+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3 point line different for NIT

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar
    measurement changes

For the Owens Corning Preseason NIT, the three-point line will be set at 20' 6" (moved
    back nine inches from the standard NCAA distance of 19’9"), while the lane will be widened
    by two feet in each direction...Florida played with these dimensions during the exhibition games.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    GREAT isn't that convenient? Did we know about this before now? Surely the coaches did. I'm not sure we have too many weapons from 20'6" out. Is that the pro-length or international? Why is the lane wider? That doesn't make sense to me these are real games that count on your schedule why mess with this stuff?

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar
    The guys will adjust. Before the last exhibition game I watched Wilder and Dean go back and forth around the horn from NBA range. They made prob 75% of the shots they took. Heck, even Tiger went 3 for 4 from NBA range.

Tomorrow morning they'll shoot around and get used to the added distance.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    Why widen the lanes and move the 3-point line back? This is college basketball not international play. Oh well, Florida has to shoot behind the line just as we do. Most college players can make 3's from a foot behind the regular line anyway.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    I wonder if they are doing it to allow NBA scouts to check out the players. I wouldn't be surprised if the NBA made a "donation" to the NIT for this.

It looks really odd on TV.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar
    I think they use pre-season tournaments to check possible rule changes pretty often. I think they may be looking at moving it back for everyone. Usually it seems like these rules experiments don't result in changes, but I think it is a good idea. Doesn't hurt to try some new stuff to see how it works.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Interesting point. I had not thought of that. ops:

+ Reply to Thread