+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If halftime adjustments are overrated then why...

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    do so many coaches script their first 15-30 plays of the games to see what the opponents are doing so they can make adjustments?

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light
    come on dirty, he still has that COY trophy on his shelf with no dust

those other coaches are purely wasting time by trying to change a game plan after the game starts. i say run the damn wide reciever screen every freakin play!!! I love that play. how does anyone ever stop it when the COY and last year wac champs are running it! Don't change anything coach.

Reddawg

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddawg
    come on dirty, he still has that COY trophy on his shelf with no dust

those other coaches are purely wasting time by trying to change a game plan after the game starts. i say run the damn wide reciever screen every freakin play!!! I love that play. how does anyone ever stop it when the COY and last year wac champs are running it! Don't change anything coach.

Reddawg
    Your the man COACH!!!Thanks for all the memories!

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    Read what Dan Hawkins said about his half-time adjustments in the article on the start up page. That is enough about that. I don't put all of the blame of this on JB though coordinators should be doing that and we don't really know if they are making any halftime adjustments or not. JB doesn't lead on that they are and if they are they aren't working. I heard him say halftime adjustments are overrated and that could be true but to act like they are unnecessary is stupid.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar
    lunch time fun with google!

"I had to go in and make some adjustments at halftime," Michigan State coach Bobby Williams said. "I got after the team a little bit. I challenged them in all three phases of the game. They came out and responded very well."
    -- on playing Rice earlier this year.

"We did make some halftime adjustments," cornerback Jason David said. "They did slow our defense down a little bit, they changed our plan a little bit. But that's the great coaches we have, they made some great adjustments."
    -- Wasington State cornerback Jason Davis. WSU was down to 14-0, then 20-9 to Cal at the half, won 48-38.

All season, UCLA has made key coaching moves during games. Witness the Bruins' 93-10 scoring advantage in the third quarter, a testament to halftime adjustments. But last week, though, they were going to pound RB DeShaun Foster into the line the way an old-school teacher hammers lessons into hard heads. UCLA lost 20-14.
    -- some dude.

The Purple Raiders trailed 24-21 at the intermission and stopping the Rowan running game seemed an impossible task. But the total dominance we saw, both offensively and defensively, in the third and fourth quarters of that Stagg Bowl, is something I will never forget. We've seen dominance many times by the Mount Union football teams over the years, and the Purple Raiders have become famous for its halftime adjustments. But never can I recall the two being mixed together in one afternoon as was the case on that pleasant December day in 1996 when Mount Union College won its second football national title!
    -- Mt. Union fan on the Raiders' win versus Rowan in the Stagg Bowl.

Coach Tucker made some halftime adjustments that may have made the difference. She sensed that in their motion offense, “people weren’t moving” so she switched to more isolation plays because, “we felt our girls could take theirs.” It worked.
    -- Johns Hopkins came out firing in the second half and went on to beat American University 15-8 in women’s lacrosse

''This team understands the that the game is 40 minutes long,'' said Auburn coach Joe Ciampi. ''They have the self-discipline as a team to make adjustments at halftime.''
    -- Auburn women bb beats Florida

The first half of this game was a struggle for both teams. It was the most boring half of football I have ever watched and the score reflected that. Maryland went into the locker room with a 6-3 lead over Georgia Tech. Ralph Friedgen made the proper adjustments to give his players the best opportunity to make plays. These halftime adjustments are evident in the final score. Maryland outscored Georgia Tech 28-7 in the 2nd half.

After Louisiana Tech had success with passes against the man-to-man in the first half, Penn State began disguising its coverages.
    Louisiana Tech ran up 279 yards in the first half, 176 in the second. They scored on their first possession of the third quarter to pull within four points, but never again got any closer than the Penn State 49-yard line.
    "In the first half, we didn't know they were for real, I guess," Gardner said. "They came out and played us well in the first half. We just buckled down in the second half, that's all. We made big-time adjustments at halftime."
    -- Gardner is a PSU corner

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar
    Another question for Bick this week. Let's see if he is serious about his answer last week: "Coach, did you feel the need to make any half-time adjustments during the Boise game?"

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    I can answer that for him so save the time:

JB says, "No not really, I didn't think we needed to change anything. The defense was shutting them down and came up with a big turnover and our offense just missed a couple of opportunities or we are up by a TD. I think we just needed to come out in the second half and play hard and make some plays."

+ Reply to Thread