+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can Bicknell be demoted?

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar
    Just curious. I know he signed a contract extension last year. And we would have to pay about 1.0 M to buy out his contract. But maybe we could demote him from the head coach position to a positional coach (not a coordinator postition). Maybe he would quit then and we can save our 1 Million.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NTXDawg
    Just curious. I know he signed a contract extension last year. And we would have to pay about 1.0 M to buy out his contract. But maybe we could demote him from the head coach position to a positional coach (not a coordinator postition). Maybe he would quit then and we can save our 1 Million.
    I think we reassigned Peace for a few years.

Guys with all the debt we have, poor head coach, and no long term goals this may get very ugly. We may have a hard time making it past 2005. Hold on tight and pray!

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rphdawg
    Guys with all the debt we have, poor head coach, and no long term goals this may get very ugly. We may have a hard time making it past 2005. Hold on tight and pray!
    UGH - you might be right. No leadership, No discipline

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    We can't afford to keep Bicknell. We'll probably lose at least an average of 5000 fans/game next year. At $15 per ticket that's $75,000/game x 5 games = $375,000 for the year. Since he makes 200,000/year we will make $175,000 by letting him go after this season. Since he doesn't know what the problem is, how is he going to turn this thing around. If I told my boss repeatedly that I did not know how to solve a problem, I wouldn't keep my job very long. If we can't hire a good coach from the outside, we should promote Hines or Perot or Jackson or Smith before we lose a whole year recruiting. Here's another name of a head coach at a D-II school that has done well this year and that is Harding coach Randy Tribble. His team went 9-2 this year for their best record in 30 years. I think it would be wise for us to look at some of the successful coaches at the D-II schools like Chris Hatcher and Tribble.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    We'll probably lose at least an average of 5000 fans/game next year. At $15 per ticket that's $75,000/game x 5 games = $375,000 for the year - DonW

Actually if you consider the type season we should have had (7-5 at worst) that 5000 number would be closer to 7500. You also have to factor in the number of ticket sales lost for this year's UTEP and Fresno Game. No way to get a handle, but how much would it have been worth for Tech to have a full house on Dec. 5th on national T.V.? Nevermind, I don't want to think about it :cry:

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    We'll probably lose at least an average of 5000 fans/game next year. At $15 per ticket that's $75,000/game x 5 games = $375,000 for the year - DonW

Actually if you consider the type season we should have had (7-5 at worst) that 5000 number would be closer to 7500. You also have to factor in the number of ticket sales lost for this year's UTEP and Fresno Game. No way to get a handle, but how much would it have been worth for Tech to have a full house on Dec. 5th on national T.V.? Nevermind, I don't want to think about it :cry:
    Those are the types of things that SHOULD open the administration's eyes about the status of our program.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar
    You can probably figure on no TV games for next year either. When you win the WAC and get only a couple of games the next year what do you suppose you'll get when you lose big every week - Nothing! So now we've got less gate and no TV money.

Varsity Bulldog HounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the rough
    Shreveport / Destin / Toledo Bend/Grand Isle
    Just how much lost TV money are we talking about?

For what it's worth, the networks don't come after us for our record, they come because we are so good looking. :wink:

+ Reply to Thread