+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's with the governor?

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    I talked to my mom this morning and she said that the governor has said he isn't going to support Landrieu or Terrell in the runoff. I was aggravated at the way the Republican Senatorial Campaign chose to give money only to Terrell, but there's no way I want to send Landrieu and a Democratic senator back to DC. His support of the Stelly Plan certainly didn't line up too well with Republican views. Is he planning to change parties again?

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar
    Mike Foster plays the role of lame duck very well.

I don't really know of one significant thing he has done since he got his second term.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    Foster is not a Republican, he is a demagogue. Foster cares about no one but himself, which seems to be a tradition of populist Louisiana govenors.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    Well, here you folks go. Since endorsements are important to you, let me go ahead and go on the record.

I have made a decision as to who will receive my all-important vote. I know many of you are undecided and I know that the endorsement of a big time citizen like myself can really give confidence to those of you voting on the big day. Keep my stunning accomplishments in mind as you cast your vote this December.

First off, I appeared on television in the 1st grade giving my expert opinion on the Cosmos series on PBS. My imitation of Carl Sagan saying “billions and billions” received family wide acclaim. I held the Bellingrath Hills Elementary school record for most sit-ups in one minute. I finished atop my 5th grade class in books read for the year. I formed a small credit corporation on the bus in middle school to assist underprivileged students in purchasing their own World Finest Chocolate bars, which resulted in the highest sales in the art club. And finally, I captured the hearts of Baton Rouge when I pulled in weekly junior bowling honors as a teenager. I was a prodigy, much like those kids in the movie The Royal Tennenbaums. As a graduate of Louisiana Tech University, I am sure that you will all agree that I am still a pretty big deal so vote with me and choose Terrell .

With a name like Ggoose, how can you go wrong?

Once again, I endorse Terrell. Take that to the bank. Get out there. Exude confidence when voting, and proclaim loudly that you are with Ggoose. Folks will really be impressed

Puppy BULLDAWG is an unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by weunice

Once again, I endorse Terrell. Take that to the bank. Get out there. Exude confidence when voting, and proclaim loudly that you are with Ggoose. Folks will really be impressed

Well, that seals the deal for me if Ggoose endorses Terrell, then that is who I am voting for. Say no to Mary.

Who else is with the Ggoose?

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar
    I'm not much of a "Ditto-Head", but I was listening to Rush yesterday and he indicated that Landrieu announced that she was going to employ a new campaign strategy for the runoff. Since the Dems got their clock cleaned the other night, they have stated that they are going to become much more adversarial and combative to the republicans. Landrieu was said to be planning to present herself as the "Anti-George Bush" during this next month as a trial for this new stratagy. Anybody else like me think this is going to backfire big time for her? I mean, I can see her talking up domestic issues, but I think that if she starts going after Bush and his stance on Iraq, she is going to go down and go down hard in Louisiana. I get the feeling that when it comes to foreign policy, Louisianans who vote (which are the only ones that matter) are solidly in Bush's corner.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    I hope she tries it. Clearly she's looking for new options since she fired her campaign consultant 'cuz she didn't win in the first go 'round. She might have a bit of a problem going with the anti-Iraq stuff....didn't she just vote WITH the president on that issue (we probably know why)! One thing is for sure, she can't win by being with the president being a democrat....everyone knows that when things really matter they obstruct his plans.

Big Dog DCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really nice DCDAWG's Avatar
    Landrieu's not going "anti-George Bush", she's simply saying she's not going to be a rubber stamp for him as Terrell, et al have pledged. Louisiana's farmers, port workers and anybody who drives our sorry highways will be happy about that.
    She did vote in favor of the Iraq resolution and has remained supportive of the president on that, his big tax cut and every judicial nominee considered by the full Senate. But since Louisiana is so dependent on federal money, being a rubber stamp for a tax-cutting "fiscally conservative" Republican can be unwise.

