+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2003 Recruiting Class

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    What a class we have going- Paul Millsap and Solomon Brown- two players ranked in top 50 coming out of their senior seasons in High School at two positions we needed to sign great players at. If we lose Brown, Wilder, Felton, Meeking, and Johnson then I guess we will have 5 or 6 scholarships to offer this year? Three will go to Barry Thompson, Millsap and Brown. Who else might we sign? It looks like we need another big man and a SG maybe. Does Jay Jackson play PG or SG?

This is a GREAT class so far and if the football team doesn't get its act together they are going to be losing ground FAST to the basketball team. If we can get 20k to show up and watch a game why can't we get 7-8k to show up and watch a really good team in a good conference?

CONGRATULATIONS Coach Richard-keep up the great work and finish up strong! These signings should do nothing but help get more great players.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg
    If we can get 20k to show up and watch a game why can't we get 7-8k to show up and watch a really good team in a good conference?
    My take on this is that football is a "weekend event" and that people come from much farther distances to see football games.

However, I have a feeling that, if this team lives up to expectations, they will begin to draw much better crowds, especially for the bigger games (Tulsa, Hawaii, Fresno...)

We shall see.

I agree... It is a great class so far! Nice work coaches!

Varsity Bulldog TUfan is an unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg
    If we lose Brown, Wilder, Felton, Meeking, and Johnson then I guess we will have 5 or 6 scholarships to offer this year?
    The most you could sign is five in a season (9 in two years) per NCAA guidelines. If you signed five last year (I don't think you did), you could sign four this year.

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar
    Because Thompson signed last year his scholarship counts against that class of three signees. So we can and will sign 5. Look for 3 more in the spring.

Puppy KerrDog is an unknown
    That is incorrect. Barry Thompson will count against this year's recruiting class according to a friend of mine who is "in the know". We will only have 2 to give in the spring and I wouldn't be surprised if we back off of Jackson.

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar
    I just wonder what Jackson is thinking. Every school that has offered him besides Tech has already signed a player to play his position. It was be a shame if he gets left like Antonio Lawrence.

Last spring Lawrence went back and forth between Fresno and Georgia basically seeing who would give him the best deal. Both schools filled their scholarships cause they couldn't afford to wait for him and get stuck without a player. Fresno said he could walk on and he ended up going to San Jose.

+ Reply to Thread