Last time I looked there are about 1,200 faculty and staff on the TECH campus -

Yet I only see a hand full at sporting events on campus - especially at Bulldog and Techster basketball games -

Why is that?

Is it because the price of a season ticket is so high that many can't afford the discount counted rate offered only to FULL TIME staff?

Our because many just don't care?

You would think that alot of TECH's faculty would like to try and support alot of these student athletes that are in thier classrooms.

Here is a proposal -

Almost all of these faculty and staff have a spouse and many have children...

1) Have a $20 season ticket pass for faculty - restrict them to TWO BLUE sections in the TAC - these seats are not being used anyway...

2) If the faculty/staff has a spouse - you add $5 to the cost of the pass...

3) If the faculty/staff has children - you add $1 to the cost of the pass for each child...

I know the argument will be you are already giving them a discount of about 40% on the price of a season ticket -

But these tickets are not being purchased by your faculty -

Under this plan if you have 600 faculty/staff take you up on the offer and each on of those have a spouse and two kids -

You just netted $16,200...

Under the present plan you would have to sale 135 BLUE single ticket packages or 81 COMBINATION ticket packages to make this type of change...

Plus you are getting a minimum of 2,400 increase in attendance -

Which in turn is almost 18 times or 29 times more people to BUY concessions than what you are presently getting -

How much more in concessions per game would this generate for these two programs or the school $1,500 or $2,000? Over a season $60,000?

Just tell me one GOOD reason why this can't be implemented?