+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MISSED PREGAME???? READ THIS

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar
    I understand that KXKZ's server did not join the broadcast till 1:57--I know that Dan Newman had wanted you all to hear this so I thought I would pass along what he said during pre game(yes I was there in the booth)--Danread the Watson article "chew on this" in it's entirety-word for word and called it the greatest artickle to describe Tech's season...he agreed with 100% and siad"Jimmy you hit the nail on the head"--he also said that he told Dwayne at the QB meeting Friday that he would not post on this board until everyone's real name was used on their posts. And at the end of the broadcast during the post game show his final words were "go check the BBB board I'm sure there is hate mail there for me"
    As I told Dan in the booth during a timeout--I have m name posted and will do it again Ed Hebert--
    I am posting this for your information because of the pre game show not getting on the net till 157pm....from the remarks Dan made after he praised Jimmy Watson's article I know he wanted EVERYONE to know how he feels.
    BTW after reading the article word for word on the air and saying "Jimmy you hit the nail on the head" Dave said the same thing...
    Dan said if everyone wants to help Tech--do 2 things #1. send your check to Tech and he gave the 257-4111 number incase they didn't know where to send it and #2. Be in attendance on Dec 5th for the Fresno game and for all Tech events--no excuses just be there

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Dear Dan,
    Thanks for all you do for Tech. I only wish I had was able to give as much to the program as you are able to give. I give all I can and probably more than I should. I haven't missed a home game in years and don't intend to miss Fresno State. Pardon me for loving this University and Team and wishing it to reach it's full potential. Before I question your loyalty I will ask if you agreed 100% with EVERYTHING that Jimmy Watson said in his "article" (editorial).
    Monty Hogg
    West Monroe

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Why don't we bite the hand that feeds us? Don't we sponsor help sponsor the broadcast? Uggh.

I'm sorry. Markay is my real first name, but I am not posting my last name for every freak and whatever to see. And, if you question why there's a little pink thing on my profile....its 'cuz I'm a girl and do have safety concerns since I live where an apparent serial killer does. But, I'm quite certain that anybody from Tech could find me if they want to - as I'm sure we don't have that many "Markay" civil engineering grads!

Since when did Tech want to begin tolerating less than mediocrity?!?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by TECHAJUN
    I understand that KXKZ's server did not join the broadcast till 1:57--I know that Dan Newman had wanted you all to hear this so I thought I would pass along what he said during pre game(yes I was there in the booth)--Danread the Watson article "chew on this" in it's entirety-word for word and called it the greatest artickle to describe Tech's season...he agreed with 100% and siad"Jimmy you hit the nail on the head"--he also said that he told Dwayne at the QB meeting Friday that he would not post on this board until everyone's real name was used on their posts. And at the end of the broadcast during the post game show his final words were "go check the BBB board I'm sure there is hate mail there for me"
    As I told Dan in the booth during a timeout--I have m name posted and will do it again Ed Hebert--
    I am posting this for your information because of the pre game show not getting on the net till 157pm....from the remarks Dan made after he praised Jimmy Watson's article I know he wanted EVERYONE to know how he feels.
    BTW after reading the article word for word on the air and saying "Jimmy you hit the nail on the head" Dave said the same thing...
    Dan said if everyone wants to help Tech--do 2 things #1. send your check to Tech and he gave the 257-4111 number incase they didn't know where to send it and #2. Be in attendance on Dec 5th for the Fresno game and for all Tech events--no excuses just be there
    Ed, I'm really disappointed to hear this...

This board has tried to help with the Growl for THREE SOLID years by providing tickets for the contest give-aways and even picked up the tab for the total cost of the Humanitarian Bowl Growl last year because the money wasn't in the budget...

This board has also HELPED land sponsors for the sponsoring of Bulldog Football and Baseball and has stepped up to the plate and became a "quarter" sponsor during this year's football broadcasts...

If this was said, and I have no reason to doubt that it wasn't...

All I can say is that I am disappointed and bewildered - by these actions based on our past history with both Dan and Dave...

