+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "New" flag disappearing

Varsity Bulldog TDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the rough TDAWG's Avatar
    The blue flag that indicates that I have not read a thread is disappearing after I go to the board for the first time. I do see all of the threads with the new flag when I first get into the board but after that, they are all gone. Any ideas?

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TDAWG
    The blue flag that indicates that I have not read a thread is disappearing after I go to the board for the first time. I do see all of the threads with the new flag when I first get into the board but after that, they are all gone. Any ideas?
    It's probably cookie related. Try logging off the site, close your browser, then log back in to see if it works. If not, and this is a little more advanced, do the following:

Pre: Close your browser
    1. Start -> Find -> Files or Folders
    2. Named: *latech*
    3. Look in: c:\windows
    4. Include subfolders
    5. Locate the cookie file in the c:\windows\cookies folder and delete it.
    6. Open your browser and come back to the site.
    7. Log in as before

Should work now. Let us know if it doesn't.

TDF (Chris)

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar
    I have also had the problem of loosing the "new" flag. Will try the cookie fix and see what happens.

My question refers to the drop down windows at the bottom of a page of messages that lets you list 'newest messages first' and how long to retain them in the list (ie, 1 day, 7 days, etc). However, is doesn't stay selected. Always reverts back to the default which is oldest message first, and I guess forever. Is there something wrong with my settings, or is that feature not available? thanks for all your work, We really appreciate it!

Ross
    ~~~~

+ Reply to Thread