+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So Much for the "Wonderful" Vitale!!!!

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    Well, we obviously ran into more than we could handle on this particular night.

But the telecast by Vitale was sickening. He's always way over the top in his "blathering", but this was even over the top for him.

OK, we were outclassed!!! but I have never heard such a one sided telecast. Tech was virtually NEVER mentioned, and he was so estatic over every little move Florida made that he sounded like he was having orgasms!!!!

What a sickening piece of @#$%!!!!! I don't think Dick ever even uttered the words "Louisiana Tech"!!!

Well. so much for getting all excited about Vitale calling our game!!!

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    Not a very good way to start the season. We just never had an answer for their man defense. Meeking played well and early in the game we dominated on the boards and had a little success. At one point it was 22-20. Wilder, Edwards, Dean and Felton were a combined 2-22 from the field. I had hoped we would compete better than that and really looked for a close game.

Also, don't get to bent out of shape at Vitale. He just gets carried away sometimes. In the first half we had some nice things to say about Richard, Meeking, and he also said the bulldogs would win 20 games this season. He also had some nice things to say about Barmore and the Techsters. He also worked in a little plug for the WAC, saying they were underrated and how tough the travel is in basketball going on those long road games. He just got a little excited in the 2nd half when Florida had it under control

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar
    Damn!

And what you gonna do about some frosh stepping in and dropping 26???

We'll be alright, though. I think Kool Keith and the Dawgs will win a lot of games this year.

Big Dog Buddy1972 is an unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by ARKDAWG02
    Also, don't get to bent out of shape at Vitale. He just gets carried away sometimes. In the first half we had some nice things to say about Richard, Meeking, and he also said the bulldogs would win 20 games this season. He also had some nice things to say about Barmore and the Techsters. He also worked in a little plug for the WAC, saying they were underrated and how tough the travel is in basketball going on those long road games.
    Concur. Vitale sounded like he wanted to say more good things about us, but we didn't give him a lot of ammunition. Under the circumstances, I think he was kind.

Hope Florida is as good as they looked.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar
    Vitale was continously saying, Tech will win 20 games, mark my words, this game doesn't show what they are capable of...

You must've had your TV on mute.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    I think Vitale did a good job. I heard lots of compliments from him mostly in the first half. Meeking was to topic of most - "WHAT A MAN" was the theme if you didn't hear him.

Anyway, these commentators will always go with the winner in the second half. I would have been angry had we been winning and heard those comments in the second stanza.

I was pretty disgusted with the turnovers and not being able to break their press, but DANG Florida looked good last night. I am not sure if anyone could have beat them. Growing pains as Coach Richard stated. I think we have a lot to look forward to this year.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    Champ, I didn't think we did too bad breaking their press early on ... We broke it. It just took too long in a lot of cases and that resulted in rushed sets ...

Most of the turnovers I saw did not occur during the press, but I switched over to Hannity (and Colmes) at the end to resume my conservative brain washing therapy.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    I thought Dickie V was very complimentary of us...

Puppy JHC15 is an unknown
    What are you complaining about? We got smoked!!!! What would you have said, "Jeez, at least their uniforms are nice."

I am very concerned about the play of our back court. Meeking will be dogged by double and triple teams all year. We can't beat Slippery Rock if we turn the ball over 20+ times in a single game.

Somebody tell me something to get me in off the proverbial ledge. Tell me that basketball will not disappoint like football.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Weunice,
    I think we did alright at times, but that press was tough. We couldn't get the ball down the court many times and they turned those turnovers into big points - 28 I think.

We have a lot of work to do. I think this team will do just fine. Actually, this was good for us. While I would have loved to have beaten Florida, we needed to know where we should put our efforts right now. This sure showed us that.

I don't think anyone will be disappointed in our team this year. We will get a few wins under our belt early and then give Texas a run for their money.

Richard has shown me that he can do great things with a team. This will be one of our best years. I am not shocked by last night and I certainly don't think anyone will take us for granted this year.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar
    I'm one of the biggest Tech homers out there, but if I were calling last nights game, it would've sounded like a Florida love-fest too.

And I thought Dickie was much kinder than he could've been. And he LOVED Tiger.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC15
    What are you complaining about? We got smoked!!!! What would you have said, "Jeez, at least their uniforms are nice."

I am very concerned about the play of our back court. Meeking will be dogged by double and triple teams all year. We can't beat Slippery Rock if we turn the ball over 20+ times in a single game.

Somebody tell me something to get me in off the proverbial ledge. Tell me that basketball will not disappoint like football.
    Colvin 17-20 wins and upper division finish in the WAC with a possible NIT bid -

Could be better depending on how soon this team finds its identity - and if Tiger plays 25 games like he did last nite -

Florida will beat alot of teams by 40 pts this year, let alone 21...

Give the Dawgs about 7 games to find thier rythmn...

Based on last nite - KR will be hard pressed not to give Edwards, Woods and Dean significant minutes -

+ Reply to Thread