+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Read this

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar
    This is what Techasdog (I think I spelled it right) sent to me. I wouldn't have embarassed him and posted it, but since he called me an idiot I will:

Rooster: I don't know how many games you have attended in the locker room at the half, under I don't know how many coaches, but I strongle suspect the answer is "ZERO" Most of you guys who talk like you know so much don't have a clue. After the team has spend a week of practice on the game plan they intend on using, what kind of 'adjustments' do you really think that the coaches can make in the locker room at halftime? You have 20 minutes if you are lucky, and most of that time is spent on checking the condition of the players, attending to any injuries that have occurred, everybody taking a pottie break, some changing equipment, and other major and minor distractions. Please enlighten me on what kind of 'adjustments' a coach can make? Please tell me what your credentials are. I would really be interested to know.

TD

Just to let you guys know the whole story, this is what I posted back:

TD-
    Having played football my entire life, almost walking on at Tech, having coached it the last 2 years in high school. There are my credentials. I know I'm no Kirk Herbstreit, but I do know a little about the game. Every football team in America goes into a game w/ a game plan, on Offense and Defense. At halftime if you are losing 31-0, obviously, you need to make some defense and halftime adjustmenst b/c what you are doing abviously isn't working as the score would indicate and offense isn't working either, so let's change it up a little. Likewise if you go into halftime losing 31-28, the offense is clicking but the defense isn't, so some defensive adjustments must be made. Likewise, if you go into halftime down 3-0, the defense is clicking and some offensive adjustmenst must be made. Halftime adjustments are a major part of the game. You don't stick to something if it doesn't work. If a gameplan is to run the ball off the tackles. If we have 11 yards rushing at the half off the tackles, do you think I would do the same thing in the second half? Hell NO, I would run the ball outside of the ends, pass some, etc... Obviously, if you look at one of the post on the football page, the scores are posted by quarter for each game this season. If we have been playing almost every team close in the first half, how do you explain us getting our ass kicked every second half? The coaches for the opposing team made the halftime adjustments, where we didn't b/c out idiot of a coach says they are over-rated. If your game plan on defense was to play a base w/out bringing the blitz, and the opposing QB has passed for 185 yards in the first half. In the second half, I'm going to bring the blitz from different places, or stop it all together and drop them into coverage if it isn't working. I could give you thousands of halftime adjustments that my junior high and high school coaches made. We even did stuff in the game that we didn't practice, b/c we had to adjust to something different. I know that would be rocket science though to Bicknell b/c halftime adjustmenst are over-rated. My high school playing record in 4 years is 45-8, as a coach 19-4 w/ a state championship, not bragging just the facts. Maybe you and Bicknell could come to my house and we could watch some film together on how every team but Louisiana Tech in Division 1A makes halftime adjustmenst but us b/c our coach says they are over-rated. People like you need to wake up and smell the shit Bicknell is full of. I could literally give 4 examples of how much the players do not rspect Bicknell b/c some very good friends of mine played for him. But I won't b/c i don't have the credentials.

Rooster- class of 1999

I'm just trying to defend myself since I was called and idiot, and most of us on here don't know what the hell is going on in the game of football.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar
    Damn Rooster, thats a hell of a record. Someday Tech may be trying to hire you!

Puppy stephch2 has turned a few heads around herestephch2 has turned a few heads around here stephch2's Avatar
    Wow Rooster,

What are you doing on Saturdays next fall? Would you like to relocate to the wonderful piney woods of North Louisiana and give us Tech fans some hope? Or at least offer some consultation at hafltime?

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar
    Sorry for the goof, Rooster. My understanding was that you never advanced past 'flag football' in grade school. I am extremely impressed with your credentials, and strongly urge you to send your resume to La Tech, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, and Florida State. I'm sure you'll get a lot of offers you can't refuse. By the way, I never called you an idiot. That was your word. I just said it takes one to know one.

TD
    ~~

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechsasDawg
    Sorry for the goof, Rooster. My understanding was that you never advanced past 'flag football' in grade school. I am extremely impressed with your credentials, and strongly urge you to send your resume to La Tech, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, and Florida State. I'm sure you'll get a lot of offers you can't refuse. By the way, I never called you an idiot. That was your word. I just said it takes one to know one.

TD
    ~~
    TD,
    Are you a democrat? You must be, b/c my credentials are not the issue, but that is what you are focusing on. The main issue of discussion was halftime adjustments, in our case lack of by our coaching staff. So you think the coaches can't make halftime adjustments? Do you still think that? If you do, you are the only person on this board. You democrats are really good about changing the focal point on a debate.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    [quote:ac75b06bed="TechsasDawg"]Sorry for the goof, Rooster. My understanding was that you never advanced past 'flag football' in grade school. I am extremely impressed with your credentials, and strongly urge you to send your resume to La Tech, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, and Florida State. I'm sure you'll get a lot of offers you can't refuse. By the way, I never called you an idiot. That was your word. I just said it takes one to know one.

