+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welcome Coach Hearn - pinch yourself, we don't deserve him

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    It was good to see you again, and we are looking forward to the tennis season this year. Do you know when the first home match is this year?

I think Greg told me your daughter only started playing when she was 15 or 16. If that is correct, that is absolutely awesome. I look forward to seeing her compete this year.

Big Dog dawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her game dawg78's Avatar
    SD, I believe they open in Baton Rouge with LSU on January 25th. Actually my daughter played Softball and Soccer most of her high school career, she never picked up a racquet until she was a senior in high school. The tennis coach (also the soccer coach) ask her in the Fall to come out so Mo started taking lessons and tried to get as much match play in as she could. She actual picked it up pretty good and was able to play #2 singles for the most of the season. Coach Hutton Jones with Abilene Christian came and watched her in a club tournament, offered a partial scholarship and said he would redshirt her as a freshman. Sometime in May Morgan contacted Coach Brooks and set up a meeting. I drove her to Ruston and Coach Brooks watched her play and also offered a partial but said that Mo would have to play, she couldn't redshirt her as they were short on girls. Although Mo was thrilled...this is were her heart was, she got beat up pretty good. I had carried her to Tech all her life and this was her dream. Honestly it thrilled me as well for my heart too lies at Tech. She has got so far to go but honestly has come a long way. She made it to the finals in at the Collin County Tourney and really played well at Layfayette. I can't tell you the difference Coach Hearn has made in her mental as well as physical game in just the short time he has had to work with her. You were right on when you said "pinch yourself" for he is truly a Godsend. As I explained to Greg on Friday, these girls will give him all they've got because they truly want to be here...they love the school, they didn't come because of the facilities, if you know what I mean. Last year Saharia sp? wanted to transfer to Troy State, but now she wouldn't leave for anything. In just a short time Greg has earned their respect and won their hearts. Make sure you join the Booster Club that Greg has established for the Tennis Team, it would be most appreciated. Thanks for your comments. We need to keep this young man.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    Great story about Morgan.

The booster club is vital. We need to get the information out on this board about it. Tennis is definitely a sport that if everyone would just give a little, it would make a huge difference in the program.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg

The booster club is vital. We need to get the information out on this board about it. Tennis is definitely a sport that if everyone would just give a little, it would make a huge difference in the program.
    I agree. But, the sad thing is: THAT IS NOT OUR JOB.

Big Dog dawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her game dawg78's Avatar
    SD, I feel reasonibly sure that you'll be seeing Greg soon so ask him about it. He has some great ideas about raising money and you are absolutely correct...a little will do a lot. Greg already has several Boosters signed up now, mostly people he knew in Lafayette and Baton Rouge. There are several ways to get the word out and we've already started. Any help would certainly be appreciated. If EJ says no to using the board then I'll certainly honor his request but I would assume that EJ wouldn't object to e-mails...would you EJ?

I don't think EJ is objecting to our use of this board to promote tennis at Tech. I think he is commenting on our concern that the administation at Tech, who is paid by our support of the school and by tax dollars won't do their job. Assuming that is what he means, he is correct. It is a shame. However, Greg seems undaunted and up to the task to get this done without the full support of the administration. You have to admire this.

I've tried to encourage Greg to introduce himself to this board, but he has been extremely busy getting the program in the position he wants it. Hopefully, we will hear from him soon.

I understand, sometimes I feel as though I'm walking on.......SHOOT, I got that blasted egg shell between my toes again! :lol:

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    I don't think that EJ meant you couldn't use the board to do it - I'm sure that's not what he meant because we talked about tennis this morning...

We would be happy to help in ANY way possible - just email us the information...

I think he meant to say, is that the TENNIS program or any other TECH program shouldn't have to depend on a fan website to get the word out about their programs and activities - hence

"The sad thing is, its not our job..."

But we will gladly do it, because no one else will...

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg

Quote Originally Posted by EJ
    I agree. But, the sad thing is: THAT IS NOT OUR JOB.
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg78
    SD, I feel reasonibly sure that you'll be seeing Greg soon so ask him about it. He has some great ideas about raising money and you are absolutely correct...a little will do a lot. Greg already has several Boosters signed up now, mostly people he knew in Lafayette and Baton Rouge. There are several ways to get the word out and we've already started. Any help would certainly be appreciated. If EJ says no to using the board then I'll certainly honor his request but I would assume that EJ wouldn't object to e-mails...would you EJ?
    Wait. You misunderstood. As Dwayne and SoonerDawg said, I merely meant it is a shame that they have to come to BB&B and ask for money. I feel that it is Tech's administration's role to RAISE adequate funds for the athletic programs.

WE WILL GLADLY HELP IN ANY WAY WE CAN!

Sorry for the misunderstanding! ops:

No need to apologize...I was apparently the only one who didn't understand ops:

+ Reply to Thread