+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Richard's post game comments

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar
    2002-03 Florida Basketball 2002-03 Florida Basketball
    Louisiana Tech Post-Game Quotes
    Florida vs. Louisiana Tech – November 19, 2002
    Head Coach Keith Richard

"Well, coming into this game, my biggest concern playing in Gainesville, which is a huge task in itself, was
    turnovers in our half court offense. I think the Florida Gators, their press and their offense get a lot of
    media hype, but in reality, I think they play very good half court defense. If you look back on last year's
    team, their defensive field goal percentage was 40 percent, which is very, very good. I think it is underrated
    what they do in half court man-to-man defense and a little bit in their zone."

"As we came into this game, being our first game, we were really concerned about turnovers in our half
    court offense because I knew the way they break out of their half court defense on their offensive transition
    on which can lead to an easy pass, which we couldn't defend against. Somewhere in that first half, the
    turnovers started coming and really kind of poured out, which got them out to a lead and really swung the
    momentum of the game. To me, that was the story of the game. It was our inability to handle the ball in the
    half court offense against their half court defense. With that, when we did find someone else who could
    score besides Antonio Meeking, we didn’t do a good job when we went down in a motion offense, we
    weren't patient enough. These are growing pains for us."

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg04
    "To me, that was the story of the game. It was our inability to handle the ball in the half court offense against their half court defense."
    Coach Richard hit the nail on the head. Florida didn't even have to work for many of our turnover gifts. We had way too many half-hearted passes inside from two of our guards who combined for 8 of the team's 22 turnovers and hit only 1 of 13 FG attempts.

Just complete the pass inside guys and don't get in Tiger's way (20 points, 12 rebounds, & 2 blocked shots). What a MAN!
    ________
    Infant nexium
    Last edited by DogsWin; 04-18-2011 at 08:44 PM.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    That is not what Coach Richard said afterwards, this was:

"I'm frustrated and don't have any answers."

Or....am I thinking of someone else?

Didn't get to see, or even listen to the game, had other obligations. But, I was hoping for a closer finish than 21 pts. Gotta get better and in a hurry with our slate.

Even without seeing the game, I feel safe saying we miss G. Someone needs to step up at the guard spot.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    Dawg80, you should have seen the game. Richard is on it with what went wrong however, I am also certain he did not expect Florida to shoot 61% in the first half and 58% for the game. That explains why the margin is 21 and not 11.

Turnovers in the half court set got us the loss. Hot shooting by Florida got us the blowout.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by weunice
    Turnovers in the half court set got us the loss. Hot shooting by Florida got us the blowout.
    I think it was the layups and the dunks that got them the 58% FG clip and the turnovers that gave them those opportunities...

I think that Wilder and Felton will be cold and then hot all year long - Bruce Edwards seemed to be the steadying presence when we ran our offense well and they can't compare to the defense he plays...

I look at it this way - 5 minutes into the second half, we could have been beat by 40pts - our youngin's recovered and held their own -

This will probably pay big dividends later this season and especially next season...

We have got to remember how long it took G to develop into the player he was - almost half a season -

Both Woods and Dean showed they can penetrate and create the shot - know they just have to settle down enough to knock them down...

I wasn't happy with the outcome, but I think the coaching staff and especially our younger guards learned ALOT last nite...

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar
    i thought he should have put edwards in for wilder fairly early to handle that pressure. edwards is our best handler and our quickest guard.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    True about the layups but Florida wasn't exactly cold in their offensive set either. Everytime a shot lef their hands I was just hoping for a chance at a rebound. It didn't happen very much. That Walsh kid was 10-14 and yes, he had 3 dunks. The rest of those were mostly good shots.

Despite the loss I think we can put together a pretty nice team this season and make a run at an NCAA bid.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    I think you all are missing the real reason. It's so obvious. Rmember, Leon said that he had been helping in some of the practices. In Leon's last few years, he consistently lost by large margins to top ranked teams. Soooo...... :wink:

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    I think you all are missing the real reason. It's so obvious. Rmember, Leon said that he had been helping in some of the practices. In Leon's last few years, he consistently lost by large margins to top ranked teams. Soooo...... :wink:
    Damn -

You don't miss a thing...

:book:

+ Reply to Thread