TD
    ~~
    TD,
    Are you a democrat? You must be, b/c my credentials are not the issue, but that is what you are focusing on. The main issue of discussion was halftime adjustments, in our case lack of by our coaching staff. So you think the coaches can't make halftime adjustments? Do you still think that? If you do, you are the only person on this board. You democrats are really good about changing the focal point on a debate.[/quote:ac75b06bed]

Rooster, you are doing what you blame TD for doing by focusing on whether or not he is a Democrat or Republican, so either you're a Democrat too, or that is a Republican trait. So which is it?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Rooster, you are doing what you blame TD for doing by focusing on whether or not he is a Democrat or Republican, so either you're a Democrat too, or that is a Republican trait. So which is it? - Dirty

WHAAAT??

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Rooster,

Why would you post something on a public board that someone has sent you under the cover of a PERSONAL MESSAGE?

Varsity Bulldog HounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the rough
    Shreveport / Destin / Toledo Bend/Grand Isle
    TD,

Hmmmmm, and I thought Miami of Ohio was the nations' cradle of coaches. Little did I know that it had shifted south and was right next door in Mississippi. I always DID say the south was gonna rise again!!!

And if people keep using that vulgar "D" word, (D-E-M-O-C-R-A-T) I may have to stay off of this board completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    Rooster,

Why would you post something on a public board that someone has sent you under the cover of a PERSONAL MESSAGE?
    B/c he in not all of the words called me an idiot

Puppy hamellontrial is on the way down
    Rooster,
    I'm a little curious what "almost walking on" is.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Hamellontrial,
    I almost walked on to play basketball at the UA when I was 38 years old.
    However, I was not sure I would have been considered eligible at that age and Eddie Sutton said I couldn't take my stilts on the court!

Honestly, the perceived insult provoked Rooster and the posts got off the topic, which should be analysis of football, I think.
    We all agree that halftime adjustments have been needed all year and much of last year for Tech to win.
    On the other hand, coaches do have to be quick thinkers to get the adjustments planned DURING the first half and TAUGHT in some cases or at least COMMANDED during halftime.
    I think all would agree that better execution of the game plan that student athletes have been taught at the beginning of the week and tested on in WRITING and on the practice field late in the week may be the thing needed in many cases.
    In fact, second-half plans should be part of the well-written game plan. The adjustments should be built into the plan, to be made as the situation dictates. Most adjustments don't involve something secret or unique, just the right change.
    We all agree that successful coaches MOTIVATE athletes however it has to be done or game plans are not followed and adjustments don't work.
    Coach Bicknell appears to be a dignified, restrained young man who may lack the self-confidence to run up and down the sidelines jumping up and down and getting the fans and players into the game when it counts. And such activity may not seem appropriate to him.
    I don't KNOW what goes on in the Tech locker room. I don't know what is missing.
    Whether by the head coach or another member of the staff, however, both motivation and technical planning have to get done.
    Rooster, I agree that it is inappropriate to post someone's email unless they ask you to post it.
    If I email you or speak to you outside the hearing of others, I would expect my words NOT to be quoted by you. In the role of reporter, however, I would remind you in the role of coach that my purpose was publication and your words should be carefully considered. Your credentials suggest that you by now have probably experienced being quoted out of context or quoted when you were saying something you thought was off the record.

Quote Originally Posted by hamellontrial
    Rooster,
    I'm a little curious what "almost walking on" is.
    Didn't get a scholarship out of high school, but wanted to play. Got to Ruston realized I was not big enough and not fast enough to play at the college level.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    [quote:2ad54c752c="Dwayne From Minden"]Rooster,

B/c he in not all of the words called me an idiot[/quote:2ad54c752c]

That is still no reason for putting something out on a public board that they had sent you in private, when they were trying to handle it in a private manner...

Do not do it again - handle it in private or out in the open, but don't violate someone's expectation to privacy - especially a respected poster like Ross...

My question is that in 1999 the gripe on Bicknell was that he was TOO hard and even the seniors were pissed about this and threw a fit about it -

I know this teams lacks discipline and he makes MORONIC coaching moves and decisions on NO decisions - but what is happening discipline wise right now may be a direct correlation between the revolt in 1999 -

So that begs the question - can Tim Rattay, James Jordan etal - be blamed for this year's disciplinary problems?

+ Reply to Thread