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar
    Bewildered and a little shocked...I really didn't know how to respond in the press box...my concern is what goes over the air and the content being truthful and factual..I was a bit taken back that Dan read this thing word for word and responded the way he did..as adm. for this board and the amount of dollars and time you guys have spent on Tech I can only advise you to take this to Dan and Dave personally...they made the comments and for all their years in broadcasting they should have realized what they what they were doing....we at KXKZ respect all listeners equally and know our position, and we will discuss this issue with the proper authority of game day broadcasts.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar
    I can't say I'm too impressed with the way they treat sponsors.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Obviously, the people who have posted so far on this thread are NOT the people who have written the outrageously offensive things that create the perception of this board that Watson and the broadcast team referred to.
    Every day on talk radio and on some television shows one can hear personal attacks by people who have no connection to the people and athletic programs they attack.
    What we have had lately on here are some people who tie their whole sense of worth to the outcome of Tech athletic events and lash out at every facet of the program when they feel it LETS THEM DOWN.
    The flamers of recent years haven't even bothered to post here. Most of the rudest, crudest and negative posts have come from people who would be bragging to high heaven had the season gone well.
    Let's not attack Dan and Dave or Watson for being disenchanted with the board. All three have at times been written about unkindly here by a few people. When a member of a group attacks, it is not easy to separate the dangerous one from the group.
    Some of the worst attacks on these three are now buried in the cyberspace of the old board. However, the wounds remain in the minds of those men.
    For instance, when there was talk that Dave might broadcast for some other program and the majority of people on BB&B cried out for him to stay and sang his praises and talked about ways to keep him at Tech, one or two played down Dave's importance.
    If he read a few posts like that, he undoubtedly remembers them more than the ones praising and defending him. However, I don't think he was defending himself in this broadcast Saturday. He was defending others who have been recent victims of the scattergun attacks on the board.
    The fact that a Times columnist commented on the board and the broadcasters commented on a SPONSOR is evidence that a FEW people on the board have PUBLISHED ON HERE comments that go beyond established bounds of decorum in traditional media. This shows that what we write here should be as carefully considered as things published in newspapers and broadcast on the air.
    Some people here may have access to 100 times as much INSIDE information as most of us have.
    However, there are no clear-cut standards maintained on Internet publication. Some will make charges without documentation and some who read here will believe those charges because they haven't learned to distinguish between documented and rumor-based or undocumented charges.
    We don't want the police to believe and act on unsubstantiated charges and we don't want the professional media people to do it. And we have to learn to maintain the same standards ourselves.
    When we joke here, we take the risk of being taken as serious in our jokes. Asking one another to think over the implications of what we write before we hit the submit button isn't too much to ask. I promise to try harder.
    I know it isn't easy to consider every implication of what one says or writes ahead of time. I have spent decades writing for publication and have been misunderstood a few times and wished that I had not tossed out a word or phrase or whole passage at times. The perception picked up from something written in frustration or anger isn't easily erased from the public memory and especially from the mind of someone who feels personally and unfairly attacked.

Puppy vernon1945 is an unknown
    Who is this Dan guy?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TECHAJUN
    Ed,
    this is the part that really disturbs me. I can't think of anytime that anyone said anything negative about Dave. Sure there was one, maybe two, people who felt that we had other things more important to budget than an announcer, but these people never questioned Dave's ability and never questioned his superiority. It was much like a poor family deciding what to spend their monthly grocery bill on. Do you spend it on something that will feed you a couple of times or do you splurge and buy a couple of steaks to throw on the grill. After reading what you say Dave said, I'm not so sure we need those steaks.

Aub,
    Your post certainly has a degree of merit, but I don't buy that as an excuse for the bashing of this board. Frankly, I see a several people who have aligned themselves with an administration that embraces mediocrity and have taken it on themselves to be the mouth piece for this adminstration. I think this administration has decided that it doesn't want to do what it takes to make at the D1a level and are now employing all their resources to counter those who wish to see us play at the highest level. I think they've sat back and taken all they wanted to take and now they are sounding back. They don't care who they offend. In fact, I don't doubt that they want to run many of their supporters off so that they can have the excuse to drop back down to 1aa. Judging by their actions or rather inactions the last few years, I strongly suspect they would rather not have to deal with the headaches.

