+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Here we go again!

Bulldog dawgpound is an unknown dawgpound's Avatar
    Coach doesn't know what is wrong. I think I do and I am about as far from being a football coach as you can get.

We have allowed 99 points and over a thousand yards of offense in the last 2 games(and we won one of them). DEFENSE. Wouldn't it be nice to have some?

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    How long has it been since we had a good defense. Somebody tell me what year it was. I remember a pretty good one back in 1989 or 90.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    I see we brought our 2nd half offense to California. Late in the third and looking bad!
    Oh - you were at the game. I just left the San Jose fireworks after the game. And, they had plenty of second half fireworks before the game ended. Its really sad that everyone makes these wonderful adjustments and we play the same tune every second half. We tried making their 5'5", 145 pound back look like a Heisman candidate! We really should've won that game if we'd even remotely gone for the same type plays that were working in the first half. We went back to that behind the line of scrimmage garbage in the second half and got burned. And, I really wish we'd gone for it when we went for the field goal in the fourth quarter - we all saw the end coming there!

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    Did they have a decent crowd at the game?

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar
    It would seem that IF we had the talent that evryone thinks we had we might be able to win or at least be somewhat competitive on talent alone, but that hasn't been the case.

The truth of the matter is we aren't that talented especially in regard to our defensive backfield and line backers.

And of course it goes without saying that we aren't tallented in the coaching ranks either. Two weeks to prepare and we still SUCK!

We have no clue what it takes to prepare for a game and how to coach through it for a win.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Tech has now allowed at least 31 points in every game except against inept Tulsa. I sick of hearing how much better the defense is this year when the stats don't prove it. This year's scoring defense average is 35.7 per game, up from 32.5 in the regular season last year.

The last four WAC opponents have scored 163 points (40.75 per game) against Tech. Those same four opponents have averaged 21.8 points against the rest of their schedules this year.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute
    It's coaching. There is no excuse to blow this game. We were outcoached plain and simple. I wish I had $1 million because it would be worth it to get rid of our staff.

How many of you realized that JBIII was calling the plays the first 2 drives of the second half? He has a loser mentality. He (and Luke) were totally pysched-out at A&M. He talks about San Jose State like they are a Top 25 team (a team that Nevada beat by 4 touchdowns on the road). He has a defeatist attitude and he needs to go. He is selfish and doesn't give our guys a chance. He didn't make some key redshirts this year and he played games "not to lose" so that maybe he could get a better offer this year and get out of Ruston.

Bicknell is a loser and I hate that he is dragging our players down. We played great on offense in the first half (which I thought was our problem to this point) and still got blown-out 35-7 after dominating a team in the first half.

I am with Beef----we need to ask him to do the right thing for himself and for Tech and resign at the end of the season. I know he is too selfish to do this, but he needs to understand that he is a loser and will never be a head coach with his defeatist attitude.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar
    Bone afide

Our talent shows when we kick ass in the first half. Then our lack of adjustments on offense leads to a chain of reactions. We dont get any first downs, this gets our defense tired which will be worn out at the end of the game.

Somebody correct me if Im wrong but I count 7 games where we didn't show up for the second half. (OSU, Clem, Penn, A&M, Rice, SMU, San Jose.) This coaching makes me PUKE!

If it's true that Bicknell was calling the plays at the beginning of the 2nd half, and I have no way of knowing if he was or not, why do we have an offensive coordinator? Let Conroy call the plays or just make him a QB coach. If he's not calling the plays that's all he is.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ARKDAWG02
    Did they have a decent crowd at the game?
    They started out with 150 people there 30 minutes before game time. Perhaps there were 5 groups of people tailgating - even I thought that was pathetic! There were probably about 10,000 people at the game. They were enthusiastic when you would've expected them to be. They had this fruitcake guy - Krazy George that beat a drum and led cheers - an ugly guy baldheaded w/ long hair in the back. Even their announcer jokingly called him handsome and I think that is why they have attendance problems - he's really irritating!

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg
    It would seem that IF we had the talent that evryone thinks we had we might be able to win or at least be somewhat competitive on talent alone, but that hasn't been the case.

The truth of the matter is we aren't that talented especially in regard to our defensive backfield and line backers.

And of course it goes without saying that we aren't tallented in the coaching ranks either. Two weeks to prepare and we still SUCK!

