Barbara
    24. Arkansas
    25. Penn State

Honorable Mention (alphabetical): UAB, Auburn, Boston College, Colorado, Colorado State, DePaul, Harvard, Illinois, North Carolina State, Oklahoma, St. Joseph's, Southern California, Utah, Virginia Tech

Athlon's
    1. Connecticut
    2. Georgia
    3. Tennessee
    4. Purdue
    5. Duke
    6. Notre Dame
    7. Rutgers
    8. Louisiana Tech
    9. LSU
    10. UC Santa Barbara
    11. Iowa State
    12. Texas Tech
    13. Old Dominion
    14. Oklahoma
    15. North Carolina
    16. Penn State
    17. Vanderbilt
    18. Mississippi State
    19. Stanford
    20. Virginia
    21. Illinois
    22. Wisconsin
    23. Xavier
    24. UAB
    25. Oregon

Athlon's Top 25 Recruiting Classes
    1. Duke
    2. Purdue
    3. Connecticut
    4. Stanford
    5. Tennessee
    6. Auburn
    7. Georgia
    8. Rutgers
    9. Florida
    10. Notre Dame
    11. Kentucky
    12. Texas
    13. Texas Tech
    14. Louisiana Tech
    15. Illinois
    16. USC
    17. LSU
    18. Arkansas
    19. Penn State
    20. UCSB
    21. North Carolina State
    22. Clemson
    23. Virginia
    24. Oregon State
    25. Houston

[/b]

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Those seem different than the ones that I have been seeing. I have seen Texas Tech #3 in most and La. Tech at around #14. UConn is falling around 6 to 8 range. Duke and Tenn. are #1 and #2 interchangeably. That is the very first one that I have seen UConn as #1. They have a great recruiting class, but lost everyone but Diana Taurasi, so they have some proving to do.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of
    If I remember correctly, WBNS is really just one guy one makes picks (Joe Smith I think) -- often a bit quirky. The Vitale choices look like typical "I'll just pick the names I know" info from someone who doesn't follow women's ball.

Most people do have UT/Duke as 1 or 2. I haven't seen Purdue that high among many pollsters (I believe the Big 10 coaches/media picked them second in the conference behind PSU -- and closer to Minnesota at #3)

Athlon is the first group I've seen pick us over LSU.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    I still think those must be older polls. Except for the one that has Duke as #1, they are really off from the other polls.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of
    You're right about Athlon anyway Champ. I saw the mag in Barnes and Noble Friday -- their ratings are different from above -- more in line with others I've been seeing for this year.

Must be an old internet connection rather than current rankings.

The key is for us to BEAT TEXAS TECH this Sunday. If we do that, we will be right back in the top 10. My eyes will be glued to ESPN. I am very eager to see what have this year.

Having Tennessee at home is a BIG advantage this year. If we can just play them close, we stay right at the top.

+ Reply to Thread