+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why hasn't anybody questioned the wisdom.......

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    Boy I can see why this thread was moved to the flamers board. We got Rooster getting choked, people getting pissed on and wife's insulted. Pretty mature group you got here guys.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    When the day finally arrives and HD shows up where a few dozen people he has insulted are tailgating, there could be a massive free-for-all as men fight for the privilege of spanking HD.
    Let's hope that few suffer season-ending injuries because the winner won't be able to find HD to spank him. He'll be hiding someplace and criticizing the team to whoever will listen.
    Have the administrators announced there would be awards for the most insulting replies on this board? I assume HD knows about the award program and has been getting a head start now for at least two years.
    Because HD appears the inevitable winner (how is that for accepting reality?) it would appear to be time to form a committee to decide what his prize will be.
    I hope we can find all his top insults to read at the HD roast and fund-raiser for Tech athletics. This could be more fun and better attended than any other event of the year!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg
    I wasn't there, but I was told by someone who saw the film that his only other choice was to try to avoid the sack. Luke made a mistake, but comments about urine are not necessary, even in the pit.

Luke, if you read this garbage, assine comments like the last post come with the territory of being a 1-A quarterback. Ignore these ignorant fools, and keep your head in the game. We need you for Boise, and especially for next year. Don't let these idiots get you down.
    You're right about one thing: you weren't there and you don't know what you're talking about. You are DEFINATELY wrong on this one. You've got the play all wrong.

This particular play is the one where Luke takes the snap and IMMEDIATELY throws the ball (very hard) toward the sideline to a Tech receiver laterally. The receiver never gets past the line of scrimmage. It's designed to get the ball OUTSIDE quickly in hopes of getting our receiver into a one-on-one situation with the cornerback. You've seen Tech run this play a thousand times. Troy Edwards was the master of this play. And there's no chance of a QB sack because the QB gets rid of the ball IMMEDIATELY. (So, your info about Luke trying to avoid the sack was Bull$hit.)

The problem with the play was that the defense READ IT PERFECTLY and KNEW what we were going to do. The CB read something and stepped right BETWEEN our receiver and Luke. The CB was PAST OUR LINE OF SCRIMMAGE (in other words, IN OUR BACKFIELD!) and there was absolutely NOTHING between him and the goal line.

Well, Tech caught a break after the first one and the CB dropped the ball. However, 2 plays later we ran the EXACT same play to the other side and this time the SJSU CB caught it in our backfield and returned it for an easy TD. Very, very stupid call.

HD

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    To Aubunique:

Any time you feel like you're big enough to "spank" me little man, you just give me a call. I'm not hard to find. You know that.

I still remember you hiding from DawgFanHou last year at the Tulsa game. He was ready to whip your butt at the Tulsa game (seriously) and I talked him out of it because you are so litttle. You suddenly got real friendly. HA! I never saw a nervous man smoke as many cigarretes as you did that day.

Aub, I NEVER post anything to you because I think you're a certified little nutt. Seriously. I skip most of your BB&B posts because they typically ramble too much and I think you're just a liberal 60's wannabe that I could never agree with anyway. Yet, it seems the more I ignore you, the more you seem desperate for my attention. You continously write posts about me --unsolicited-- like the one above. What gives? I never directed a comment to you. Just let it go.

I started a very legitimate thread here about "playcalling". I wanted sincere feedback from real Tech fans who know football. Your response, along with Sooner and Cool Hand Lukes simply proves that you guys are more interested in shutting down Bicknell's critics rather than talking about the actual games we play. Apparently not a single one of you guys saw the plays in question and each of your comments prove it.

I appreciate the fact that you are a Bicknell "sympathizer" along with Sooner. That's okay. But some of us have legitimate griefs with the play calling. Especially when it costs us a game. This thread is the subject of one such series of plays. It was a stupid call. So just accept it.

