+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Tech football experience

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    I meant to post this earlier, but it's been an awful busy week for me. College waits for no man and all that stuff. Anyway, I was just posting to tell you all I had a pretty good time, despite the weather and all that. So here's what happened.

-I left LSU on Friday afternoon heading first to home in the big town of Hodge, Louisiana. I got in really late, the weather was bad all the way up. It was 8PM when I got home, and my family had already left to go see my little brother's football game at Cedar Creek. Wouldn't you know it, the one game i choose to miss, he got to play! Oh well!

-I got up early on Saturday morning to run a few errands, then watch the LSU/Auburn game on TV. Well, we were pretty much getting kicked around, so at about 12:30 I decided to leave for Ruston and listen on the radio. Things didn't sound much better on the radio, so I turned it off when I got to Tech. It was raining, and halfway to Ruston I realized I had forgotten my seat cushions. Crap!

-I met my girlfriend and a bunch of her friends at her dormitory, wished her a happy birthday and gave her the presents, then we got in her car and headed to the stadium. We parked by her sorority house, and after she took care of a few business items, we walked over to JAS. I was glad it had stopped raining by then.

-I bought my ticket, and we made our way to our seats just as the Bulldogs were running out onto the field. We took our seats at around the 30 yard line toward the North end zone, in between the student section and the band. It was very noisy and raucous!

-The attendance said 15,315. I think that was about right.

-I thought I was going to get wet, but a good Samaritan gave us a garbage bag to sit on. Everyone I talked to was nice, despite the fact that I was wearing an LSU cap.

-The game started off slow, but got fast paced really quick. I've read complaints on this board about the offense, but to be honest, I didn't see any of it. Tech did throw deep a couple of times. The receivers looked to be pretty good, and ran good routes. I was very impressed with Ahmad Harris, he caught some good balls. Luke McCown only turned the ball over once (a fumble) and played a solid game overall. The defense didn't stop Nevada that much that I saw, but looked good at times. I was very impressed with Booker Washington and Quincy Myles, but the defensive line is still too small and porous against the run. That needs to be a major area of concern for recruiting time. I thought the Tech coaches called the right plays and did the best they could. I notice no negative comments about the coach this week. All is forgiven in the wake of a victory is the drift I catch on here now.

-The officiating was terrible. Several times I saw pass interference calls against Tech that were questionable. Similar behavior by Nevada was not called. It was obvious to anyone.

-When they announced the LSU/Auburn final score, most people acted very surprised, but I KNOW I heard a few cheers. What's up with that?!

-As always, it doesn't matter who's playing, I always end up watching the game with interest, while she chit-chats with friends. My girlfriend's not a big football fan. I'm trying to work on her, but she's not working with me! I hope she'll at least tolerate my football mania by the time we are married.

-I enjoyed the atmosphere, the band, the game, the whole setting. Tech has a very pretty stadium and campus, and I enjoy seeing it.

-I was glad the blue balls were removed, but my girlfriend was upset they didn't put the Greek letters back up. From the tone of all the Greeks I spoke to this week, it is obvious they are not going to let this go. Hopefully, they and the athletic department can work out a compromise. And in a few years, who knows, maybe JAS can be made a bowl.

-My girlfriend had been nursing a cold most of the week. Right after the long pass to start off the third quarter, she decides she wants to leave! I tell her she might miss a good game, and she says she doesn't feel well and if we go back to the dorm, I can listen to the game on the radio. Well, it's her weekend, not mine, so I said okay. That's what we did.

-She took a nap, got up later, and we went out to eat to celebrate her birthday. Sunday, I went back to school. So that was my weekend. I had a good time, and I look forward to going to more Tech games in the future and, of course, November 1st, 2003 in Tiger Stadium! We wouldn't miss it! Her whole family and my whole family are thinking about going and making a huge deal out of it. Can you imagine that? A half-LSU, half-Tech family tailgate? Everybody come down and have a good time!

GEAUX TIGERS!! GO DAWGS!!

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    You're welcome anytime Jet. Glad you had a good time. How long have you been at LSU?

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    Since fall of 2000. I'm now officially a junior, and hopefully, I'll be a senior this May. Graduation time can't get here soon enough. I'm tired of all this schoolwork!! If this keeps up, they're fixing to wheel me down to Our Lady of the Lake in a straightjacket looking like this :haha:

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light
    Jet, you said you're from Hodge, La. Did you grow up there, or just go to high school there? I grew up in in J/H until 8th grade when we moved to West Monroe.

Varsity Bulldog 007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice 007dawg's Avatar
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ... you are one of the ones in the LSU hats at the games.

I'll keep my mouth shut! Glad to have you at the game!

kirk

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    I bet you can get an LSU cap at a bargain price these days.

WAR EAGLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by splicer
    Jet, you said you're from Hodge, La. Did you grow up there, or just go to high school there? I grew up in in J/H until 8th grade when we moved to West Monroe.
    I grew up in Hodge, Louisiana, having lived there since I was a very little boy. Both my parents went to JHHS, our roots are deep in Jackson Parish. I went to Cedar Creek for junior high and high school, however, as did my little brother. My parents got fed up with Jackson Parish public schools a long while back. We are still upset they closed old Hodge Elementary. I loved that place. My girlfriend is a junior at Tech, and I have a lot of old friends there. I keep in touch as much as I can and return home often.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    I bet you can get an LSU cap at a bargain price these days.

WAR EAGLE!!!!
    I'm not jumping ship after one conference loss, even if it was a blowout to Auburn. I'll admit it was ugly though.

Yes I was wearing an LSU hat, but I also wore a RED shirt to show unity with Louisiana Tech. Sorry fellas, I don't own any BLUE shirts and couldn't buy one there because I was saving money for a night out with my girl. It was her birthday. I'll ask her to get me a blue Tech shirt for Christmas however. Or a hat, maybe.

+ Reply to Thread