Quote Originally Posted by DCDAWG
    Landrieu's not going "anti-George Bush", she's simply saying she's not going to be a rubber stamp for him as Terrell, et al have pledged. Louisiana's farmers, port workers and anybody who drives our sorry highways will be happy about that.
    She did vote in favor of the Iraq resolution and has remained supportive of the president on that, his big tax cut and every judicial nominee considered by the full Senate. But since Louisiana is so dependent on federal money, being a rubber stamp for a tax-cutting "fiscally conservative" Republican can be unwise.
    Can't argue with that DC. Louisianans will vote for people who bring home the pork. JBJ was the master of this, and few senators have ever been more popular. If she sticks to these types of issues, she has a chance. From the results the other night, it looked like the Repubs got 51% and Landrieu got 46% (help me out, anyone). This indicates to me that neither candidate is a shoe-in right now. I think that Landrieu will pull a few of the votes that went to the other repub candidates making the race really close to 50-50 -- As long as Landrieu stays away from Bush's foreign policy. Like I said, if she wants to be reelected, just adopt the tried and true Louisiana method: PTP (Promise-The-Pork). Especially I-49. If she could get that funded, I would vote for her.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    First on Foster..............

I've had a bad feeling about him since I walked out of the voting booth the last time I pulled the lever for him. He has been a lame duck since he took the oath of office the second time. I listen to his show most every week and the guy really isn't very smart. He sucked me in (two times) with that "good ole boy" thing. I made a mistake. Ready for this? If I had it to do over, I'd vote democrat. Yes even if that democrat was EWE.

I really think Terrell will win and here is why...........

1. She gets 95% of the GOP vote from the first election.

2. George Bush will help SHT in Louisiana, but Clinton will harm ML
    here.

3. ML will be much more cautious with the voter buying and illegal
    poll hauling in this election. SHT's poll nazis will be watching.

4. The Dems. won't pump the money in to the state that would
    have otherwise come. The GOP will still pour it on. They want
    that extra vote.

Also, don't look for Foster to endorse his fellow Repulican Lee Fletcher either. He will need Rodney in the House for the next two years and won't risk upsetting him.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    First on Foster..............

I've had a bad feeling about him since I walked out of the voting booth the last time I pulled the lever for him. He has been a lame duck since he took the oath of office the second time. I listen to his show most every week and the guy really isn't very smart. He sucked me in (two times) with that "good ole boy" thing. I made a mistake. Ready for this? If I had it to do over, I'd vote democrat. Yes even if that democrat was EWE.

I really think Terrell will win and here is why...........

1. She gets 95% of the GOP vote from the first election.

2. George Bush will help SHT in Louisiana, but Clinton will harm ML
    here.

3. ML will be much more cautious with the voter buying and illegal
    poll hauling in this election. SHT's poll nazis will be watching.

4. The Dems. won't pump the money in to the state that would
    have otherwise come. The GOP will still pour it on. They want
    that extra vote.

Also, don't look for Foster to endorse his fellow Repulican Lee Fletcher either. He will need Rodney in the House for the next two years and won't risk upsetting him.
    I've finally come to the conclusion, Foster IS a Democrat - he just dressed up like a Republican to fool us into electing him. I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say I'd have voted for EWE (he IS a convicted felon afterall) but we can't have him out of office soon enough for me.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    Ready for this? If I had it to do over, I'd vote democrat.
    That's it my friend. Come on over. It won't be much longer now.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    I'll be surprised if Landrieu let Clinton get within 500 miles of Louisiana. He's the kiss of death everywhere but Arkansas, and you can't imagine how much it pains me to say that. The only thing is, she probably can't keep Billy boy away so look for him to visit the state soon.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    I vote in Arkansas and can't afford to buy a vote in Louisiana, so I haven't spent much time learning about the candidates in the pelican state.
    However, I found a channel with a discussion or debate between Landrieu and Terrell at about 9 p.m. or 10 p.m. Sunday.
    I found Landrieu open and honest and obviously attractive and well-spoken.

