+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marsha Sharp on Message Boards

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    I thought this was interesting and should serve as a reminder about current players and recruits when discussions on here are heated:

Just read this on the B12 Board and thought it interesting. Originally appeared on Raiderspower.com

"JS: What do you think some of the pros and cons are of sites like Raiderpower.com?

MS: I think that the pros are that it gives our fans a way to stay in touch, and to be in a situation where they can hear some things about basketball. Honestly, from my perspective the cons are the fact that sometimes there's a lot of information on there that's not exactly accurate. That concerns me a little bit because sometimes our players read it, and they may think that something went on in coaches minds, or fans minds that actually never was part of our practice, or maybe a game situation. I don't think there's any question that it was really a negative with one of our recruits. She and her parents read a lot of things that were on the internet last year when we were struggling as a team. I think she chose another university based on some information that was on the web site, that was actually not accurate. That concerns me a little bit. Not just for our program, but for all women's basketball programs. Certainly you never want to be in a situation where you get on there and read negative things about kids on your team, or even members of your coaching staff. We do pay attention to that because our players read it. So we've got to make sure that we're able to calm any fears down, or settle anything from our perspective that they may be worried about or thinking about. I think it was a major factor in some of the things that went on with us last year. We spent a lot of time talking to our players about their involvement in reading that, and what they need to be able to sift through and look at. I'm always glad when there's attention to our sport, but I also want to make sure that it's accurate information, honestly."

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar
    This is a "MUST READ" for all those negative posters who wonder what the coaches spend their time doing. Several of us have been saying this very same thing for several years, but it never seems to sink in to some thick skulls.

This is what we do to our foot.

TD
    ~~

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Exactly! This goes for all sports.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechsasDawg
    This is a "MUST READ" for all those negative posters who wonder what the coaches spend their time doing. Several of us have been saying this very same thing for several years, but it never seems to sink in to some thick skulls.

This is what we do to our foot.

TD
    ~~
    Gimme a break!

First of all, if ALL schools have this, and they do, then Tech is not uniquely disadvantaged.

Secondly, jeeesh! imagine that, fans expressing displeasure with coaches and players when they stink up the place. Gee, when did that start? Oh, I know! the same time organized sports began over 100 years ago. The internet is just another medium for fans to use, but griping is nothing new.

Time for some people to get a grip.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    My sentiments exactly, D80. It's much ado about nothing. Coaches are NEVER going to be able to stop the gossip amongst fans. Welcome to the BIGTIME, Marsha! It goes with the territory.

HD

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    Even if all schools have the negative comments when you're having a bad year it can still be used against you when you compare the comments of a team having a good year against those of a team having a bad year. I think it's possible to get your point across without being mean-spirited and personal about coaches or players. That's the kind of stuff that might sway a recruit. I know that sounds Polyanna to some of you, but it is my opinion.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    My sentiments exactly, D80. It's much ado about nothing. Coaches are NEVER going to be able to stop the gossip amongst fans. Welcome to the BIGTIME, Marsha! It goes with the territory.

HD
    If coaches (esp coaches' wives) would spend less time on the internet and more time preparing game plans, their teams might just be more successful...

9 out of 10 times ALL of the news concerning TECH athletics is heard hear FIRST - before the newspapers, before the radios and before the tv...

From signings to schedulings, from firings to hirings...

And I bet we are correct a good 75 to 80% of the time...

+ Reply to Thread