+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WAC Incentive Fodder From Rice

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    Today's Houston Chronicle had a big article about the Rice women's program. There was a big focus on Rice's narrow (57-56) win over the Techsters last year, the first time Rice has ever beaten Tech.

One of the players -- Center, Johnetta Hayes -- made a lot of quoted comments that just might provide a little incentive for the Techsters. Hayes said that "there's no team in the WAC capable of beating them or stopping them, that they only way they could lose is if they beat themselves."

I have to wonder if the interviews for the piece took place before Tech pasted Texas Tech. ( Which, BTW, got very good ink here in Houston.)

At any rate, some Techster fan close to the team needs to take this and give it to the Techsters for bulletin board board material for the WAC race, and especially the meetings with Rice.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pup60
    One of the players -- Center, Johnetta Hayes -- made a lot of quoted comments that just might provide a little incentive for the Techsters. Hayes said that "there's no team in the WAC capable of beating them or stopping them, that the only way they could lose is if they beat themselves."
    I would take those comments as a complement to the Lady Techster team. Their shouldn't be any team in the WAC that could beat Tech other than Tech.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Rice will be pretty good this year and I sure hope they make the top 25 and stay in it. That helps us tremendously.

I do think, however, that we will absolutely PASTE them in both games this year. Last year we completely demolished them at the TAC. You would have thought we were playing Centenary. They we fell apart and they played well in Houston. I think both games this year will have plenty of incentive for the Techsters.

+ Reply to Thread