Some who know me consider me old-fashioned and conservative. Others who read or hear my explanation or opinion on a particular topic consider me liberal. I try to explain that, if I knew what they knew, I would agree with them and, if they knew what I knew, they would agree with me. "Everyone knows something you don't," Cocodrieman told me more than 40 years ago!
    When I voted earlier this month in Arkansas, I picked a Democrat for governor and a Republican for second in command. Those votes were based on my personal and media-based knowledge of the two men I voted for.
    You learn a lot duck hunting with people and attending conservation fund-raising events with them. And sometimes you learn as much walking dogs in a park with someone.
    Anyway, I can't vote in Louisiana, so my comments don't count much. But I was impressed with both women and impressed with the fact that WOMEN are even in such a runoff in Louisiana.
    I thought Terrell missed her chance to win some good will by refusing to say she would not run any NEGATIVE ads. I think Landrieu only has to keep her promises not to run any negative ads from here out to win!
    The narrator kept trying to use the abortion issue to stir something up between the two women. Landrieu honestly said she would honor a woman's choice.
    I have never known a person, man or woman, who advocated that people have abortions! She didn't! Being pro-choice is NOT being pro-abortion!
    Many people give up their so-called pro-life, anti-abortion-in-all-circumstances beliefs when they learn that a young family member is pregnant and unmarried, pregnant and the victim of rape or pregnant by a man whose behavior suggests he may not be sound genetically or otherwise capable of functioning as a decent father.
    To try to make the difference between the ACTUAL beliefs of these women come down to a firm answer is ridiculous. To make a person's opinion on abortion a significant part of a political decision is worse.
    Former Arkansas Senator Dale Bumpers, speaking this past week in a public gathering reported statewide, pointed out that the greatest, almost the ONLY problem on earth today is overpopulation. Every conflict grows out of the need to grab more resources and use them for one's own population or SELL them to less fortunate nations to help them feed and provide for their own burgeoning masses. No, I didn't learn that from Bumpers, I read it in Malthus' book in the Shreveport public library in 1948 and have seen consistent evidence of it ever since. Maybe if Malthus had pretended to be a prophet and claimed to have been inspired by God instead of using scientific observation to draw his conclusions it would have caused an effort to have been made in the 1800s to stem the tide of population growth.

"Enough, Already, the Lord spake. When I said go forth and multiply there weren't enough people to staff a small-town convenience store. Now look what a mess you have made by not returning for new instructions!"

Human beings are the only creatures destroying their own habitat. We can NOT blame God for that. He didn't say "multiply until the quality of life deteriorates beyond tolerability and minimal subsistance requires working two jobs, etc.

I would suggest that asking candidates how much of the federal budget they would provide to help women both in the U.S. and around the world AVOID pregnancy would be a more significant subject of discussion. If a candidate doesn't realize that world population growth has to stop, that candidate isn't well-informed enough to be in office.
    I have the impression from reading a lot of news stories over the past few decades that some of the same people who make opposition to abortion a litmus test for holding public office also refuse to support efforts to reduce pregnancy among teenagers (remember the opposition to the surgeon general who did a great deal to fight teen pregnancy in Arkansas before going to DC?). And who are the people in the congress who vote against appropriating money to fight the growth of population in third-world countries?
    Are they the ones who advocate programs to try to convince teenagers to go into denial of the fact that they are going through puberty? "Just say No" works a lot better for a teenager who has paid attention to Dr. Elders' advice!
    The only honest answer I ever heard to the question of what is the danger of allowing abortion in the U.S. was on a talk-radio show.
    A woman asked, "If we let people have abortions, who will work in the fast-food restaurants?" Even the conservative talk-show host was taken aback by that.
    Is that the reason some people don't want to reduce population? Because they believe that slave labor is necessary worldwide for them to remain prosperous?
    Anyway, it is nice to see Louisiana having a runoff between two women for high office.
    That never happened before, I assume, not even back in the days when there were NO REPUBLICANS in Louisiana. So whichever one wins, I suspect she'll be better than some of the men the pelican state has sent to DC.

Thank you, Lord, for giving the burden of excessive testosterone to only half of us. We depend on those who don't have that problem not only to give birth to and nurture us but to keep us from mindlessly slaughtering one another!

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    Pretty deep stuff you got going on that post Aub.

+ Reply to Thread