HD

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Do you believe that you have not insulted more people on this board and in a harsher way than anyone else has?
    The content of your original post was not the reason I commented.
    Read over your own posts. You constantly use highly emotional language, calling people stupid, etc.
    And you toss out a physical threat as though you might be some deranged felon.
    I don't believe anyone who has met you would imagine that you would physically attack them. However, your choice of words and name-calling certainly make a lot of people believe you deserve a spanking.
    No wonder some people say they will not read this message board. Your intense desire for the Dawgs to win is admirable. However, your approach to analyzing it isn't particularly useful.
    Didn't someone say that Bicknell invited any fan with some good ideas to come visit him? I missed the first half of the growl this week. Maybe you need to go talk to him. In person, you probably never talk to anyone the way you talk to and about people on this board.
    I imagine he will listen to you and maybe benefit from your advice.
    However, if he has read all your posts on BB&B over the past few years, he might call campus security if he hears you are on the way to his office!

"The content of your original post was not the reason I commented.
    Read over your own posts. You constantly use highly emotional language, calling people stupid, etc."---Aub

Not true. Go back and read this thread from the start. I tried to keep it between the ditches. Cool Hand Luke drew first blood because he didn't like my criticism of Bick's play calling. Then you responded in kind for the same reason.

But regardless, how does my comment about SOMEONE ELSE concern you? What made you feel the need to jump in? Why can't you comment on the subject matter (in this case, the plays called)?

HD

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    IMHO, after listening to the GROWL this week (wish I could have been there as well), I still think there seems to be an IQ problem with a certain coach but I will now add that a major EGO problem
    seems to be at work as well. These 2 are deadly when combined! In addition, there are identified illnesses with people that say and do the same thing over and over again with the same results and than deny that they are doing anything wrong. OK>>that was a "little over the edge" but the picture is becoming very clear folks. "Houston/Ruston we have a problem!"

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    I hope my last post was not the main reason for blasting this thread to the PIT! There were others that were worse. :O}

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    I hope my last post was not the main reason for blasting this thread to the PIT! There were others that were worse. :O}
    Don't worry, TT. This thread has been in the pit for some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    [quote:cac659873d="TYLERTECHSAS"]I hope my last post was not the main reason for blasting this thread to the PIT! There were others that were worse. :O}
    Don't worry, TT. This thread has been in the pit for some time now.[/quote:cac659873d]

OH>>Thanks for that information. I feel better now! :wink:

To Aubunique:

Any time you feel like you're big enough to "spank" me little man, you just give me a call. I'm not hard to find. You know that.

I still remember you hiding from DawgFanHou last year at the Tulsa game. He was ready to whip your butt at the Tulsa game (seriously) and I talked him out of it because you are so litttle. You suddenly got real friendly. HA! I never saw a nervous man smoke as many cigarretes as you did that day.

Aub, I NEVER post anything to you because I think you're a certified little nutt. Seriously. I skip most of your BB&B posts because they typically ramble too much and I think you're just a liberal 60's wannabe that I could never agree with anyway. Yet, it seems the more I ignore you, the more you seem desperate for my attention. You continously write posts about me --unsolicited-- like the one above. What gives? I never directed a comment to you. Just let it go.

HD
    Last edited by HogDawg on Sat Nov 16, 2002 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 12:34 am** *Post subject:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The content of your original post was not the reason I commented.
    Read over your own posts. You constantly use highly emotional language, calling people stupid, etc."---Aub

Not true. Go back and read this thread from the start. I tried to keep it between the ditches. Cool Hand Luke drew first blood because he didn't like my criticism of Bick's play calling. Then you responded in kind for the same reason.

But regardless, how does my comment about SOMEONE ELSE concern you? What made you feel the need to jump in? Why can't you comment on the subject matter (in this case, the plays called)?

