+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please post exhibition-game score here!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    I found that the Techster schedule had been quickly updated with the score. Anyone got the score for Bulldogs yet?
    Thanks, AJS

Let the run to NCAA Tournament begin!

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar
    Bulldogs Defeat Spirit Express 104-74
    Posted Nov 6, 2002 22:38:59

Louisiana Tech used a balanced scoring attack and a strong rebounding advantage to defeat Spirit Express 104-74 in an exhibition game Wednesday night at the Thomas Assembly Center.

The Bulldogs had five players in double-digits with senior forward Antonio Meeking leading the way with 23 points and nine rebounds.

"I'm encouraged by tonight's game," said Louisiana Tech head coach Keith Richard. "I think you could tell out there when we had our veteran players on the court. I thought we shared the ball well tonight, especially with us having so many seniors. It shows that they want to share the ball around."

Senior guard Michael Wilder was 3-of-5 from three-point range scoring a total 17 points while senior guard Lavelle Felton added 12 points, seven rebounds and a team-high seven assists.

Louisiana Tech also pounded the glass, outrebounding Spirit Express 53-26. Senior forward Zach Johnson led the team with 13 rebounds and notched a double-double by adding 13 points.

The Bulldogs played a variety of lineups in the contest, utilizing many of the less experienced players on the team.

"We played a lot of guys out there and it got a little raggety defensively in the second half," Richard said. "Some of the newer guys don't quite have there feet on the ground defensively and we gave up too many layups and easy buckets in the second half. But overall, it was a very good start."

Sophomore guard Corey Dean played well in spurts, scoring 13 points in 16 minutes of action while sophomore forward Wayne Powell added eight points and six rebounds in 17 minutes of work.

Overall, the Bulldogs shot 56.4 percent from the field and 47.1 percent from three-point range while holding Spirit Express to 40.0 percent from the floor and 35.3 percent behind the arc.

"I think we are pretty far along for having practiced for three weeks," Richard said. "But we have two more weeks before we open the season and we are going to have to keep progressing well."

The Bulldogs will play one more exhibition game on Nov. 12 at 7 p.m. against VASDA before opening the regular season at Florida on Nov. 19.

+ Reply to Thread