+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Luke McCown

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    No one is singing Luke's praises this week after a GREAT game. I find that interesting. He completed 20 of 28 passes for 376 yards and 3 TDs with NO Ints. Great game Luke keep it up.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    with many deep balls.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg
    No one is singing Luke's praises this week after a GREAT game. I find that interesting. He completed 20 of 28 passes for 376 yards and 3 TDs with NO Ints. Great game Luke keep it up.
    Proof that some people just like to b$%*h.

Puppy mtheman is an unknown
    He needs to prove he can do it every week. He is not consistant at all this year.

Varsity Bulldog 007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice 007dawg's Avatar
    Consistency is the key ... if he proves himself through the rest of the season, I'll get back on his bandwagon.

kirk

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    I understand about consistency, it's just everyone is QUICK to jump on him for a bad game or not great game and we lose. I'm really anxious to see how we handle SJSU after a week off. I really don't think they will beat us but I said the same thing about smu-NO WAY we lose to 0-7. The good news is we didn't look like the same team Sat. on offense and we would have played better D if not for 9 penalties (mostly bogus) that allowed drives to keep going.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg
    Agreed. Nice game. Let's make it a streak at SJSU!

Puppy lalatech is an unknown
    The QB position is like that. Praise and glory when one wins. Blame and yipping when one loses. Just like the head coach, the QB is (fairly or unfairly) the goat or hero depending on the outcome. That is what leaders do. They get the glory or the blame.

I was impressed with most of Luke's game this past weekend, but I was more impressed with the mix of plays and the running of Joe. When you complete 20 of 28 it means that the line is giving you time, the defense is respecting the run, the QB is making the right reads and the recievers are running the right routes and holding onto the ball. If this team can continue to run that type of offense and if the defense can stiffen up we should be able to win at least 2 (maybe 3) of the final 4. Good game TEAM. Not just Luke. TEAM. And I'll bet Luke would echo that sentiment. Because that is what a leader does.

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar
    Good read on the action, lalaT. It takes all cylinders hitting at the right time to make the engine run smoothly! It happened this week! Luke usually takes all the hits for all the problems, even though most of them are not all his fault. But, that's show business, and Luke knows how to handle it!

TD
    ~~

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    I for one will! Luke McCown played a great game! Hopefully he'll keep it up!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TulsaDawg
    [quote:4ba1c12cf4="Gooddawg"]No one is singing Luke's praises this week after a GREAT game. I find that interesting. He completed 20 of 28 passes for 376 yards and 3 TDs with NO Ints. Great game Luke keep it up.
    Proof that some people just like to b$%*h.[/quote:4ba1c12cf4]

No, it's proof that some people fail to read all the threads. There has been plenty of praises of Luke for this past weekend.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar
    Like I said SOME people just like to b@#$h.

I'm not dogging people for not calling Luke the best QB ever after one good game against Nevada. But in fairnes to Luke, if he had a bad game EVERYONE would have been calling him out and dogging him, calling for JB to play Max, etc. Not many are congratulating him on a good game and I think he deserves it. I just saw D80s post under obervations and I managed to miss that thread somehow but those are few and far between.

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice
    Luke is a very good QB. He is not the problem.

He consistantly gets put in bad possitions by our coaches and dropped passes.

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg80
    [quote:08cdab95f4="TulsaDawg"][quote:08cdab95f4="Gooddawg"]No one is singing Luke's praises this week after a GREAT game. I find that interesting. He completed 20 of 28 passes for 376 yards and 3 TDs with NO Ints. Great game Luke keep it up.
    Proof that some people just like to b$%*h.[/quote:08cdab95f4]

No, it's proof that some people fail to read all the threads. There has been plenty of praises of Luke for this past weekend.[/quote:08cdab95f4]

Good point Dawg80. But I've noticed that where a single topic used to stay pretty much within the same thread on the old Delphi board, that's not happening here. The sheer number of threads has exploded and many of them are essentially duplicates of others, just with a different title. I guess it's just that this format, while ofering some advantages, doesn't promote keeping like stuff together, because of not having the thread title list always displayed to the side.

I think that's why some folks don't read all the threads.

+ Reply to Thread