HD,
    your insulting someone else concerns me because you claim to be a graduate of Louisiana Tech.
    Being conservative and old-fashioned, I consider it ungentlemanly to insult people and I KNOW it is not in the best interest of Louisiana Tech to have its graduates make such statements in public, which this board is --- extremely public.
    It is now 11:04 p.m. Monday. I didn't read your revised post several places above until now. I am really sorry I didn't save a copy of the one in which you offered to mop the floor with my face, which I politely ignored.
    I did, however, watch you and your pal become polite. I seriously doubt it was because I was not as tall as either of you. It might have been because I was not as out of condition as either of you. Because you and DFH, whose name I can't remember right now and who hasn't joined in here lately to remind us, sat in front of DonW and me during the game and I spent a lot of my time very visible down near the field trying to motivate the players by involving the crowd, I doubt anyone would imagine I ever thought of hiding from anyone!
    At the risk of sounding like a ruffian, I must confess to having been a little disappointed you weren't aggressive when we met in the parking lot.
    Because illogical statements cause my adrenaline to rise, all I would have had to do was remember the mindless attacks on the sports reporter from Shreveport perpetrated by your friend to rise to the occasion of facing a couple of fat boys in a parking lot.
    His comments were illogical in that they ignored and didn't take into account the FACT that the reporter was at the game and not responsible for a mistake made by someone on the desk at the paper who had only AP copy for a source. All he had to do was study the situation and apologize to the reporter or at least stop making the comments once he understood they were wrong.
    At that time, you guys were attacking the only reporter giving Tech good coverage.
    Of late, you have been attacking fellow posters on this board with highly emotive, insulting language, calling them names and accusing them of assorted behavior of which you assume other people will not approve and thus might believe your comments.
    Earlier, however, I did read your well-reasoned discussion of the reporting of rumor and inuendo on another thread and was reminded that you do have a brain.
    And I am confident you won't attack a man or threaten anyone again because your brain will tell you it isn't the proper way to behave. But, if you get tempted, you will probably get a little help from some part of your body that doesn't want to be involved in attacking a "little guy" who is much quicker and stronger than you.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    When the day finally arrives and HD shows up where a few dozen people he has insulted are tailgating, there could be a massive free-for-all as men fight for the privilege of spanking HD.
    Let's hope that few suffer season-ending injuries because the winner won't be able to find HD to spank him. He'll be hiding someplace and criticizing the team to whoever will listen.
    Have the administrators announced there would be awards for the most insulting replies on this board? I assume HD knows about the award program and has been getting a head start now for at least two years.
    Because HD appears the inevitable winner (how is that for accepting reality?) it would appear to be time to form a committee to decide what his prize will be.
    I hope we can find all his top insults to read at the HD roast and fund-raiser for Tech athletics. This could be more fun and better attended than any other event of the year!

People that get their feelings hurt need to quit reading the board. If someone doesn't like it, quit coming on here, plain and simple. If you go to Burger King and they keep getting your order wrong, are you going to keep going back. Hell NO, this is a Louisiana Tech football board. People need to quit wearing their feelings on their shoulders. People need to quit defending our record. When is the line going to be drawn, let the 3-9 season continue? We need to drop the bomb.

Rooster, nobody has defended our football team's record.
    It is the reality.
    Calling people with whom we disagree stupid or worse and threatening them isn't something I want outsiders to read on this board.
    Just because it is about a rough-and-tumble sport doesn't mean people should post without dignity.
    Some things said on here ought to be directed to the people they are aimed at, not published here for all to see.
    Want someone to resign? Address that person directly.
    Want someone fired? Address those with the power to do it.
    Want to call someone names? Do it by direct mail, not on the board.
    The original irritant, more than a year ago, was someone blaming someone for something he did not do and continuing to blame that person even after it was explained that the person getting the blame was not in a position to know the error was being made until the paper came out the next day.
    I get angry over injustice and inaccuracy when the facts are available. I am embarrassed by allegedly educated people being rude and crude in a public forum.
    I haven't had my feelings hurt. I am sure others have.
    I believe you failed to read the posts before they were edited and thus don't realize the full particulars of the insults and threats that were passed on this thread.
    Had you been threatened by a bully, you probably would have responded more strongly than I did.
    When I draw a bully off someone else, I believe I am doing the right thing. I suspect you would do the same thing.
    While the tone of what I wrote suggested it was sarcastic and in jest, the truth is that an HD roast might be a great fund-raiser, with ticket proceeds going to the athletic department ( maybe to start a fund to buy out the contracts of coaches who don't work out). HD would love the attention and lots of people would love reading what he wrote about them aloud in front of a big crowd. Could we reserve a room on a riverboat for this?
    I am glad there is now a semi-private recruiting board, but the truth is that much of what gets posted in anger and frustration on assorted threads is extremely harmful to recruiting.
    I don't think many people want to send kids to a college from which people graduate but continue to behave as rudely and crudely as a bunch of street punks.
    Learning to gather facts and consider various opinions is part of a good education. We can't be objective here because we strongly want the athletic teams that we identify with to do well. But we can try to be objective about others opinions and recognize that when someone is trying to calm us down there is probably a good reason.

+ Reply to Thread