View Poll Results: Do you think Nevada is rightfully upset?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 93.33%
  • No

1 6.67%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nevada, 2005 WAC tournament (basketball) and gaming ...

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    The Western Athletic Conference’s Board of Directors voted Friday to hold off on choosing a site for the 2005 men’s and women’s basketball tournaments, and Nevada President John Lilley and Athletic Director Chris Ault are none too happy as to the reasoning behind it.

“I’m disappointed,” Lilley said. “The clear issue is gaming. One member raised that. He thought we should have a full discussion in June.”

“I’m disgusted,” Ault said. “The council (of athletic directors and senior administrators), which met in Denver about two weeks ago … it was passed with every school but one voting for us to have the tournament in 2005. I’m extremely, extremely disappointed in this.”

OK, is it us? If so, WHY???? ...

Nevada is a cheap place to fly to. That is GREAT for fans. If we are holding things up then I think we , the fans, should make it known to the administration that this is NOT the way we treat our fellow conference mates. Nevada is in the WAC. They have every right to bid and receive the tournament as any other school. If we didn't like gaming, we shouldn't have joined the Big West OR the WAC. The Big West bowl was in Vegas for crying out loud.

Also, the University didn't make the laws in Nevada. Why should they be punished for the fact that they exist?

Does anyone here agree with the lone dissenting school?

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar
    I seriously hope that it is not us for two reasons:

1. We are the new kids on the block and have no business poo-pooing other schools' bids who have been in the conference longer than us. Besides which, we haven't even paid our entry fee. I think it's only decent to hold off veto power until that is taken care of

2. We might would like to submit a bid to host the tourney one day ourselves. If we did, it would probably be likely that we would submit Shreveport as the host city. Hypocrasy would then rear its ugly head and we would be vetoed for the same reason as now.

Seriously, I doubt it's us. I think I've heard Tulsa's president being mentioned a couple of times. Plus, I think Tulsa wound up with the tourney after the protest was filed.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    If it is us and we decided to bid - more than likely we would do it in conjunction with the Century-Tel Center and as everyone knows -

Shreveport/Bossier is the top gaming spot in LA -

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    I can't imagine we'd vote against the tournament in Nevada. I would be more likely to agree that it was Tulsa. Surely we're enough forward looking to realize we'd be shooting ourself in the foot if we tried to host a future tournament.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    This is ridiculous. No wonder this board has a bad name with the Tech administration. We don't even know who the dissenting vote was and we're already complaining about our people holding up the process. Geez.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar
    I would bet that Hawaii was the nay vote. I'm sure they'd rather have the tourney on the island. Plus they'd rather be in the MWC so they don't care what the other schools think of them.

Varsity Bulldog VegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the ears
    The WAC should bring the tournament back to Las Vegas. The MWC is leaving Las Vegas for Denver after this year. The reason for leavin, the Utah schools hated Las Vegas having home court advantage. When this was mentioned last year on the local news the WAC was the first conference mentioned to replace the MWC.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    Vegas would be a great place to have the WAC tournament. We go there once a year anyway and I'd just as soon go at the same time the WAC tournament is.

+ Reply to Thread