+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why hasn't anybody questioned the wisdom.......

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Why hasn't anybody questioned the wisdom of Tech running the "lateral screen pass" (behind our own line of scrimmage) against SJSU in TWO out of THREE plays late in the 4th qtr yesterday? The second screen pass was actually intercepted and returned for the decisive TD. It killed any chance Tech had of winning the game.

The INT was only 2 plays after a Spartan CB got a fantastic jump and almost intercepted the first screen pass on the line of scrimmage (on the other side). It was the SAME dang play. They looked like carbon copies of each other. Had the Spartan CB not dropped the first pass, he could have EASILY run untouched for a TD too. Two plays later, he did it anyway because we were stupid enough to run the same TELEGRAPHED play again.

Calling this same WORTHLESS play TWICE in one series was a MAJOR mistake. And to call it a second time after the Spartan guy almost returned it for a TD the first time should have been a signal that THEY WERE READING OUR FORMATIONS!

This is what happened when we started throwing the ball BEHIND our own line of scrimmage.

HD

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    You need to stick to cleaning jock straps. that's about the extent of your football knowledge.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Which would be more than you have.

Dan Newman made the comment that the SJSU defenders were reading Luke's eyes and jumping right into the passing lanes. Oh, but of course, Newman should stick to cleaning jocks too.

I wish, Clyde, that Bicknell & Company could coach somewhere else and that you follow them as a fan there. Cuz, we don't want them here and we don't need idiots like you who stick their heads in the sand.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    You need to stick to cleaning jock straps. that's about the extent of your football knowledge.

Go clean your mom's jock strap first you idiot.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    Chicken,

If I want any shit out of you, I'll squeeze your head.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    Chicken, If I want any shit out of you, I'll squeeze your head.
    Now that's some really deep thought. You had to dig way back into that 4th grade mind of yours for that one.

Why don't you comment on the play series? This isn't about your lack of personality and the insecurities you are obviously dealing with....it's about the EXTREMELY poor play call that finally cost us the game.

The SJSU folks sitting near me were absolutley agast at the play call. They couldn't believe we were stupid enough to call the same play again so soon after the Spartan CB had almost returned the first one for a TD.

HD

You're the one with insecurities, having to get on an internet chat board to rant and rave about college football.

If you want Jack gone, pick up the phone and call your boy Jim. All you do is piss and moan on this board.

Cool Hand, if I want to piss, I'll piss on your face.

HD

And your wife would be a widow

Any your wife would.......oops, I forgot. You don't have a wife. You have a manfriend!

HD

Varsity Bulldog Bluedawg has turned a few heads around hereBluedawg has turned a few heads around here
    As I was listening to the game I was thinking run Smith straight at them or throw down field. Please, please don't throw anything like a wide receiver screen. I knew that Tech had really dodged the bullet when the Spartan dropped the easy TD pick. So what does Tech do? Uhhhhhhhhhhh

Not having seen the play or any of the game it is difficult to assess how good or bad the play calling was. However, I have already seen enough against Penn St. and the others.

Poor coaching (ie play calling) probably lost this game for Tech.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    "The INT was only 2 plays after a Spartan CB got a fantastic jump and almost intercepted the first screen pass on the line of scrimmage (on the other side). It was the SAME dang play. They looked like carbon copies of each other. Had the Spartan CB not dropped the first pass, he could have EASILY run untouched for a TD too. Two plays later, he did it anyway because we were stupid enough to run the same TELEGRAPHED play again." - Hog

That receiver was not supposed to get the ball. There was a blitz, so there was no time to hit one of the two receivers running straight up the field. Luke made the decision to go to short receiver, who was but a decoy. It still might have worked, but Luke hesitated. This was not a coaching error.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg
    "The INT was only 2 plays after a Spartan CB got a fantastic jump and almost intercepted the first screen pass on the line of scrimmage (on the other side). It was the SAME dang play. They looked like carbon copies of each other. Had the Spartan CB not dropped the first pass, he could have EASILY run untouched for a TD too. Two plays later, he did it anyway because we were stupid enough to run the same TELEGRAPHED play again." - Hog

That receiver was not supposed to get the ball. There was a blitz, so there was no time to hit one of the two receivers running straight up the field. Luke made the decision to go to short receiver, who was but a decoy. It still might have worked, but Luke hesitated. This was not a coaching error.
    I sounds like it worked perfectly to me. The receiver didn't get the ball. :lol:

Puppy hamellontrial is on the way down
    What i heard was that the blitz was picked up. But Luke pissed his pants again.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    I wasn't there, but I was told by someone who saw the film that his only other choice was to try to avoid the sack. Luke made a mistake, but comments about urine are not necessary, even in the pit.

Luke, if you read this garbage, assine comments like the last post come with the territory of being a 1-A quarterback. Ignore these ignorant fools, and keep your head in the game. We need you for Boise, and especially for next year. Don't let these idiots get you down.

+ Reply to Thread