+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Home Stand

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Home Stand

Tech 11 Xavier 3

Good start to this home stand.

Pretty amazing we have played only one true road game, with road game #2 not till next week at NSU.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Home Stand

Does that mean we are big time now? Big schools play mostly at home or neutral for non conference.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

LB hinted at some changes in his post game last night. Specifically, it was keeping Corona's hot bat in the lineup. It will be interesting to see how he does that if he is truly trying to rest him in each series.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Corona can DH. It's the catching, all that crouching, diving to block wild pitches, etc. that wears out a catcher. Put a good defensive catcher behind the plate and Corona can concentrate on hitting as DH, plus catching some games still, of course.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I expect the Friday game to be postponed with a double header on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Corona can DH. It's the catching, all that crouching, diving to block wild pitches, etc. that wears out a catcher. Put a good defensive catcher behind the plate and Corona can concentrate on hitting as DH, plus catching some games still, of course.
    Thanks for the input Captain.

You seemed perplexed: "it'll be interesting to see how he does that..." you said. I was just trying to help you get over your confusion. No need to thank me, I am always glad to help the lesser minds.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    LB hinted at some changes in his post game last night. Specifically, it was keeping Corona's hot bat in the lineup. It will be interesting to see how he does that if he is truly trying to rest him in each series.
    This is really rather funny when you think of the people here who have commented on Burroughs’ choices of players to play, namely who he puts in right field if it’s not Davis. It’s not all that complicated. Bench Drost. That makes a spot for either Evans or Comeaux however some of the other players are shuffled around. Burroughs has a surplus of highly capable players this year, so play the best and get past the part of giving certain players chance after chance after chance when it just isn’t paying off.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Southern Miss is coming to town riding a 2 game losing streak which is a scary thing. Y’all know they’re going to be pissed about that. Tech’s daddy coming to town in a bad mood is going to be tough. Thankfully though I think the Dawgs are capable of taking care of business as long as they play up to their capabilities.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    Southern Miss is coming to town riding a 2 game losing streak which is a scary thing. Y’all know they’re going to be pissed about that. Tech’s daddy coming to town in a bad mood is going to be tough. Thankfully though I think the Dawgs are capable of taking care of business as long as they play up to their capabilities.
    I think Lynch, Dickerson, and their other 8th year seniors have all graduated finally.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    You seemed perplexed: "it'll be interesting to see how he does that..." you said. I was just trying to help you get over your confusion. No need to thank me, I am always glad to help the lesser minds.
    Not either perplexed or confused, but thanks for the input. It’s not why he is resting Corona, although he rarely did it over the past two years, it’s what moves he will make in the other positions to make it happen. The most obvious and interesting to me is what he will do with our current DH.

Puppy LA_Bulldawg is an unknown

To piggyback, there are tons of things outside of games that coaches can do to ensure a catcher is rested. Allow them to sit out of majority of game day prep if needed (often 2-3 hours long), catching fewer pens in practice, switch workout focus (emphasis on recovery), etc.

3-4 ABs and no catching will definitely be considered a rest day for Corona that I am sure his legs will be thankful for lol.

Puppy LA_Bulldawg is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    This is really rather funny when you think of the people here who have commented on Burroughs’ choices of players to play, namely who he puts in right field if it’s not Davis. It’s not all that complicated. Bench Drost. That makes a spot for either Evans or Comeaux however some of the other players are shuffled around. Burroughs has a surplus of highly capable players this year, so play the best and get past the part of giving certain players chance after chance after chance when it just isn’t paying off.
    I agree. I do not understand the long leash. These guys had all of 2023 (.208 and .210) and now are getting several more opportunities.. I am not sure the reason. Evans is hitting .500 and only has 10 ABs. Comeaux hitting .294 with 17 ABs. What is the hesitation on putting Evans/Comeaux at 1b and having DD in RF? Also, RF is not the most complicated position in the world, is it really that farfetched to think that maybe Evans/Comeaux can mix in reps out there?

The trade-off defensively (if any at all) with drost in RF DOES NOT outweigh the benefit of a better offense.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Bulldawg View Post
    To piggyback, there are tons of things outside of games that coaches can do to ensure a catcher is rested. Allow them to sit out of majority of game day prep if needed (often 2-3 hours long), catching fewer pens in practice, switch workout focus (emphasis on recovery), etc.

3-4 ABs and no catching will definitely be considered a rest day for Corona that I am sure his legs will be thankful for lol.
    Never played catcher, so I don’t know anything about the wear and tear personally. Would it benefit Corona to be subbed for in a blowout win? Get in 5-6 innings and a few AB’s to stay sharp?

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Never played catcher, so I don’t know anything about the wear and tear personally. Would it benefit Corona to be subbed for in a blowout win? Get in 5-6 innings and a few AB’s to stay sharp?
    It would, but we lose his bat when he comes out. I know you said blowout, but even then taking a hot bat out is bad juju. The move, whatever it is, will involve Bates taking a position, but MUST include a new right fielder.

+ Reply to Thread