We have no clue what it takes to prepare for a game and how to coach through it for a win.
    Well, if you go back and look at the quarter by quarter results for this year, and for last year as well, we always seem to be able to dominate in the first half ( and that's when both team's starters are fresh) we seem to be the superior team in lot's of the games we've lost. Then we come out for the 2nd half and while the other team has adjusted, we just keep doing the same thing over and over, regardless of the result!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's no way that San Jose had talent even approaching ours!!! but apparently their coaching staff is definitely superior!!!!!!! Do our coaches not even understand what the halftime break is for?????

That's just great, we get beat by a team with a krazy george as their main cheerleader. Give me a break

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg

The truth of the matter is we aren't that talented...
    Not true, BFD. Even I have to admit that when LSU was losing all those years in the '90s, they had better talent than several of the lesser programs they played. It was their coaching that did them in. However, you hit the nail on the head when you said that we would be competetive on talent alone. The fact is we were competitive as has been pointed out by others in regard to our first half performances. In fact, we were competing with several BCS schools for much of the game this year until coaching came into play. If the coaching is even, then superior talent will win close games. If the coaching is superior then superior talent will result in blow-outs. If the coaching is way inferior, then superior talent suffers blow-outs. Just wait and see in Boise. They have a far superior coaching staff.

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    [quote:67b2166ca4="ARKDAWG02"]Did they have a decent crowd at the game?
    They started out with 150 people there 30 minutes before game time. Perhaps there were 5 groups of people tailgating - even I thought that was pathetic! There were probably about 10,000 people at the game. They were enthusiastic when you would've expected them to be. They had this fruitcake guy - Krazy George that beat a drum and led cheers - an ugly guy baldheaded w/ long hair in the back. Even their announcer jokingly called him handsome and I think that is why they have attendance problems - he's really irritating![/quote:67b2166ca4]

Hey Markay.....

I'm with you on all the things we ( our coaching staff) did wrong today, but PLEASE don't take it out on Krazy George. Krazy is an institution in Northern California, and far beyond. He actually has a PhD and is a long time educator.

He was a life long fan of the Oakland A's and came to their games with the drum beat and so forth.. He got to where he could get a crowd of 40,000 or so into the most perfect multiple participation ( yell and answer yell) cheers that anyone could imagine. and involve the whole baseball stadium. He was so susccessful that the A's hired him at a very arrtactive salary and he retired from teaching and did this full time. He later became the "head cheerleader" for the Anaheim Angels ( except when they palyed Oakland), the same for the Baltimore Orioles, and the old Houston Oilers. He had quite a few years whre he was making well into the higher 6 figures doing this.

He has retired from the professional ranks several years ago, but since his alma mater is San Jose, I understand that he still does his little antics for them pro bono.

Having lived in the East Bay area for over 10 years and having been a long time Oakland A's fan, I have enjoyed many of George's admittedly kooky routines. But regardless of what you think of him, I challenge you to find ANYONE (including groups of college cheerleaders) who can get a large crowd into a game like George can. Of course, from what I understand, there were only 6,000 or so at today's game, so he really didn't have much to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123
    Bone afide

Our talent shows when we kick ass in the first half. Then our lack of adjustments on offense leads to a chain of reactions. We dont get any first downs, this gets our defense tired which will be worn out at the end of the game.

Somebody correct me if Im wrong but I count 7 games where we didn't show up for the second half. (OSU, Clem, Penn, A&M, Rice, SMU, San Jose.) This coaching makes me PUKE!
    And don't forget the ones from last year. Even a lot of the wins were ones we hung on by the "skin of our teeth" because we we simply outplayed in the 2nd half.

I started posting on here 2 years ago that we were "losing at halftime", even in games that we hung on and won. I recall being derided by some posters that I was not being loyal, etc. But the point is that even in a lot of the games we've won, simply because we do have some good talent, we are simply being outcoached in virtually every game!!!!!!!

It'a a consistent pattern. the other teams see how we're running over them in the first half and adjust!!! We, on the other hand apparently do nothing, virtually handing the other team the game.

But the really disgusting part is hearing our Head Coach, game after game, saying "he's frustrated, and HAS NO ANSWERS". does he not realize that that's why he's getting the big bucks...... to have answers????????

+ Reply to Thread