+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RPI favorable schedule

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    OK folks, for those of you who want to complain about our schedule, let me point out one MAJOR thing.

Texas, Florida and Mississippi State are expected to be ranked. Those are big time RPI boosters.
    The bracket busters game is likely to be a high RPI team. Another RPI booster.
    The DII games do not count towards RPI thus they do not hurt our RPI.
    Tulsa should be ranked. Another good RPI team.
    The WAC will actually hurt our RPI more than our OOC.

All in all that gives us a VERY high RPI because of SOS as long as we perform marginally well in conference. In fact, if we finish 3rd as advertised, we should make the NCAA tournament.

IMHO, that is supurb scheduling as far as getting what matters. An NCAA bid.

GO DAWGS!!!

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    I agree with you on the non-conference games helping us but I wish we had a couple of decent teams coming to TAC instead of Milsaps and Harding. I realize this is beating a dead horse but it doesn't make it any better. Arkansas State and UALR are a couple of teams that come to mind. I know they would want us to return the game at their place next year but so be it. They would draw better than these 2.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    Honestly, I would rather play the teams we are playing at home and get another NIT or NCAA bid. Scheduling D2 schools is smart when you are not in a BCS conference. RPI is the single most important factor in getting "in." They say it isn't but when Jerry Palm guessed ALL at-large teams last season using a little knowhow and the RPI, it said mountains about how used it actually is.

I am sure Tech loved having ULL and Vandy come in last season. I'll take Milsaps and Harding at home every season if it helps keep our RPI high enough to avoid being ignored come tourney time. If we can work a deal to get a big time school in Ruston, then we should do it. Otherwise, keep the non-RPI factor games on the schedule.

+ Reply to Thread