+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Orleans and area Dawgs...

Varsity Bulldog GODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her game GODAWGSGO's Avatar
    I am sure it is sold out, but no one here is talking about it.

PJ Brown vs the Mailman tonight in the first NBA regular season game in Louisiana in 23 years. Sure would be nice to have a lot of support for those two at the Arena.

GO DAWGS

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    I'd love to be there it's just to far from my corner of Arkansas to go to New Orleans for a basketball game. My son, wife and I went to Memphis last year and saw the Jazz play the Grizzlies at the Pyramid. It was a pretty good time even thought the Jazz lost badly that night. We're planning on going back this year. I figure this will be our last season to see Malone and Stockton playing.

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    How ironic that the first NBA game in over two decades in New Orleans comes against the Jazz? It's also good that two guys with deep Louisiana roots are participating in the game.

Are you sure the game is sold out? I'm watching on Cox right now and, although the crowd looks good, I do see some empty seats. I sure hope we support this team. This is a chance for New Orleans to become a big time sports city.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar
    I doubt that it is ironic. It was planned that way.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar
    Pretty cool that two Tech alum scored the first two baskets in the return of the NBA to Louisiana.

Big Dog SpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the rough SpaceDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstorm
    Are you sure the game is sold out? I'm watching on Cox right now and, although the crowd looks good, I do see some empty seats. I sure hope we support this team. This is a chance for New Orleans to become a big time sports city.
    I just got back from the game. The announced attendence was around 17,600 (over 500 more :huh2: than capacity). Not every seat was filled as you saw, but I think every seat was sold.

The Mailman did get a nice hand when he was introduced before the game. Unfortunately for Karl and the Jazz, they couldn't hit anything in the 4th quarter.

I felt really good about about being a Tech alum when I heard the words "...from Louisiana Tech" mentioned twice during the starting lineup introductions.

They have done a very remarkable job getting the place ready for the NBA. Thumbs way up to the concessions (boneless buffalo wings--wow). The view from my seat was very good for a $10 seat. The upper decks are sloped like the terrace level in the Superdome so be prepared for that.

I'm going back for the Heat game on Saturday with some people from my church and for the Lakers game in January. I hope New Orleans will be able to support both the Saints and Hornets. Only time will tell.

SD

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    You definitely need to go see the Mavericks when they come to town if you want to see some exciting basketball. My wife got us a mini-season ticket pass a couple of years ago when they were just starting to be good and it was great. The NBA is really good in person even the regular season games. On tv they're ok but to be there is awesome.

+ Reply to Thread