+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We need a new coaching staff NOW

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar
    Folks, we are almost at the level of the ULX's of the world. We have ZERO coaching & leadership.

It is time for our AD & Prez to make "adjustments" before Bicknell tanks our program. We are on life support right now.

Maybe our players will go to the AD and Prez and tell them Bicknell and company must go.

The ENTIRE football staff is a disgrace to the university.

Bicknell allows racism to take place, allows our players to do drugs and drink non stop, covers up horrible actions by his coaching assistants, recruits suspect D1A players via NCAA violations and infractions and we still allow him to be head coach.

Even if we were WAC champions, his leadership abilities need to be reviewed with a fine toothcomb. Our coaching staff is the laughing stock of the WAC. With no coaching and leadership abilities it is clear that change is necessary now.

The ball is in Jim Oakes' court. Will he have the intestinal fortitude to step up and cloean house? I doubt it because he has allowed the shady dealings of the Tech football program to continue with no recourse on the coaching staff.

Poor coaching and leadership - it is a book written by Jim Oakes and Jack Bicknell III.

Puppy coacheskid2 is an unknown
    Since you are so fricking smart about the coaching staff name some covered up actions about every single coach on staff. if not dont say all assts. Also if you can do such a better job go ahead and send in your resume so we can start bashing you next season. Yeah its frustrating that we're terrible this year but why blame the whole staff they can only do what Bicknell allows them to do. Better yet dont apply for the head job apply as an advisor to the next staff and lend them your valuable coaching experience and philosophies.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    Do you have any specific instances where you know of racism, or players drinking or using drugs? Do you know first hand of coaches doing shady things as you put it? Who are you that you supposedly know so much about the behind the scenes happenings in this program. Are you at practice and in the locker room every day? You had better be able to back up that kind of posting because if you can't you should be banned from the board for good.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar
    Coacheskid,

I would fire EVERYONE and only look at bringing back Hines, Smith and Jackson.

Sorry if you have a problem with that.

"Do you have any specific instances where you know of racism, or players drinking or using drugs? Do you know first hand of coaches doing shady things as you put it?" - Arkdawg2

YES, very specific.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    Sorry, I just have a real problem with posts that level those kind of charges in a forum like this.

Varsity Bulldog LBP is on the way down
    I think that they should be posted on here, the fans pay the coaches salaries, so I think that we have the right to know about their dirty laundry, including the players too.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    I do know one coach had some trouble on a recruiting trip. And I've heard there was an altercation between two assts, but that is heresay as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    I do know one coach had some trouble on a recruiting trip. And I've heard there was an altercation between two assts, but that is heresay as far as I know.
    that recruiting trip is just the tip of the iceburg :-(

We booted our baseball coach due to actions by some of his players - Our football coach should be held to the same standards.

Quote Originally Posted by coacheskid2
    Also if you can do such a better job go ahead and send in your resume so we can start bashing you next season. Better yet dont apply for the head job apply as an advisor to the next staff and lend them your valuable coaching experience and philosophies.
    Take your father out of the equation and I have almost as much D1 coaching experience outside of Louisiana Tech than all of our other coaches combined.

Think about it and you will begin to understand our problems.

Quote Originally Posted by LBP
    I think that they should be posted on here, the fans pay the coaches salaries, so I think that we have the right to know about their dirty laundry, including the players too.
    Most people know the horrible situations that have taken place.

Just like our awful attendance and athletic financial situations, nothing is being done about it.

Louisiana Tech - were our problems are swept under a mat until they get so big that we have to ask one of 4 boosters to bail us out. :-(

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    What about the altercation between a particular SR LB and the one of our young former GA coaches after the Rice game.

No DISCIPLINE!!!

Puppy bigdawg99 is an unknown
    Those of us who are actually close to those in the program know what is going on. Between the head coach wanting to leave and the AD being spineless, this kind of thing happens. Our head coach is a joke, he doesn't allow our coaches to do their job, he babies the players, and when he could be fund raising, having camps, and promoting the program, he is in Vermont for six weeks. I hope next summer he takes Oakes with him and they both don't come back. (I don't want them to die or anything, just wish they would leave Ruston!)

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    This thread epitomizes the difference between legitimate journalism and the self-publishing of opinion on the Internet.
    Unsubstantiated charges simply are not published in ethical media outlets of any kind.
    If a person believes the charges are correct and should be known by fans on this board or anyone else, he should address those he believes need to know directly through email, real mail, telephone or face-to-face and DOCUMENT his charges.
    Otherwise, such statements need to be deleted by those who occasionally do a bit of editing of this board.
    WHO SAID WHAT?
    We don't even know the name of the poster on the board tossing out the charges. We don't know how he gathered whatever information he is sharing here.
    It appears to be an attack on the university as it stands.
    If the poster is afraid to post his name, at least he can document his information by email to anyone here who requests it rather than publishing it on the board and explain at least in general terms why he doesn't post his name and take his allegations to proper authorities.
    If EVERYONE knows this stuff is true I assume it will be all available in newspapers, television, etc., within days. And it will be documented in those outlets or the accused with soon OWN those businesses!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    To Aubunique:

Believe it or not, I'm with you on this one Aub. Maybe it's because I've got a journalism background and I have an appreciation for ACCURACY in reporting.

This is not the forum to air "personal grievences" or rumors that are unsubstantiated. While I believe it's fair for fans to criticize a coach's "play calling", his W-L record, his coaching philosphy, his recruiting and just about anything else PERFORMANCE related, I also think the personal shots and unproven inuendo are bordering on silly.

Let's stick to the facts BB&Ber's. And the FACT is, Bicknell's got plenty of "PERFORMANCE" related problems that we can fault him for. We don't need to air all of his POSSIBLE and UNPROVEN dirty laundry. I don't care about that stuff anyway. I just want to know 2 things: 1) Is he a man of high morals? (and I believe he is), and 2) Can the man ---and his staff-- really COACH? (and I'm not convinced he/they can!)

HD

+ Reply to Thread