View Poll Results: Which of these is the best football coach?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jack Bicknell III

6 18.75%
  • Joe Peace

18 56.25%
  • Beef (2-3-1 as a junior high assistant)

8 25.00%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best coach?

Varsity Bulldog beef is on the way down beef's Avatar
    Please provide me with some feedback so I can better understand what it takes to be a good football coach.
    BUSH CHENEY 2004

Varsity Bulldog beef is on the way down beef's Avatar
    Cool, somebody voted for me. I voted for Peace, but its nice to know I have a fan base.
    BUSH CHENEY 2004

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    I voted for you Beef. I was at the SJSU game today. I know damn well I could have coached a better game than Bick did, so I figure you probably could too.

HD

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    I know damn well I could have coached a better game than Bick did...

HD
    Well of course you could have HD. You'd have had me, VW, Dawg80 as assistants. How could you lose?

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    I voted for you Beef. I was at the SJSU game today. I know damn well I could have coached a better game than Bick did, so I figure you probably could too.

HD
    Just how many times would you have called that bootleg option run/pass? I'm not sure that I couldn't have done better than the coach today. Why, when you need to score twice with six minutes left do you run two running plays? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have done that! No, I'm REAL sure I wouldn't have done that. And, I'd have definitely been throwing the ball beyond the first down marker on 3rd down. And, I'd have gone for it instead of the field goal on 4 and a foot. Yep, I'm pretty sure I could've done better, too!

Enjoyed getting the HD insight into Tech football at the game today.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar
    If you could lead Plain Dealing MS to two victories, I'm sure you could lead tech to 5.

Varsity Bulldog HounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the rough
    Shreveport / Destin / Toledo Bend/Grand Isle
    The results of this poll are skewed.

I voted twice for Bick and neither one showed up.

LOL!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Thanks Markay. I enjoyed meeting you. It was fun talking to a lady who knows ALLOT about football.

Oh.....don't forget to tell everybody about my advice to Coach Hines before the game. Every time he ran my "play action bootleg pass", IT WORKED! Including our first TD. SJSU never stopped it all day.

Funny how we moved the ball at will in the first half when we were throwing the ball FORWARD instead of backwards or instead of down the line of scrimmage. We need to take those stupid screens OUT of the playbook.

HD

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Oh.....don't forget to tell everybody about my advice to Coach Hines before the game. Every time he ran my "play action bootleg pass", IT WORKED! Including our first TD. SJSU never stopped it all day.

HD
    Consider yourself vouched for - that was priceless! Perhaps you should've offered a few more tips about what NOT to do.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    HD,

What you and beef both know about football wouldn't fill up a want ad.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    HD,

What is Jack Bicknell's career coaching record again? More wins than losses, right? Losses to teams with half the talent, players that have no respect for the coach, other teams that know our plays as well as we do. An idiot who says he likes a defense that has given up over 30 points a game in every game this year except one.

And we gave the guy a 5 year contract. NUFF SAID!

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    21 wins, 23 losses

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    HD,

I can certainly understand how it would overtax your little mind.

HD

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar
    I don't see a 'real' coach in the survey........

Why don't we have a real survey with some real coaches to see who would really want?

DFIH

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    Thanks Markay. I enjoyed meeting you. It was fun talking to a lady who knows ALLOT about football.

Funny how we moved the ball at will in the first half when we were throwing the ball FORWARD instead of backwards or instead of down the line of scrimmage. We need to take those stupid screens OUT of the playbook.

HD

Isn't it funny --or maybe just a coincidence, HD -- seems like a lot of us were saying that same thing last year and the year before that, JUST THROW THE DAMN BALL DOWN THE FIELD!!!!!! When you do that, even when you do get picked, it's not much worse than a punt, instead of a give away TD!!

+ Reply to Thread