+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Commentator comments

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Hey, did you all hear the announcer quote Leon as saying he's not done coaching? I know it's been speculated that he'll coach again, but that was the first confirmation I had heard.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    I heard that too. I haven't heard anything about this in the "gossip" circles here.

By the way, did the girl's uniforms look like they were a little darker blue, or do I need to adjust the color on my set?

P.S. This is my first Lady Techster post ever.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    What the heck are you doing, Sooner? Trying to kill my thread?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    Hey, did you all hear the announcer quote Leon as saying he's not done coaching? I know it's been speculated that he'll coach again, but that was the first confirmation I had heard.
    Leon wants to coach in the WNBA real bad. It's no secret. He'll probably get a shot at it when the right job comes open.

HD

Wouldn't it be a hoot when Sue Gunter fails to deliver on LSU's #3 ranking, if they give Leon an offer he can't refuse?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Wouldn't it be a hoot when Sue Gunter fails to deliver on LSU's #3 ranking, if they give Leon an offer he can't refuse?
    I don't believe Leon would ever take the LSU job. He wants out of college coaching. But Leon does want a "money job" in the WNBA. He especially likes the idea of coaching in Houston, Los Angeles or New York.

HD

I agree, HD. I was just thinking about it and told VW that as upset as people were at KMR for going to Baylor, everyone in Ruston would drive him out and never let him back. I know it will never happen. I just thought it would be funny to see what would happen if it did.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    ESPN specifically mentioned San Antonio, which is slated to get a WNBA franchise this summer (2003). Barmore was quoted as saying if offered the SA job, he would take it. Should hear something very soon, if that is the case. The WNBA begins practice in April, that ain't that far off.

On another note, I was so glad to hear the ESPN announcer say what a joke it was (my paraphrase) that other coaches like Vivian Stringer and Sue Gunter were in the Hall of Fame before Leon. The bimbos in charge need to get a major grip.

Big Dog localdawg is an unknown
    From Day One, Leon had his sights on San Antonio. Or at least that is what I heard soon after he retired. As much of a competitor as Leon is, I am sure he'll always wonder what if when he thinks about when he was offered the Houston Comets job. We all know the story... Leon said NO, Van Chancellor took the job and the Comets won back to back to back to back WNBA CHAMPIONSHIPS...

Quote Originally Posted by localdawg
    From Day One, Leon had his sights on San Antonio. Or at least that is what I heard soon after he retired. As much of a competitor as Leon is, I am sure he'll always wonder what if when he thinks about when he was offered the Houston Comets job. We all know the story... Leon said NO, Van Chancellor took the job and the Comets won back to back to back to back WNBA CHAMPIONSHIPS...
    Actually, the WNBA should wonder and not Leon. I doubt very seriously that it would have been the same Comets team if Leon had taken the job. I mean, it's doubtful that the same players would have been drafted.

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    Funny you should mention that.

Everyone knows Sue Gunter is getting close to retirement age. But even if Leon Barmore wanted to coach another college team, I don't think LSU would be interested. We'd be right back in the same boat within a few years. We want a hot young coach looking to build a dynasty and make LSU women's basketball her career. One name in particular is being spoken a lot by Lady Tiger fans, and that's Kristy Sims-Curry. Kim Mulkey Robertson is also mentioned, but I think she is firmly committed to Baylor now and wouldn't take another job unless it were Tennessee or UConn. Any chance we could get one of those two? I don't see Tech going after a new coach soon unless Budke tanks, and I doubt that will happen. He had the Techsters looking pretty sharp today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstorm
    [quote:0b613d1442="Dirtydawg"]Wouldn't it be a hoot when Sue Gunter fails to deliver on LSU's #3 ranking, if they give Leon an offer he can't refuse?
    Funny you should mention that.

Everyone knows Sue Gunter is getting close to retirement age. But even if Leon Barmore wanted to coach another college team, I don't think LSU would be interested. We'd be right back in the same boat within a few years. We want a hot young coach looking to build a dynasty and make LSU women's basketball her career. One name in particular is being spoken a lot by Lady Tiger fans, and that's Kristy Sims-Curry. Kim Mulkey Robertson is also mentioned, but I think she is firmly committed to Baylor now and wouldn't take another job unless it were Tennessee or UConn. Any chance we could get one of those two? I don't see Tech going after a new coach soon unless Budke tanks, and I doubt that will happen. He had the Techsters looking pretty sharp today.[/quote:0b613d1442]

You definitely can't go wrong with a Leon trained coach. I don't think I'd hire someone from under Gunter's tutelage. She has to have been the most overrated coach. She's had tremendous talent throughout the years and hasn't done anything with it. You folks might want to keep an eye on the former Tech assistant who took over at Fresno St. this year. She was with Leon for a year or two, I believe. She's young and seems to have the credentials as well as other assets that I've heard about. I don't think Curry or KMR would go to LSU, but could be wrong on the Curry part. I'm not sure where she is but I'm sure Ggoose or Champ110 could answer that better than I. Also, I don't know how long until Gunter retires, but if he waits several years, Katie Cochran was a player and assistant under Barmore for a quite awhile. She was a star at Byrd from Shreveport if I remember correctly, so should be able to recruit Louisiana and area well.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Curry is at Purdue. She has built a great reputation there and they love her. I doubt she would leave.

I think Stacy at Fresno would love to get her hands on a potential team like lsu. She is a young, Leon trained, up and coming coaching star. If she can get Fresno into the NCAA tournament, the offers will start multiplying for her.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    I think Purdue is paying her big money as well. Trying to wrestle a Tech trained coach away from big teams that are in areas where fan support for womens basketball is top notch to come to Baton Rouge, where fan support is lacking, is going to be tough.

Besides, I am not certain that LSU would go so low as to hire someone trained by a lowly in-state school

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weunice
    I think Purdue is paying her big money as well. Trying to wrestle a Tech trained coach away from big teams that are in areas where fan support for womens basketball is top notch to come to Baton Rouge, where fan support is lacking, is going to be tough.

Besides, I am not certain that LSU would go so low as to hire someone trained by a lowly in-state school
    Give us more credit than that, WEunice. We hired Yvette Girourd away from ULL to coach our softball team, and even though Smoke Laval was mentored by Bertman, his first head coaching job was at ULM, where he literally built that program from the ground up.

I'll admit, the fan support for the Lady Tigers is not what it should be. But the funding is there. I think a national title would be a big step in putting fans in the seats. Fans are excited also about us landing Simeone Augustus, and she will be awesome. I look for our fan support to go up if we have a great season.

Geaux Lady Tigers and Lady Techsters!

+ Reply to Thread