+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Byrd wins first playoff game in 38 years

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar
    My Yellow Jackets have finally won a playoff game. This is the first time in my life they've won a playoff game. They beat Jesuit 27-7. Next they get Catholic Baton Rouge.

All four Shreveport-Bossier 5A schools won Friday night; Byrd, Airline, Huntington and Evangel. Natchitoches and West Monroe won, Ruston and Ouachita lost.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Ruston lost to Catholic last night here in Baton Rouge. I listened to the tail end of the game on the radio coming back from the gathering of Tech fans here last night. The final score for Ruston was 24-20 so it was a tight game that ended in a hard rain - or at least where I was.

The Catholic High announcers got the word that Byrd was on their way to Baton Rouge last night as the game was wrapping up - and they were only to happy for your 1st playoff victory so they could get another home game.

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg
    My Yellow Jackets have finally won a playoff game. This is the first time in my life they've won a playoff game. They beat Jesuit 27-7. Next they get Catholic Baton Rouge.

All four Shreveport-Bossier 5A schools won Friday night; Byrd, Airline, Huntington and Evangel. Natchitoches and West Monroe won, Ruston and Ouachita lost.
    The Shreveport schools love the new seeding system. All through the 90s Byrd would win the District 1-5A title and get a home playoff game only to be thrashed by Ruston, Neville, Ouachita, or West Monroe, whichever team out of 2-5A was the third or fourth place team. The intermingling of the Monroe schools and the Shreveport schools plus the rise of Evangel has made Shreveport schools a lot more competitive in recent years. They finally realized what it takes to play with the big boys.

Good luck to your Yellow Jackets at Catholic next week. Catholic just got over a hard-fought game with Ruston, so even though it's on the road, I have to give the advantage to Byrd.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Catholic is always overrated and has been since Warrick Dunn made an impact at Florida State. They are one of the bigger name schools down here, so they get alot of attention. I think Byrd will win this game easily.

Varsity Bulldog HounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the rough
    Shreveport / Destin / Toledo Bend/Grand Isle
    We never lose our spirit, that is plain to see, for we are the Jackets, the Byrd High Yellow Jackets, we are the jackets... la de la la, la......

Those runs around the block on cold days were tough -- especially the last leg coming back up the hill with lungs burning..

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar
    I don't see Byrd having any advantage. Two of the three teams we lost to this, Ruston and Ouachita, lost in the first round.

Ruston won 35-17 or something like that.

Varsity Bulldog HounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the rough
    Shreveport / Destin / Toledo Bend/Grand Isle
    ahhhhhhhh 38 Longggggg years.

Gene Hunt at QB, Roby Odom at FB and Jogger Johnson at HB!

JD COX LIVES!!!!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Congrats Sport. I'm glad to see some of the Shreveport/Bossier teams doing well. The Byrd win over WM was a big one, but beating Airline last week and becoming co-champ in the district was BIG. This is high school football, so who knows about the game with Catholic. Good luck.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    This is high school football, so who knows about the game with Catholic. Good luck.
    I know. Catholic is overrated. Put your money on Byrd.

Varsity Bulldog solo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the rough
    I'm not sure how, but I think there is a conspiracy against Captain Shreve. They only made the playoffs my senior year and then Tommy Banks ran it all over us in the first round. Whats the word...Beat Byrd

Puppy Flutedawg is an unknown Flutedawg's Avatar
    It's about time!!
    When I attended Byrd from 1992 to 1996, the team made it to the playoffs twice. Unfortunately we lost both times, first against Ruston, then against Glen Oaks in Baton Rouge. This is so great for the school!!

Way to go Yellowjackets!

+ Reply to Thread