View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the Ruston Restaurant Referendum

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave things just as they are, beer sales only (Pass props. #1 and #2).

1 2.56%
  • Maintain status quo plus allow restaurants only to serve wine and mixed drinks (Pass props. #1, #2 and #5).

18 46.15%
  • Allow full alcohol sales by restaurants, bars and package stores in Ruston (Pass all 5 propositions).

19 48.72%
  • Vote out all alcohol sales, including beer sales, within the Ruston City Limit (Defeat all 5 propositions).

1 2.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruston Restaurant Referendum - you decide.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ
    If none of these pass, the students and residents will STILL go to Rabb's on the service road two miles past Temple BC and drink or buy anything they want. Rabb's is not located in the City of Ruston but rather in the City of Grambling.

Or, worst yet, they get on I-20 and DRIVE to 30 miles to Monroe/West Monroe or 60 miles to Shreveport/Bossier and drink there.

If none of these pass, it actually creates a more dangerous situation than if they all pass.

Currently Ruston restaurants and stores can only serve and sell beer. The only thing I really want added is the ability to sell alcohol at RESTAURANTS so that Ruston can have some additional dining choices.

There are a few good places scattered around Ruston and downtown, but other than that all Ruston has is fast food places. That is the reason for the referendum, not because people want to have package stores on every corner!
    I want to clarify my point. If all of these fail and alcohol sales, including currently legal beer sales, are banned in the City of Ruston, that will not remove the availability of alcohol.

You can go west down the service road in front of Temple Baptist Church 2 miles (OUTSIDE OF RUSTON) and buy/drink anything you want and stay out until 2:00 AM doing it.

The defeat of these propositions would only remove a tax base from the City of Ruston, not alcohol.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by techdrummer
    I think we should leave things the way they are.

If we are thinking that passing #5 will make things soo much better, then why could Cucos not make it.
    Because of PISS POOR service....

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    [quote:052c192509="techdrummer"]I think we should leave things the way they are.

If we are thinking that passing #5 will make things soo much better, then why could Cucos not make it.
    Because of PISS POOR service....[/quote:052c192509]

And their food was horrible.

Varsity Bulldog techdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around here
    techdrummer wrote:
    I think we should leave things the way they are.

oops now I do remember about the chain. And I didn't know that about the utilities and stuff, no matter what your position, go out and vote today. Peace

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    As I understand it the owner of the original mexican restaurant on the site, Nicky's, has repurchased the property and is the one that opened Cactus Jack's. Nicky's was always a great success in Ruston. They did two or three expansions because of the popularity. Cucos, as a chain, really didn't compare, and when you added poor service to the equation they didn't do well. I think Cactus Jack's will probably do very well.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar
    So how soon will we know what passed? Someone please keep all of us who don't live in Ruston informed!!

Puppy smilingdawg is an unknown
    THEY HAVE PASSED!!! Ref. 1,2, and 5 all passed tonight...this allows current sales to continue and also allows restaurants to serve liquor.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    FINALLY! YES YES YES

More of my friends from Texas will be coming to future games with me now.

To Ruston:

BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by smilingdawg
    THEY HAVE PASSED!!! Ref. 1,2, and 5 all passed tonight...this allows current sales to continue and also allows restaurants to serve liquor.
    But the question remains -

Will they stay open past 9:00 pm on week nites and serve food?

However will outside of Monjuni's (thank God for them these past few years during basketball season) will get my business...

Varsity Bulldog GODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her game GODAWGSGO's Avatar
    HOLY COW!!

The next thing ya know you will have to pay to park at a football game..... What in the world is Ruston coming to???

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    I did not see this coming. Maybe Ruston will get some quality chains to set up shop, no doubt they'll be successful and a movie theater to keep people from driving to Funroe.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    After priorly living in Ruston for 10 years, I FULLY expected this to pass.

Had this been passed 10 years ago, Ruston would have many more dining choices...

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    I agree Ruston might look a little more like WM now had it passed 10 years ago, but I wasn't sure it would pass. I hope those restaurants that were suppossedly lining up got phone calls this morning begging them to build. I lived there for about 10 years as well. As soon as they build I'm sure they'll be getting a call from Ronny and of course they'll be giving up some $$$$$ for Tech-that's good news.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar
    Thanks Ruston!

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar
    Ain't it GREAT!! However it will not be in effect for any Ruston football games this year. What we understand is that after the City Council approves it at the next meeting - it will more than likely have a legal date of Jan 1 2003....BUT IT WILL BE GOING GREAT FOR THE DUNKIN DAWGS GAMES...

+ Reply to Thread