+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Meeking knows what it takes to win

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    The following is from part of Scott Beder's article on Tiger Meeking today. I wish Tiger would have received more help from his teammates vs. #7 Florida tonight.

>>>Down to his final season in a Bulldog uniform, a new and improved Antonio Meeking has emerged. Perhaps seeing the final sands of his college career sift to the bottom have sparked him. Or perhaps just natural maturity has taken over. Whatever the case, Meeking seems poised to lead the Bulldogs.

"I'm shocked at how fast (my career) went by," Meeking said. "That's why I worked so hard this past summer to be the player I expect to be and everyone expects me to be."

Meeking attacked his offseason with a zest that both teammates and coaches took notice of - and didn't relent.

"Through the whole preseason - weights, conditioning - he was one of the top guys," said assistant coach Johnny Simmons, who coached Meeking at Farmerville High school. "He was outrunning most of the guards. He wants to be the go-to guy."

"Antonio's had a tremendous preseason," coach Richard said. "We totaled all the stats from all of our practices and went over every kid and his stats were phenomenal. He's been very, very good."

So Tech's fifth-year coach made an unprecedented move. He named Meeking team captain. It is the first time since he became the Bulldogs' head coach that he has named a captain.

"That meant a lot to Tiger," Simmons said. "That motivated him. That's something that's never been asked of him before and now (Richard) was saying 'Hey, this is your team.' "

"A lot of people say talent wins games, but it comes down to who goes out and works the hardest," Meeking said. "Talent is a big part of it, but it's the guy who runs harder and rebounds harder who wins."<<<
    ________
    IPAD CASES
    Last edited by DogsWin; 04-18-2011 at 08:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread