+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Predictions vs. FLORIDA

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar
    Well, it's the first game of the year! Are we ready to rumble? Ok everybody, give me your predications for the first game of the year! Will we win? Stay within 5 or 10 points? Let me hear it!!!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    I say the Dunkin' Dawgs beat the Gators by 8.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    I go out in the yard occasionally and shoot hoops by myself ... well actually my 14 month old son likes to watch and laugh at me.

I then do a little bit of Miss Cleo and ask Yes/No questions while putting up wild shots while asking "optimistic" questions. If they go, that is what will happen. If not, then ... oh well. Here is what I came up with for this season.

Tech will defeat Florida, Mississippi State, Alabama and Texas
    .... I got on a hot streak and hit 4 miracles in a row
    We will lose once to Tulsa, but beat them the second time
    .... OK so I missed one, but I sank that second one from way downtown
    We will lose one more WAC game.
    .... OK, that was a terrible shot. At least I hit the rim
    and the conference tournament
    .... I am cold folks
    We will also lose in the first round of the tournament. ***
    .... Can't buy a bucket
    We will get a bad seed in the NCAA's despite our great record and supurb RPI.
    .... With the wild shot!!! Finally!

I forgot to ask "the shots" what our bad seed was. There you go folks. If you like Miss Cleo, here you have your very own Ggoose. I accept checks, credit cards, direct deposit, cash, other liquid assets and PayPal.

So, yeah ... I say we win.

*** If I were to put up a shot from 3/4 court and ask "Will some vocal Tech fans be upset, if my scenario comes to pass?" it WILL go in.

Puppy McCownforHeisman is an unknown
    In all honestly the gators will be fired up and i think they beat us by 3

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
    What the hey:

DAWGS 98- gators 78

You saw it here first (and last?) :P :P :P

Puppy vernon1945 is an unknown
    Hope I am wrong but Gators 85 Tech 68

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    I think we'll give em all they want but their crowd will make a difference down the stretch. Florida comes from behind and wins 75-73.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vernon1945
    Hope I am wrong but Gators 85 Tech 68
    wha? Have I missed something??? Why do you think the Dawgs lose by almost 20 points? Is Bicknell gonna coach 'em? :wink:

Tech 84
    UFlorida 79

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    Hope you're right Turbo.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    Predicting these games this early is almost impossible, but it is fun to try. I hope for a very close game, and there is a good possibility that is what we will see. We have a lot of talent, and I think it will be deep. However, I thought that last year, and Richard chose to stick with primarily with the first seven. If we are as deep as I think we are, we will be in this game to the end. Thus, I predict a three point game. It will come down to whether or not we have someone who can step up at the end of the game and take the big shot.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    Louisiana Tech 71 - Florida 69

As I understand it (could be wrong though), if we beat Florida we'll play either Boise State or E. Illinois
    Then if we win that one its on to Madison Square Garden <this would give the Dawgs a ton of Top 25 votes from the east coast media-hypesters>.
    ________
    LovelyWendie
    Last edited by DogsWin; 04-18-2011 at 08:43 PM.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Dang it Cliff. You got me pumped just thinking of the possibilities. Can you imagine a top 25 ranked men's Tech team that early in the season? We'll hang around there for the whole season if that is the case.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    I have no ideal how good Florida's young players and freshman are but they'll be playing some experienced Bulldogs and I think that leans in our favor. Plus all of their injuries and it looks like a pretty good chance for the DAWGS to do something on ESPN but Florida at home will NOT be an easy victory and remember they are ranked #7 for a reason. I'll take a 32-31 win if we could get it.

Wouldn't it be funny for the basketball team to give up less points than our defense!

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar
    I'll say 87-81, us.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ARKDAWG02
    Hope you're right Turbo.
    Me too.

Vern's pick just baffled me. I think a Florida blow out is about as likely as a Tech blow out -- not impossible, but not likely. Especially looking at the matchup on paper, thinking about the talent and depth we've got, and what we did last year. Last year we had losses to some top teams -- Iowa, Oklahoma, Tulsa -- that we had more than a chance to win, won the rebounding battle convincingly, but lost on free throws at the end.

We've got a good team, and there's no reason that I can see not to think that we can not only hang, but beat these guys.

Also, there's no prize involved in picking the score. So if you correctly pick a Tech loss, you win nothing but the knowledge that you correctly predicted the demise of your team. :wink:

Revised prediction:

Dawgs 102
    Gators 77

+ Reply to Thread