+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Northwestern State Flatters Us

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    Anyone watching the NSU - Sam Houston game on FSN tonight? The Demons really look good, with a well balanced offense. Not surprising that they're #3 in 1-AA.

As for the "flattery", well you know they say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Look at the Demon's helmets and the field logo. It's a big outline of the state with a big "N" superimposed. Now isn't that clever???? Why didn't we think of something like that, say with a big red "T"????

On another note, in spite of FSN's diligent effort to keep the cameras off the stadium as a whole, on the few shots they show, it looks like it's way under 50% full.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar
    That RB named Sampson that plays for NSU was supposed to be a Tech player until Reneau changed all of that at the last minute.

I didn't watch the game last night, but I have seen him play previously. I think we lost a pretty good player. Thanks Dan!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Someone who seemed to be in a position to know said that Sampson didn't have either the grades or the test scores to enroll at Tech, much less be eligible!
    Was that the real story?

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    NSU did look good. Since both my mom and dad are NSU alumni, I am obliged to have Northwestern as my favorite team in Division 1-AA. FORK 'EM DEMONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As for the logo, you will remember that Northwestern has had the flaming "N" with the pitchfork running through it as their logo for a long time. The state was added as background to prevent confusion as to where Northwestern St. comes from. Watching NSU play on TV in the D1-AA playoffs over the years, I have heard announcers misidentify what state they are from, or call them "Northwest Louisiana" or "Northwest La. St." or something like that. They've actually thought about changing the name, maybe to "University of North Louisiana." Don't know if they will ever do that though.

Maybe they did get the idea from Tech. I don't know. You will have to ask them.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    I bellieve the N and state logo has been in use 3 years or more now.
    I first noticed it one or two years ago when it came to the sports desk on a proof page and the guy laying out sports pages asked me about it, knowing I was from Tech. I swore it was wrong until I check the Demons' Web site and found it there.
    Obviously, they got the idea from Tech.
    Equally obviously, it doesn't look as good as Tech's logo.
    However, I don't mind it much now. At least they are a credit to the state this season!
    They do have nice band activities down in Natchitoches.

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    Not knocking Tech's logo, it's a classic. But NSU's logo is great too. I'm a little biased though. Purple is my FAVORITE color! And my ties to Northwestern are pretty deep too.

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    The Demons did look great last night, and a credit to the state.

I did notice today that the official attendance was just over 7,000. That's not good, considering the level of football they're playing and being on national TV.

We should take this as a wakeup call for our TV date with Fresno State. In spite of the best efforts of the TV crew to minimise the empty stands, it was very apparent that there was not much support for a very good (#3 in the nation in 1AA) home football team on a beautiful fall night with no other obvious competition.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    I have finally gotten to the point that I can pull for NSU but it took many years for me to get to that point. Going to high school in Natchitoches and putting up with all the crap from friends when I went to Tech left me disliking NSU quite alot. Now that they don't compete with us, I can pull for them and my mom and dad do still live in Natchitoches but they are both Tech alums.

I'm the same way.

Guess I had to get to be a very old codger before I could get over my long held attitude toward them. But I wish them well now.

We had a lot of great games against them over the years and I guess deep down we did have some respect for them, for even though we usually won, we knew that it would never be an easy outing and we could get our heads handed to us!!

Not sure I'd like to play them this year!!!

Go Demons!!!! All the way to the NC!!!!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pup60
    The Demons did look great last night, and a credit to the state.

I did notice today that the official attendance was just over 7,000. That's not good, considering the level of football they're playing and being on national TV.

We should take this as a wakeup call for our TV date with Fresno State. In spite of the best efforts of the TV crew to minimise the empty stands, it was very apparent that there was not much support for a very good (#3 in the nation in 1AA) home football team on a beautiful fall night with no other obvious competition.
    I suspect several thousand missed due to trick or treating.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstorm
    They've actually thought about changing the name, maybe to "University of North Louisiana." Don't know if they will ever do that though.

Maybe they did get the idea from Tech. I don't know. You will have to ask them.
    Several years ago NSU convened a committee to address the issue of changing the name to UL-Natchitoches. Alumni were surveyed, etc... the over-whelming majority voted NO to the name change.

Haven't heard anything about the U of North La name before, but that won't fly anyway.

As for NSU copying Tech, I'd say YES, although they would never admit that.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    Good for NSU. The univerity of north louisiana would sound ridiculous. I have yet to understand why northeast and southwestern wanted to lose their identity and become ull and ulm.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ARKDAWG02
    Good for NSU. The univerity of north louisiana would sound ridiculous. I have yet to understand why northeast and southwestern wanted to lose their identity and become ull and ulm.
    Actually, changing to the U of North Louisiana would be a POSITIVE thing for NSU! What I meant by "won't fly" is that Tech, Grambling and ulm would never allow it.

Puppy DemonBand is just really niceDemonBand is just really niceDemonBand is just really niceDemonBand is just really niceDemonBand is just really niceDemonBand is just really niceDemonBand is just really niceDemonBand is just really niceDemonBand is just really niceDemonBand is just really nice
    "They do have nice band activities down in Natchitoches."

Thanks a bunch. Its always nice to have our band recognized for being oustanding. Being a member myself. I know that NSU is doing a great job of making sure LSU isn't the only school in the state with a great music school.

As for the Logo, I think it has been in use for about 4 or 5 yrs. And I believe it was added to give our school a regional distinction outside of Louisiana. Don't forget that ULM is the school that is TECHs shadow. I hear pretty soon they are gonna change their colors to Blue and Red.

Fork'Em Demons.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
    Nice try Demon, but the only blue at ouhlum are the faces(or mood), and the only red would be the ink.

+ Reply to Thread