+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4 rides to give out?

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar
    maybe we can get the girls from destrehan and gibsland.

Martin Asks For Release from Louisiana Tech
    Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2002
    RUSTON - Former Oak Grove prep star and freshman forward Laura Beth Martin has been granted her release from the Louisiana Tech women's basketball team, according to Lady Techster head coach Kurt Budke.

Martin, who is planning to attend medical school following her undergraduate work at Tech, requested the release, citing time restraints as the main reason for her decision.

"Being a Lady Techster was a great opportunity for me," said Martin. "Although I was only part of the program for a short time, I learned life long lessons. It's sad to think that I will never play basketball again, but at the same time I realize there is more to life than basketball."

The 6-foot-2-inch Martin, who graduated from Oak Grove in 2002 as the valedictorian, led the Lady Tigers to district championships and Sweet 16 appearances in the LHSAA state playoffs in 2000 and 2002.

"Laura Beth is a classy young lady who gave us everything she had," Budke said. "I completely understand and support her decision. The time restraints on student-athletes are tough, but even more so for someone who plans to attend medical school."

Martin's decision leaves Budke with 12 scholarship players on this year's squad

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar
    how many signees did we lose? was christmas the only one, and what is her status?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Christmas was the only one for academic reasons. That gives us the two that we have verbals on plus the one now for Martin and one more - I believe. That would give us 4 in total to give out next year with two going to the girls from Minden and Ruston.

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar
    The girl from Gibsland and the girl from Destrahan would be great fit for those two scholarships.

Big Dog farright30 is an unknown farright30's Avatar
    Word is that Sentimore from Destrehan is signing with Miss State.

Puppy BULLDAWG is an unknown
    We need to find a good 6'3'' or over post player with that last ride. We lose Ford next year and won't have anyone over 6'2''. We will have no backup center next year behind Harding, who probably is more a power forward than center.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    I agree Bulldawg! We need a real bruiser in the middle. Ford looks to be a huge loss.

+ Reply to Thread