To be honest, I'm tired of worrying over our future. I'm tired of having to try to recruit people to be interested in Tech. That's not my job. But you see, I'm loyal to a fault. Sure some people place to much of their identity in these games. I was one of them for awhile. No, I didn't lose any sleep over a win or a loss. No I didn't beat my child or my wife over a loss or kick the cat or dog, but I did get very upset. But the thing that got me the most upset was not the wins or losses, but rather the obvious display of my very limited resources being wasted by donations and ticket purchases. I bought these tickets and gave as much money as I could with the assumption that those in power really cared as much as I did with the suceess of these teams. That illusion has been shattered.

I personally have been responsible for the additional purchase of 5 new season ticket holders this year. I was also integral (along with AD) in getting at least 10 dormant alums out to the home opener by spending my hard earned and limited resources to put together a tailgate for us all to meet and get their interest sparked so that when they saw how far we've come, they would be ready to get back on board. I think those on the board who stopped by will attest to the success of that tailgate. Is that alot? Taken individually, probably not, but if each regular season ticket holder were responsible for helping to convince at least 2 more people to buy season tickets, think how much better we would be. If there is any doubt to the legitimacy of my claims, call Mrs. Flo and ask her how much of a headache Todd Dean, from Baton Rouge, was this past summer during the ticket drive by trying to get everyone's seats organized. The problem is we aren't getting any help from the administration. No one is going to want to jump on this bandwagon if they don't see it going anywhere.

But now, with this broadcast of Dan and Dave reaching thousands of potential fans, all I have done is for naught. I'd be willing to bet this board has been more successful in recruiting new season ticket holders than anything the school has done. Frankly, I'm getting tired of taking all the ridicule from everyone down here in LSU country. If I lived in North La., it'd be easier because while there is an overabundance of LSU folks, there are still quite a few Tech folks. Down here we don't have that luxury. We don't have the luxury of living in another state where most people don't care about the progress or regress of Louisiana Tech. I won't deal with it anymore. I have stated to our opponents that I have predicted we would win our games against them because I do not support losers. Well, after reading what Dave and Dan have said I'm convinced in my belief that the administration all the way to the top, doesn't want us to succeed. So, after much deliberation, I'm going to stick by my statement. I do not support losers, and I will not support losers. I will make one more post on this board and that is going to be to Tanuki so that I can get his information to pay off a loss of a bet.

Good Luck Bulldogs.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Don't stop posting because of this issue. I think it will be worked out. We're all upset right now and it all boils down to us (Dan, Dave, and Jimmy too) being dissapointed after having such high hopes for this season.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    I ABSOLUTELY share DD's opinion that its getting really hard to make this worth the fight when it doesn't appear that our administration even sees any of this as a problem. If its not any more important to be successful - or even respectable - than it is, why should it be worth my time or money?. As I've said before I'm one of those alums that became interested in Tech athletics again BECAUSE of BB&B. For quite a few years after I graduated I couldn't have even told you who Tech played or how they'd done in any sport. But, with the enthusiasm for Tech that I saw here I stated taking an interest again - a big interest and with that followed plenty of time and money. I bought into working to make things better and improving the status of our program - and I wanted to help and enjoy the progress! I'm feeling rather duped about this whole thing now - see I made the mistake of thinking that the people on this board embraced the attitude that was at Tech - apparently it doesn't include the administration. If they do not want us to win at the WAC and Div. 1A level, we won't!

I'd like to see some indication that I've made a wise investment - and that we here on the board are not the only ones with vision for our athletic endeavors.

There are some messages (VERY few) that have been what I would consider too much. And, even the worst couldn't hold a candle to the things written on LSU's board during their coaching problems of recent years. They took the bull by the horns and addressed it and much greater success has followed. I don't think any of us have ever expected Tech to BE LSU, but to be working towards a goal of continued progress in our program. It looks like Tech's administration will just get upset with their supporters for caring. I see comments that strong from the announcers (even taking the time to READ the whole article!) of the official Tech broadcast dedicating that amount of time to the issue as an official response of sorts from the university - saying something like "shut up, we're not going to change anything".

