+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A list we'd rather have missed!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    The Nov. 13, 2002, Arkansas Democrat Gazette listed the nonconference teams beaten by the Hogs to give them a 16-game non-conference regular-season winning streak.
    Tech gave them the first victory in that streak, or maybe the referees did, in 1997 when the Bulldogs led most of the game but lost 17-13 in LR.
    That 4-point loss was the closest an OOC team has come to beating the HOGS in the REGULAR season since except for UNLV's 14-10 loss in 2001.
    The Hogs played all their regular-season OOC games at LR or Fayetteville over that stretch except for beating Memphis 23-9 in Memphis in 1998 and SMU 26-0 in Dallas in 1999.
    The victims included ULL in 98 and ULM in 99 and 2000. ULL gets a chance to add a second entry and the 17th straight win for the Hogs OOC this saturday in fayetteville.
    Other victims were Middle Tenn., SW Mo. State, Boise in 2000 by 38-31 and by 41-14 in 2002, Weber State in 2001 (substituting for North Texas), Central Fla., South Fla., and Troy State.
    The win over Louisiana Tech occurred before Houston Nutt took over the Hog team.
    I check the papers up here for mentions of Tech and find some good ones at times, but this list is one we shouldn't be on and one I could have done without seeing, even though it isn't an embarassing defeat. We beat Bama that year but gave it up to the HOGS.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    I saw that game also. Took my wife and 2 kids. The 4 tickets cost me $100.00 total and the concession was another $25 or so. We sat in the end zone and saw Tech really dominate the game and wind up losing. I saw that article this morning and was thinking of some of the same things you posted. The thing that jumped out at me was how weak the OOC games were that UA played. I have a feeling that streak will come to an end next year at Austin.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    I expected Boise to end the Hogs' regular-season OOC winning streak in September and it might have happened if the Hog defense hadn't come out fast and put Dinwiddie in the hospital!

Puppy Broncomaniac is an unknown
    I expected Boise to end the Hogs' regular-season OOC winning streak in September and it might have happened if the Hog defense hadn't come out fast and put Dinwiddie in the hospital!

OK. Time to get realistic for a minute. Boise State lost to Arkansas because they were unprepared for the game.

This is one Boise State fan that will no longer make excuses for the team.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncomaniac
    This is one Boise State fan that will no longer make excuses for the team.
    With a team like yours there is no need to make excuses.

Puppy LR Dog is an unknown
    Aubrey, if you remember the 96' game with Arkansas, Jason (Tech Quarterback) got pounded with one too many late hits and Coach Crowton pulled him from the game.

It was obvious the SEC-less referees with ArkSCAMSas ties were not going to call roughing the passer. Tech led that game 21-0 at half but holding calls and others came in flurries and Arkscams finally took the lead in the fourth quarter.

I'm sure cheap shots were aplenty for Dinwiddie as well. :wink:

I was rooting for your guys to win at Fayetteville. However, I must respectfully say that I sincerely hope you guys have to think up some excuses this afternoon!
    But I don't want the excuse to be that someone was injured!
    If our guys are better prepared and want it enough, they can........

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LR Dog
    Aubrey, if you remember the 96' game with Arkansas, Jason (Tech Quarterback) got pounded with one too many late hits and Coach Crowton pulled him from the game.

It was obvious the SEC-less referees with ArkSCAMSas ties were not going to call roughing the passer. Tech led that game 21-0 at half but holding calls and others came in flurries and Arkscams finally took the lead in the fourth quarter.

I'm sure cheap shots were aplenty for Dinwiddie as well. :wink:
    Jason Martin hurt his knee on a non-call late hit as he threw a touchdown pass to Chad Mackey and was forced out of the game. Our backup QB 5-11 Chad Burks came in, played well, and threw 2 TD passes (one to Troy Edwared and one to Bobby Ray Tell).

We led 21-0 at the half and 21-17 with less than 10 minutes to go in the game. Should have won... dern SEC refs.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Make that a 17-game streak after the Razorbacks' overwhelming 24-17 decision over the L branch of ULX.

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg
    Make that a 17-game streak after the Razorbacks' overwhelming 24-17 decision over the L branch of ULX.
    Much closer than I thought it would be. Although Arkansas doesn't appear to be that intimidating this year. They've had their share of off-field problems this year.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg
    Now, this makes sense - Arkansas KILLS Boise State and barely beats ULL. Hope ULL isn't REALLY getting that much better while regressing BADLY!

+ Reply to Thread