+ Reply to Thread

Thread: exhibition game wednesday

Varsity Bulldog GODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her game GODAWGSGO's Avatar
    IS TONIGHT'S EXHIBITION GAME ON THE RADIO OR INTERNET????

GO DAWGS!!

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    Sounds like Tiger had a GREAT game along with Felton and Wilder. Who went? The article said Dean played will in spurts? Not sure what that means 13 points in 16 mins. is pretty good. Zach had a great game as well 13 & 13. Not much said about Sykes, but Powell did well. Someone who went fill us in.

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar
    - Meeking will be huge this year. He came out aggressive and scored 8 of our first 10 points.

- Felton continued his play from the end of last season and hit several outside shots. He also made several nice moves with the basketball, leaving defenders in the dust. He also threw down a one handed alley-oop that was set up perfectly off a back screen.

-Wilder will be All-WAC. When he gets hot there's no stopping him.

-Dean did play well in spurts. The rust showed from not playing orgazined ball for two years, especially early in the game. He did have a flurry where he scored 8 points in about a minute and a half. I expect him to become more comfortable as the season goes on and add a scoring threat off the bench.

-Powell is much improved and will be a key contributor off the bench.

-Sykes didn't show too much. The rust was evident with him as well.

Overall, the Bulldogs shot 56.4 percent from the field and 47.1 percent from three-point range while holding Spirit Express to 40.0 percent from the floor and 35.3 percent behind the arc.
    If we shoot over 40% from the 3pt line this season...this team will make a deep NCAA run.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear-
    Anywhere a brother can look at a box score?

Varsity Bulldog dawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of light
    I agree with your observations. Here's a little embellishment-

Sykes - disappointed but maybe some playing time will help, at times he was lost out there.

Dean - probably be our 8th man, very athletic and can become a
    real slash and burn threat but his "D" is weak.

Powell - greatly improved, just needs time on the floor.

Brown - not a great game statistically but hustled his butt off as expected. I love his heart and effort. Not intimidated by anybody.

Tiger - could have a great senior season, plays hard on both ends and does not "disappear" anymore, a FORCE on the court.

Wilder - great outside the arc shooter last night, seemed to have gained in confidence, athletic enough to go inside or beat opponent down the floor on a break.

Felton - nice to have an athletic 6'5" point guard who can also score and rebound, seemed more comfortable out there even for the first game, his play will be major for us this year.

Zach - worked hard on the boards, starting him and tiger and brown will make it hard to rebound against us, he will never be "smooth" but will work hard, probably have some foul trouble as expected but this is where Powell can help, most of Zach's points will be "put backs" and from the line, if teams start doubling on Tiger then Zach could have a good night.

REBOUNDING - The strongest part of our game IMHO. If Florida can't rebound with us (and I don't think they can) it could make for a very interesting first game. You can't have a great transition game if you don't rebound well (kind of hard to run without the ball).

Big Dog localdawg is an unknown
    I have to say, the player that I was really impressed to see with was Levell Felton. He played confidence and will be a huge plus this season if he can play like that all season. Thinking back to last year, I remember seeing Felton look lost and Richard chewing on him bigtime. Last night however, I watched him and you could see it in his eyes. He could be one of if not the top PG in the WAC this season.

Also, Wilder really impressed me. He hit 3-4 tre's in a row at the beginning on the game. I had worries about him being a smaller 2 guard, but I think his quickness will be a big plus for us this season.

Tiger... What can you say??? WAC POY???

Dean, Edwards, and Powell...The Future!!! and it could be a bright one at that

+ Reply to Thread