+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: MISSED PREGAME???? READ THIS

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar
    Dan,

What are your solutions to the problems with the Louisiana Tech Football Program? (and do not give the standard "sell out JAS & donate to Champs" answer)

You know that there are serious problems. Please enlighten us on your ideas that will result in a successful 2003 season.

Chris

Varsity Bulldog 007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice 007dawg's Avatar
    Just wondering what Dan's credentials are ... outside of being "very succesful" in business ...

When did he graduate from Tech? What did he graduate in? What type of business is he in?

Just wondering ...

Thanks!

kirk

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Here's an idea :idea:

Let's ask our administrators to act as spokesmen for this community. Let them craft a (respectful & well-thought-out)response to Mr. Watson's column, drawing from many of the points that have been discused in this thread. Then send it to the Times.

Whether or not the Times chooses to publish it, Dan can read our rebuttal on the air. Not only would this illutrate Dan's committment to the board, it would give his listeners a better opportunity to form a more complete opinion.

Just a thought. Please consider it.

(My name can be found in my profile)

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ967
    Here's an idea :idea:

Let's ask our administrators to act as spokesmen for this community. Let them craft a (respectful & well-thought-out)response to Mr. Watson's column, drawing from many of the points that have been discused in this thread. Then send it to the Times.
    Already done. See the football folder...

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    That's already been done. See the Official Statement from BB&B announcement on the Football board. That was sent to the Times and Jimmy Watson. It was very well received, I CAN tell you that.

We chose not to respond point by point to the article, but rather issue a statement which clearly defines WHAT BB&B is, WHO it is, WHAT our overall mission is, WHAT our accomplishments have been, and our management/oversite philosophy concerning posts and conduct on the board.

TDF (Chris)

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Thanks yall. That's what happens when you're away from the board for more than a day. Dang it's hard to keep up around here!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    I believe that one or more copies of Watson's COLUMN (not an editorial, although a personal column shares the freedom to express opinion with an editorial —— an unsigned column on the editorial page that usually is assumed to represent the opinion of the newspaper or its editor or its publisher or its owner). Watson's personal column was extremely tame compared to what columnists say about other teams in other papers when they lose or don't cover the spread or whatever. I regret that Watson didn't say a FEW people on BB&B are guilty of this and that. Obviously, a lot of people have reacted as though they were guilty of saying something "annoying" or whatever as the actual perpetrators.
    I am pleased that a column about Tech was on the front page of the sports section. I hope we and the athletic teams we support will give the Times plenty of fodder for positive columns in the future.
    Because I have read decades of sports columns that were negative toward teams, coaches, players and more recently fan message boards, I consider the column tame. And I consider MOST of the criticism of our team's performance, athletic management, etc., on the message board pretty tame. However, the OVER-THE-EDGE
    posts get the attention. We shouldn't be surprised by that. A very few words in a newspaper column and on a broadcast have drawn much more attention here than they warranted!
    Everyone can read the column posted on the board.
    How many offending words did he use?
    Did they approach true insult and to whom? If to anyone they MIGHT be insulting to the few who deserve them. Most people on the board haven't insulted others or called names. Therefore, most people need not be offended by the unfortunate few words in the column.
    Suggestion:
    Ask the radio station to provide a tape of the game broadcast and pay a stenographer to transcribe it if need be to get the facts straight. Otherwise, we'll be reading misinterpretations for years. Some people are hard of hearing. Others have bad eyes. Us old people have both problems!

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    Aubrey - We asked Ed (KXKZ) if they had a tape of the pregame that we could listen to first hand to know EXACTLY what was said. Unfortunately, they did not begin recording until the 1st Q of the game so a game tape is not available.

We WILL however have a radio at the tailgate Dec. 5th so everyone can listen to the pregame who isn't in the stadium yet.

TDF (Chris)

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    I don't think you get what people are actually upset about. I'm FAR more upset that the article was given credence by being read on the air (by people we are paying to help broadcast the game). That is like McDonald's advertising on there and them saying that their hamburgers really stink during the production. And, then when questioned later (and not on the air), they could always come back and say that their fries are great....too late....damage done. Dan came on here saying there are some good things about BB&B but he sure didn't (by his own admission) on that day say anything of the sort (apart from the commercial we paid them to run). Somehow I don't think McDonald's would be advertising that much more there if they were treated that way. And, since we're out for the good of Tech we might look at things differently, but it doesn't make it right or ok for them to treat us like that.

That article deserved the audience it had in the Shreveport Times and no further promotion from Tech!

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan
    Aubrey - We asked Ed (KXKZ) if they had a tape of the pregame that we could listen to first hand to know EXACTLY what was said. Unfortunately, they did not begin recording until the 1st Q of the game so a game tape is not available.

We WILL however have a radio at the tailgate Dec. 5th so everyone can listen to the pregame who isn't in the stadium yet.

TDF (Chris)
    Many internet services (such as yahoo sports) pick up the radio broadcast and pipe it over the internet.

I'll search for an internet copy of the pregame. It is amazing how many college football radio broadcast are out there in internet land.

Come to think of it - I have never heard Dave on the internet side - it has always been the other school's radio crew that makes it to the internet. :-(

still - i'll search

+ Reply to Thread