+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My observations from the Florida game

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar
    All in all - if we can get Woods, Dean, Edwards and Powell seasoned properly before the meat of the conference schedule - they will be successful not only this year, but for SEVERAL years to come...
    Add this recruiting class of four Top 100 players it looks like we have coming in for next season and the next few years look very nice.

This could start another run of 20 win seasons.

Puppy McCownforHeisman is an unknown
    [glow=red:b7a594d064]I agree, but who is going to shoot from the outside for us? I say play Dean and Woods at the 2 guard.[/glow:b7a594d064]
    [shadow=#FFFFFF:b7a594d064][/shadow:b7a594d064]
    I saw the game and I dont think Dean should start for us at the 2 guard. He needs to stay on the bench where he started off and work and get better. Im not taking anything away from him he will be a a good one for us one day.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute
    I was very disappointed in our performance last night. We certainly didn't play like a veteran team. I was surprised that our starting guards were so easily frazzled. They acted like they had never been defended before. I expected much more from Wilder and Felton. Hopefully that was not indicative of the season for them.

We simply do not consistently finish breaks when we have an advantage. There were times that we broke the press and blew the 2 on 1 lay-up. Meeking seemed to be the only one who could finish at all. The sad thing is, against a press like that, if you score on it about ten times, most teams will drop out of it. When we did break the press, we failed to score.

Our half court offense was subpar all night long. I attribute half of that to the fact that Wilder was off. But the other falls on poor execution and impatience. Bad passes, bad shots, and bad ball handling abounded. I'm sure this will be a week full of "solutions" from Richard.

On the positive side, Meeking was great. He displayed a variety of moves. He overpowered his defenders. And he rebounded and shot free throws well. Great effort Tiger!

Also, Edwards played with poise and confidence. I was impressed with his ball-handling and defense. Getting last year's experience under his belt has truly paid off for him.

Don't get the wrong idea, I have not written off our starting guards. I know what they are capable of. I am only disappointed and critical because I expect great things from this year's team. They are much better than they played last night. And I hope they realize it quickly!

Varsity Bulldog CYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really nice
    The game boiled down to speed. Our guards were very sloppy and found out how quick the Florida players were. When you dribble the ball behind your back and the defender intercepts it as it comes around you are in trouble.

On defense we could not keep up with their players who were slashing to the basket. On too many occasions are players were chasing the Florida player instead of defending the player.

It was a good experiance that will pay dividends as the season goes on.

Champ LouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant future
    Has anyone asked the question, Did our coaches prepare the team to play Florida? To me, and i only have a 36 inch T.V. we were not ready. Where was the D?

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light
    I heard a brief interview with Billy Donovan on ESPN radio and he said that the bulldogs were a very good team and would win a lot of games this year. He also said that Meeking was as good a low post player as they are going to see this year.

Quite a compliment from a coach of Donovan's stature.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaSelect
    Has anyone asked the question, Did our coaches prepare the team to play Florida? To me, and i only have a 36 inch T.V. we were not ready. Where was the D?
    You've forgotten more about basketball than I'll ever know, but wouldn't you agree that this Florida team was maybe as good as we'll see all year? These guys were good!! IMO the press got us all balled up. Heck, we were doing good to get the ball in at times. Of course KR must have made some "halftime adjustments", because that went a little better in the second half.

Give us your opinion of Miss. St..

Varsity Bulldog Screenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your time
    i guess it just shows us what it is like to be an SEC team and have to face that week in and week out.

we got a ways to go in basketball too! and we thought the football team sucked.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    So you've summed up the potential of our bb team by the way the played against Florida? Give me a break! Let wait to see how we do against State and Arkansas before we judge how we fare against the SEC. Better yet, lets have the budget the SEC schools do and the home team advantage over some of them and see how we do. Isn't Vandy SEC? Apples to apples man!

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screenname
    i guess it just shows us what it is like to be an SEC team and have to face that week in and week out.
    Hey Oppenheimer,

What sec team plays Florida week in and week out?

You remember Tech beat Auburn in their gym and shelled Vanderbilt in the TAC last year, right?

BEAT ARKANSAW!

+ Reply to Thread