Its a good thing its not time to re-up on season tickets and CHAMPS right this minute - I'd not be enthusiastically grabbing my checkbook (and, quite frankly, I'm not sure I would be grabbing it at all).

Don't jump ship just yet. Like I posted to Dirty, I think things will be all hashed out this week. I'm sure that Jim Oakes won't approve of one of his strongest supporters (and critics) being publicly chastised. There is nothing he can do about Jimmy Watson, but there is much he can do about the comments made before the game by his radio team. It would have been fine had Dan made a general statement about Tech fans, but to single out a particular group of fans is not acceptable and I don't think Jim will approve. I also don't think Dan put much thought into what he said before he said it. I'm betting he realizes that now. You could almost hear it in his tone when he made the comment at the end of the game.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    I caught only the very tail-end of the post game show and was confused when Dan made that comment "there is probably a lot of hate mail for me on the BB&B." Since I didn't hear the pregame show, I didn't know what he was talking about at the time. I did think, no way Dan, you're a great guy and Tech supporter, why in the world would there be hate mail for you?

But, most disturbing is Dave's position on this. Did Dave actually say he supported the bashing of the BB&B and its members? Or did he, in a generic way, agree with Watson's article about apathetic Tech fans in general?

I want to believe it's the latter case. I know this will sound funny, but Dave Nitz is kind of a hero of mine. He has been the voice of the Dawgs for so long, I feel like we've shared many great and trying moments together, over the past 26 years! To think that he would now attack me, through my association with this forum, is disheartening. If it's true.

Dan Newman, on the other hand, is more opinionated and apt to take a position on this issue. Which is fine, that's his right to do so. But, he then can not get bent out of shape when others express an opinion also. For instance, in my opinion, this team has under-achieved this year and it's Bicknell and staff's fault. That is MY opinion.

If Dan and Jimmy Watson don't like my opinion, fine, that's their opinions.

I hope to speak to Dave Nitz today before the basketball game. I like Nitz a lot, and will tell him so. He's among the very best in sports' play by play in the nation. Louisiana Tech, and her loyal fans, are fortunate to have such an accomplished broadcaster as the voice of the Dawgs.

Ya gotta Love it!

I'm giving them both the benefit of the doubt right now. I think Dan probably just got caught up in the moment and really had not considered all the positive things done by this board. If he is a personal friend of Bicknell, it would be easy for him to say negative things about us. Problem is that he has already spoken his mind. Will he retract some of what he said? I don't expect him to do it publicly, but I do expect him to make a post on the board.

Dave was probably caught up in something else at the moment and was like, "yeah, sure Dan, whatever." There is NO bigger supporter of Dave than this board and he's gotta know that.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute
    Well, I am mad as hell about this and everyone with the "BB&B Loyalty Donor" tag under their name should feel the same way. Man, talking about biting the hand that feeds you!

Dirty, hang in there. Just because some so called "color analyst" with a huge ego and a bully pulpit decides to open his mouth and insert his foot doesn't mean we should throw the baby out with the bath water.

Newman apparently is a card carrying member of the little group (I call them the "Lincoln Logs") that considers themselves "in power" of Tech athletics. In my opinion, after many, many years, the Lincoln Logs feel as if that power base is being threatened by a group demanding much better results than what is being delivered. IMO, Newman feels that if he can discredit BB&B to a large listening audience that will break the threat to their grip on how Tech conducts business.

The Lincoln Logs are about to weigh this program down for good. Dirtydawg, I feel that instead of giving in to them, we (BB&B Loyalists) should become even more vocal and direct our displeasure straight to the AD, President and Athletic Council. I don't think they really realize what a powerful group the BB&B Loyalists are.

Dave, we still love 'ya!! Newman, you split your britches good on this one.

+ Reply to Thread